Manueldelrey

Lana Del Rey Nominated for 2 Grammys!

Guys don't be so negative :/ I mean everyone that was nominated has at least a shot at winning, who knows they might surprise us... I pray to god lana gets at least one grammy.. Im not really doubting it tho. Just stay positive team lana!!!

How does the voting process for the Grammys work anyway? Lol

So being a teenager is worth extra points in pop? I thought that music should just be judged as music no matter who's made it. If someone like Mick Jagger makes a bad record then we just could say: " It's really good for someone who is almost 70 years old" or " your grampa is 69, can he sing? No, Well in that case you should not criticize Mick!". I can understand your reasoning when an adorable 5 years old is singing. At seventeen a pop singer is judged against all other artists. " Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, but she has really said some stupid things, I understand why some are angry.

It's pretty sophisticated compared to other popular examples of 15 year olds recording music. It would be just as fantastic if she were 25, if a little weird considering the content.

And no one's bothered giving a shit about follow up statements or context in regards to those "stupid things" so that's a weak argument on anyone's behalf

Umm, I think that Lorde dissed Lana and pretended to misunderstand National Anthem to get away from the criticism that she was a blatant rip off of her - "if I pretend to not know much about Lana, then I can distance myself from her". That was just my view. She reminds of LDR and Marina, she seemed like she wanted to establish herself as a 'tumblr queen' or whatever?

Anyways, I know nothing about the grammys, so when exactly does it finish? I thought it was over weeks ago  :eek:

Can you both bring it all the way down and shut the fuck up

She's seventeen, do you not feel disgusting making some of those comments about a child?

And who says she's even trying to accomplish the same thing as Lana? They both have low voices and they're white alternative singers. Other comparisons? The hip-hop beats? Now that's hilarious. Yeah, Lorde is hip-hop.

I like Lorde and her personality is usually misunderstood and her looks always judged too hard. Don't tell me what I have to admit

Stop talking about it. Or write a blog I don't give a shit just stop being horrible people where I have to look at it

First of all I didn't say anything disgusting related to Lorde s I don't feel disgusting at all. Saying her personality is irritating or saying she is miles away from having the body of work compared to someone who is doing music and videos for a long time is not disgusting, rude or vile. By the way I am 18 so no I don't feel I am criticizing a child and I didn't consider myself a child one year ago. An yes she does look like Sid which doesn't eman she is ugly or is offensive saying that.

As far as I am concerned nothing vile or character damaging was said about Lorde so your little rant is absolutuely out of place. By the way I wont stop talking or shut the fuk up because you told me so and I hope no one else does it. Who do you think you are Sitar? This is a discussion board and Lorde is a pop artist which is not a child . Like any other pop star her work is out there and people will talk about it. I bought the album listen to it a couple times and felt bored quickly. What is the problem with that? I cant say that because you don't want to see it? Lorde has quite a drama, over herself attitude and likes to shit all over other artist whom don't seem to share her absolutely child like points of view. People will talk about that and is absolute fair game since Lorde herself feels entitled to share her opinions in magazines for evryone else to see.

About those asking what others were doing at 15 I would say I was preparing myself to don't sound like an idiot when I open my beautiful mouth in public at 17. And today I am preparing myself to don't sound like an idiot when I am in my middle 20. All that to have a pretty damn good career so the fact she wrote the album at 15 is amazing and Pure Heroine is a good album with some pretty good tracks. Not taking her creditis away in any form but she does have a personality that I don't really enjoy and I don't find her particularly a bright cookie which is an opinion and I am allowed to have one.

glgcDdT.gif

The film academy (the ones who do the Oscars) have released a list of 75 contenders for the Original Song category and Young & Beautiful is on it: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/goldstandard/la-et-mn-oscars-original-song-20131216,0,5537906.story#ixzz2nkHtN5nH

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

The film academy (the ones who do the Oscars) have released a list of 75 contenders for the Original Song category and Young & Beautiful is on it: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/goldstandard/la-et-mn-oscars-original-song-20131216,0,5537906.story#ixzz2nkHtN5nH

That is a lot!

Will they narrow it down to nominees later?

Wait what...why is Shine Your Way even on that list....I love Adam Young, but that was a cliche song for a children's movie... :lanasrs:

That is a lot!

Will they narrow it down to nominees later?

yeah, they're going to start voting for the nominations on dec 27 and announce the nominees on jan 16

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

First of all I didn't say anything disgusting related to Lorde s I don't feel disgusting at all. Saying her personality is irritating or saying she is miles away from having the body of work compared to someone who is doing music and videos for a long time is not disgusting, rude or vile. By the way I am 18 so no I don't feel I am criticizing a child and I didn't consider myself a child one year ago. An yes she does look like Sid which doesn't eman she is ugly or is offensive saying that.

As far as I am concerned nothing vile or character damaging was said about Lorde so your little rant is absolutuely out of place. By the way I wont stop talking or shut the fuk up because you told me so and I hope no one else does it. Who do you think you are Sitar? This is a discussion board and Lorde is a pop artist which is not a child . Like any other pop star her work is out there and people will talk about it. I bought the album listen to it a couple times and felt bored quickly. What is the problem with that? I cant say that because you don't want to see it? Lorde has quite a drama, over herself attitude and likes to shit all over other artist whom don't seem to share her absolutely child like points of view. People will talk about that and is absolute fair game since Lorde herself feels entitled to share her opinions in magazines for evryone else to see.

About those asking what others were doing at 15 I would say I was preparing myself to don't sound like an idiot when I open my beautiful mouth in public at 17. And today I am preparing myself to don't sound like an idiot when I am in my middle 20. All that to have a pretty damn good career so the fact she wrote the album at 15 is amazing and Pure Heroine is a good album with some pretty good tracks. Not taking her creditis away in any form but she does have a personality that I don't really enjoy and I don't find her particularly a bright cookie which is an opinion and I am allowed to have one.

Oh this happened :rip: What is with all the sidebars, I don't care whether or not you enjoyed her album

OMG at you being younger than me #authority

and omg stop w/ all the lorde stuff jfc

They're insecure :poordat:

If anyone's still trying a Lorde argument with me it's just funny at this point tbh

Clearly I stan. Like

Paradise for BPVA! :slayty:

Oh this happened :rip: What is with all the sidebars, I don't care whether or not you enjoyed her album

OMG at you being younger than me #authority

Omg i dont care about whatever bla bla bla cames out of your mouth just like I dont care about Lorde

glgcDdT.gif

Omg i dont care about whatever bla bla bla cames out of your mouth just like I dont care about Lorde

Slay me with your articulate argument Viva

"About those asking what others were doing at 15 I would say I was preparing myself to don't sound like an idiot when I open my beautiful mouth in public at 17." hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Slay me with your articulate argument Viva

"About those asking what others were doing at 15 I would say I was preparing myself to don't sound like an idiot when I open my beautiful mouth in public at 17." hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Some people and some answers dont worth more than a few words . That's all.

glgcDdT.gif

Some people and some answers dont worth more than a few words . That's all.

Which makes those three paragraphs further up the page really curious

Wow you win~

Which makes those three paragraphs further up the page really curious

Wow you win~

You are bored or just your annoying self?

Anyway new years is my favorite time and since is around the corner I wish you all the goodies, tons of health and success, love and peace, friends, boyfriends. You know what they say about words? We should keep them sweet in case we have too eat them. Who gives a shot about it? Its new years week enjoy it.

glgcDdT.gif

she is an ugly teen that knows it all. Pretty people don't know shit, cuz they're pretty.

She is ugly and she has read some books, y'all! Pretty girls just read Cosmo.

And in all seriousness, I hate that fucking cunt.

If I could I would drag and beat up that bitch, even her music stinks like what the fuck, even the avatars and sigs with her annoy me like she is so fugly.

I wanted to write that even her fans must admit that she is just simply ugly....now that is just a fact

The only thing that's ugly here are these comments. (And my subject-verb disagreement in the previous sentence.) Vile. Misogynist even.

First of all I didn't say anything disgusting related to Lorde

Oh yeah?

under the spoiler you will see all I can think about when I listen to Lorde or see her face

gAfx7Wj.jpg

Now I know what you're going to say 'cause you've already said it:

An yes she does look like Sid which doesn't eman she is ugly or is offensive saying that.

But I think you're being disingenuous when you say that.

She's seventeen, do you not feel disgusting making some of those comments about a child?

Yeah, I know some of you commenting are also children, figuratively if not literally, but there's just something unseemly about a barely 17-year-old girl being subjected to so much criticism about her appearance. :smh:

While it's being discussed: I find her to be very beautiful, actually. I don't know what kind of fucked up beauty ideals some of you grew up with, but saying that she is ugly would aesthetically be an insult to 98% of humanity.

Agree with this 100%. Her face is unusual-- she's not conventionally pretty-- but I think she's very pretty nonetheless. And I mean that in the most non-creepy way a 32-year-old married man can say that about a girl scarcely older than half his age. :creep:

What was this thread about again? Oh, right. Grammy said she'll leave the lights on for me.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

The only thing that's ugly here are these comments. (And my subject-verb disagreement in the previous sentence.) Vile. Misogynist even.

Oh yeah?

Now I know what you're going to say 'cause you've already said it:

But I think you're being disingenuous when you say that.

Yeah, I know some of you commenting are also children, figuratively if not literally, but there's just something unseemly about a barely 17-year-old girl being subjected to so much criticism about her appearance. :smh:

Agree with this 100%. Her face is unusual-- she's not conventionally pretty-- but I think she's very pretty nonetheless. And I mean that in the most non-creepy way a 32-year-old married man can say that about a girl scarcely older than half his age. :creep:

What was this thread about again? Oh, right. Grammy said she'll leave the lights on for me.

When I saw you quoted me in this thread I thought you were about to subject me to your wise dragging but I'm very pleasantly surprised :gclap: Sources, grammar, minimal emoticons. Evil for master debater.

It's been #AWorldAlone for me in defense of Lorde here (cc: @@Rafael your hashtag impact)

When I saw you quoted me in this thread I thought you were about to subject me to your wise dragging but I'm very pleasantly surprised :gclap: Sources, grammar, minimal emoticons. Evil for master debater.

It's been #AWorldAlone for me in defense of Lorde here (cc: @@Rafael your hashtag impact)

Welcome to a world of diversity. Not everyone agrees with you, get over it. Viva is a breath of fresh air. BTW sitar, I appreciate that you're a real Lana fan.

Lorde: You know, I really love her and I'm a fan of her and I think her songs are absolutely cool but it's her first year in the business ... so why is she nominated in all those categories ?

You hit the nail on the head!

I can't take this event seriously anymore: There are these newcomer all over who haven't done anything yet for the music business - those grammys are a real bargain in those cases - while others who've been there for 20 or 30 years and really moved something just got 1 nomination ever in their whole career.

If Lana really wants it, I'll keep my fingers crossed for her. But that jury surely will chose someone else ... Adele. :noparty:  :pft: