lflflflflflflflflflf

[Poll] Renaming of Sirens/From The End/Quiet Now

How shall we arrange the new songs?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. How shall we arrange the new songs?

• Keep new EPs and disassemble Sirens/or 3 x EP
    • Keep Sirens, disassemble and merge the new EPs
    • Don't rename anything and keep EPs/Sirens separate

Universally, I think we should agree on a new system so, here are our options!

OPTION 1, Keep new EPs and disassemble Sirens/or 3 x EP:

Orange = Old song from Sirens

From The End:

• Out With A Bang
  • Peace
  • Bad Disease
  • For You
  • Wait
  • How Do You Know Me So Well?
  • Try Tonight
  • Dear Elliot
  • Drive By
  • Aviation
Quiet Now
  • Blizzard
  • You, Mister
  • Junky Pride
  • Move
  • There's Nothing To Be Sorry About
  • More Mountains
  • In Wendy
Sirens (now as separate EP or as loose unreleased acoustic tracks):
  • Next To Me
  • A Star For Nick
  • My Momma
  • Pretty Baby
  • Birds Of A Feather
===========================================================

OPTION 2: Keep Sirens, disassemble and merge the new EPs:

Blue = from the new EPs

Sirens:

• Drive By
  • Next To Me
  • A Star For Nick
  • My Momma
  • Bad Disease
  • Out With A Bang
  • For Elliot
  • Try Tonight
  • Peace
  • How Do You Know Me So Well?
  • Pretty Baby
  • Aviation
  • Move
  • Junky Pride
  • Birds Of A Feather
From The End/Quiet Now:
  • For You
  • Wait
  • Blizzard
  • You, Mister
  • There's Nothing To Be Sorry About
  • More Mountains
  • In Wendy
Discuss!

I'm going to keep all albums/EPs seperate and not change track listings since I'm pretty sure they're all legit but I think I'm going to correct the Sirens track names.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Wait nvm.

I'm going to keep all albums/EPs seperate and don't change track listings since I'm pretty sure they're all legit but I think I'm going to correct the Sirens track names.

I thought option two was this, so... this!

The article was written in June 2012 when everyone just treated it as an album without knowing if it was legit or not. From The End and Quiet Now (2005) definitely predate the idea of Sirens (2006?) anyway so I think it's where the tracks really belong since Lana would have released FTE and QN first.

Also, From The End and Quiet Now are registered as albums whereas Sirens isn't which I think implies that Sirens is fanmade. Either way, I actually don't know which tracklist setup I prefer :/

@@evilentity, your 2¢ on whether Sirens is real or not? I'm sure you've posted about it before.

The article was written in June 2012 when everyone just treated it as an album without knowing if it was legit or not. From The End and Quiet Now (2005) definitely predate the idea of Sirens (2006?) anyway so I think it's where the tracks really belong since Lana would have released FTE and QN first.

Also, From The End and Quiet Now are registered as album whereas Sirens isn't which I think implies that Sirens is fanmade.

well he says he bought it in 2006 or 2007 here and he first mentioned it in january. it's not that unusual to re-use songs especially if she didn't release from the end and quiet now. or maybe she compiled some songs she had for some people who wanted to hear her music or something.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

well he says he bought it in 2006 or 2007 here and he first mentioned it in january. it's not that unusual to re-use songs especially if she didn't release from the end and quiet now. or maybe she compiled some songs she had for some people who wanted to hear her music or something.

Oh right hmmm  :defeated:

decisions!

Where's the option for none of the above? I fucking hate both of these options. They're terrible. I'm mostly with @@lola on this: 

I'm going to keep all albums/EPs seperate and don't change track listings since I'm pretty sure they're all legit but I think I'm going to correct the Sirens track names.

Even though most of the existing titles are fanmade, I don't think we should completely discard the titles that everyone knows them by unless some decent receipts for these new titles being the real titles are put forward. (How do we know they're not made up?) However, I wouldn't be opposed to renaming the thread for "For K" to "For K/Drive By" and listing it as "For K" under Sirens and as "Drive By" under From the End in the "All Lyrics Thread".

But I see no reason to not treat these as three separate albums that just happen to have some overlap.

Keeping in mind that Sirens isn't even a real album, it's a fanmade compilation of unreleased songs that someone had at the time.

The idea of Sirens not being a real album is purely speculative. There's no evidence for this. There is pretty good provenance for it being real.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Where's the option for none of the above? I fucking hate both of these options. They're terrible. I'm mostly with @@lola on this: 

Even though most of the existing titles are fanmade, I don't think we should completely discard the titles that everyone knows them by unless some decent receipts for these new titles being the real titles are put forward. (How do we know they're not made up?) I wouldn't be opposed to renaming the thread for this "For K/Drive By" and listing it as "For K" under Sirens and as "Drive By" under From the End in the "All Lyrics Thread".

But I see no reason to not treat these as three separate albums that just happen to have some overlap.

The idea of Sirens not being a real album is purely speculative. There's no evidence for this.

Daddy Evil speaking sense into the heathens :smile:

I'm gonna leave Sirens as it is and then have the EPs with just the songs that aren't from the album in them. Kind of pointless to change the song titles in my opinion, I could never start calling "Find My Own Way" as "Move" just because it leaked like that now...