Sign in to follow this  
brettsrebellion

Tips for Attending a Lana Concert

Wasn't any kind of pit when I saw her in London. But there were assholes like at every concert so I'd rename the thread how to survive the assholes. lol

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I'm not really scared I wanna know kind of what it's going to be like. I've been in a pit before but tbh I wanna know what type of shoes to wear lol bc I wanna know if someone's gonna get step on my feet should I wear wedges or sandals or shoes or is it going to be hot should  I bother actually looking nice or am I going to get covered in sweat I'm sorry but I've never been to a Lana concert also I want to know if there's a routine on how to meet her after/before the concert. Need some tips :heart:

god knows I tried

I'm not really scared I wanna know kind of what it's going to be like. I've been in a pit before but tbh I wanna know what type of shoes to wear lol bc I wanna know if someone's gonna get step on my feet should I wear wedges or sandals or shoes or is it going to be hot should I bother actually looking nice or am I going to get covered in sweat I'm sorry but I've never been to a Lana concert also I want to know if there's a routine on how to meet her after/before the concert. Need some tips :heart:

You're gonna be sweaty, very, very sweaty and you'll be pressed against someone the entire time if you're not in the back. It's probably gonna be the hottest you'll ever be inside a building depending on where you live.

You shouldn't wear wedges, sandals, or heels because not only is that a fantastic way to lose your shoes, you'll also get your feet trampled on in sandals, break your ankle in wedges, and crush people's feet in heels, so tennis/athletic shoes are a must. I wore my Vans and that was good. People will be stepping on you regardless.

It can get pretty tough. This teenage boy and like teenage girl in front of me almost got in a fight and two older guys behind me were about to start throwing punches at each other. Be careful who you push.

Stay hydrated! They took 2 girls out of the pit from the very front because they were gonna faint. You need to have food in your system - nothing heavy. Lots and lots of water and just breathe. I know it sounds like your training for some crazy sport but its almost like that. And if you are in the front row, you will be pushed into the gate. Be respectful but hold tour ground. There is always some weasel who thhink they can make their way to the front and get in front of you. Some of us waited in line for hours and spent the dy in line - NO ONE was getting my spot. Have fun - having said all of that, it was THE best experience.

You're gonna be sweaty, very, very sweaty and you'll be pressed against someone the entire time if you're not in the back. It's probably gonna be the hottest you'll ever be inside a building depending on where you live.

You shouldn't wear wedges, sandals, or heels because not only is that a fantastic way to lose your shoes, you'll also get your feet trampled on in sandals, break your ankle in wedges, and crush people's feet in heels, so tennis/athletic shoes are a must. I wore my Vans and that was good. People will be stepping on you regardless.

It can get pretty tough. This teenage boy and like teenage girl in front of me almost got in a fight and two older guys behind me were about to start throwing punches at each other. Be careful who you push.

oh god I've been to night clubs like that where there's no circulation you feel like you're gonna faint and are so sweaty oh god. I have asthma too lord. I'll get one of those tennis shoes or something I'm gonna need to wear something light because I get hot really easy and if you can bring water bottles I'll always have one on me. Thanks a lot it's a good thing I knew this because I would've shown up looking really dumb. As far as the fights, I doubt someone would start with me bc I'm super nice and if they do I'll just have to handle it lol

god knows I tried

oh god I've been to night clubs like that where there's no circulation you feel like you're gonna faint and are so sweaty oh god. I have asthma too lord. I'll get one of those tennis shoes or something I'm gonna need to wear something light because I get hot really easy and if you can bring water bottles I'll always have one on me. Thanks a lot it's a good thing I knew this because I would've shown up looking really dumb. As far as the fights, I doubt someone would start with me bc I'm super nice and if they do I'll just have to handle it lol

Yeah, it's worse than a night club, like way less circulation. Some venues don't allow you to bring in outside food and drinks (mine didn't), so don't forget to bring money into the venue just incase. They were people paying a guy in my part of the crowd to leave and go get water for them lol. I went the whole time without a drink (5 or 6 hours) and when I got done I was dehydrated, so water is v important.

Yeah, it's worse than a night club, like way less circulation. Some venues don't allow you to bring in outside food and drinks (mine didn't), so don't forget to bring money into the venue just incase. They were people paying a guy in my part of the crowd to leave and go get water for them lol. I went the whole time without a drink (5 or 6 hours) and when I got done I was dehydrated, so water is v important.

idek what to do anymore I have to reroute my whole plan plus the weather is always crazy on the east coast urgh. So my show starts at 7 I think or 8 should I get there hours early to get into the pit? Sorry about all these questions you don't have to answer just you seem to know about it.

god knows I tried

MAKE IT YOUR MAIN GOAL TO GET TO THE FRONT

'cause honestly there's no point of being in the pit, you can hardly see her, barely hear her. I toughed it out and got to the front row like through half of the show.

There were countless people being carried over the barricades by security guards to get out.

My friends fought their way out like by her second song and went to go sit in the balcony. When I got out, I was soooo soaking wet and my hair was so fucked up.

don't wear anything white unless you want it dyed yellowish brown from other people's sweat and/or blood 

lel that was more of a general tip than a survival tip. keep your elbows out? wear spikes? practice by walking through a carwash 

ok no but really there is no way to know. it depends on the crowd but you will be extremely uncomfortable so just mentally prepare yourself 

ZRBNill.jpg

idek what to do anymore I have to reroute my whole plan plus the weather is always crazy on the east coast urgh. So my show starts at 7 I think or 8 should I get there hours early to get into the pit? Sorry about all these questions you don't have to answer just you seem to know about it.

It kinda depends on the venue. I got there around 4:30 and the venue opened at 6:30 and there were less than 150 people in front of me, but I guess it depends on how popular she is in your area. You should definitely get there before it opens or the pit is pointless.

I'm not really scared I wanna know kind of what it's going to be like. I've been in a pit before but tbh I wanna know what type of shoes to wear lol bc I wanna know if someone's gonna get step on my feet should I wear wedges or sandals or shoes or is it going to be hot should  I bother actually looking nice or am I going to get covered in sweat I'm sorry but I've never been to a Lana concert also I want to know if there's a routine on how to meet her after/before the concert. Need some tips :heart:

im wearing high top converse!

It kinda depends on the venue. I got there around 4:30 and the venue opened at 6:30 and there were less than 150 people in front of me, but I guess it depends on how popular she is in your area. You should definitely get there before it opens or the pit is pointless.

ok thank you!! now I know I prob have to leave early because I'm traveling.

god knows I tried

practice sprinting tbh, it all came down to running when i went to her concert. I also got there like 7 hours early and i'm tiny, but as long as you can run you should be good

sig3_2.png

At any venue there will be a bar/fence...hold onto that fence/bar for dear liffee! and if your feeling squished, try to place two feet on the fence and push back as hard as you can...Good luck!

Live Forever Golden Grill.

I saw her in London, I was 2 rows of assholes from the front and bloody hell people were pushing so much. i was literally resting my body on the girl in front of me, who btw had never heard young and beautiful before lol.. 

anyway just elbow everyone and try and make a little bit of space around you. sometimes if u say ur gonna be sick then people move away from you

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

also at the hammersmith apollo the security only searched half the peoples bags- so if ur bag didnt get searched you could sprint through to the front, which was really annoying for people who queued all day but not for me obvs cos thats how i got so close

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif