National Anthem

ALLIE X

Anyone else feel like she's proper flopping or

And that she shouldn't be but is in part dude to really just mismanaging the era?

She seems much more invested in the next era than the current and I just hope that means that CLXIII slaps

Yes, she completely missed the mark imo. Tbh, she missed the mark very early on. She had enough good songs to put out CXI in 2014 when she got the attention from the Katy Perry tweet but went the rest of the year into hiding. Then she got a moment going in 2015 with CXI and let it die in 2016 with the whole Unsolved mess.

Herself and her team are the ones in the way of stablishing the Allie X project. She could've a Charli or MØ sized fan base by now if she knew how to ride the momentum she created back then.

自由になる自由がある

I Die everytime I think that Alexandra was, for real, the Center-Piece for the project and it ended nowhere in the tracklist :creep:

I mean... the whole thing about "CLX II is about finding yourself"...

:creep:

that's why we NEVER create a song too early and listen to it a lot, because we'll get bored of it even if it's the theme of your album :creep:

I Die everytime I think that Alexandra was, for real, the Center-Piece for the project and it ended nowhere in the tracklist :creep:

that's why we NEVER create a song too early and listen to it a lot, because we'll get bored of it even if it's the theme of your album :creep:

Literally none of CLXII is about finding yourself or the cover or anything, too. Which is frustrating because it's something thag really resonated with me with CLXI. The whole plot or whatever disappeared completely and feeling X doesn't really mean much anymore.

I'm not really sure what she's going for anymore. I think the most frustrating things are the explanation videos because they all say the same thing "I used to be into things that were bad for me and I didn't gaf and this is about dark things but I'm not going to talk about them so it's a metaphor for love." She has an interesting story to tell and she's capable of serious lyricism... so where is it? She's gone from being mysterious in a tantalizing way to literally just not being present

Literally none of CLXII is about finding yourself or the cover or anything, too. Which is frustrating because it's something thag really resonated with me with CLXI. The whole plot or whatever disappeared completely and feeling X doesn't really mean much anymore.

I'm not really sure what she's going for anymore. I think the most frustrating things are the explanation videos because they all say the same thing "I used to be into things that were bad for me and I didn't gaf and this is about dark things but I'm not going to talk about them so it's a metaphor for love." She has an interesting story to tell and she's capable of serious lyricism... so where is it? She's gone from being mysterious in a tantalizing way to literally just not being present

I think it also comes from inspiration. Idk if she was dating back when doing CLX I, but I feel the lyrics were way more "I'm devastated and really fked up trying to move into the next thing" while on CLX II the things take a turn up that if we take a look, it really gives kinda of an "insight" from a part of view of an relationship (that you probably keep on going).

It find it funny how the album starts with Paper Love and it kinda reflects on me that moment of "Knowing someone" but not really knowing where it will be going but you make up assumptions and then it ends with "True Love is Violent" (which for me holds a really strong "double-innuendo" but...) that from certain point of view can be seen as like "we lived it all and we still together because love hurts but it's worth" type of thing.

Songs like Downtown really get also the seXual thing ("time of my life I just wanted to... be abused?") and... it just follows this line for me.  It's really about a relationship.

I think a lot of CLX I and CLX II follow the "same path" but the latter is extended and it makes it seem way more obvious. 

Prime and Lifted are really like connected songs, the thing about being "young & reckless" "Do it for fun" 

That's So Us & Sanctuary about this thing of feeling "safe & well" next to someone 

In my visions the whole CLX-II kinda went "all wrong" with different scenarios.

First of all, it was meant to be released in 2016. Period.

It was pretty clear that the original campaign was set to release Old Habits Die Hard as the lead, followed by Too Much To Dream and then All The Rage. No way she would create the whole "Unsolved" ~~mess~~ (I kinda like it but It could have been better), drop all these songs, PROMOTE THEM (Ok she really didn't perform or got radio airplay, still, she created music videos & etc). Like what's the point releasing stand alone singles for some Spotify Playlist.

I think that after Too Much To Dream (which was like, the first Unsolved song?), the decided to "try" this experiment of lowkey releasing the singles and some demos etc to pick 'em up later for the album. It was more likely she had a direction ready to go about the album.

One of the resons why I believe that the unsolved songs were the actual album singles before the album is the fact that right when she dropped OHDH and created a competition and the prize was "A snippet for a song that will be on CLX II" (I'm almost sure the winner got to hear Alexandra snippet, I might ask it someday cuz I kinda "know" (I've seen them in person, does it count? nn) the winners). She also performed Alexandra live by the end of 2015. Onde again, she knew where it was meant to be going. 

It's pretty clear she had a mindset, songs and concepts ready but somehow threw all away to produce new music. This is also what our sis Melting Days shared of his talk with 24\7 and how she had "many uncompleted demos and just went by the mainstream songs".

Remember that by the time she released  All The Rage, before the song actually came out, a "remix" (I think it was actually the one that was meant to be sent to radio ???) leaked. She not only created the official music video with Drag-Queen-Superstar Violet but also that acoustic piano version video... she really pushed the song. (Also throwback to the fact the hinted before even releasing that's so us as a Unsolved song, she would make "everything to make the song big if we helped").

Then 2017 started. February and... ah... her website.

The countdown. The Snippets.... someway the site bug and revealing the whole thing before the right time

AND THEN OUR SIS ANNOUNCES THAT THE ALBUM WOULD TAKE 5 MORE MONTHS TO COME. By the time the album came I think part of the "HYPE" following around her from the Unsolved songs or the CLXI release was already lost. But still.

I don't think CLX II is nowhere next being a failure or mistake or anything because it also gave her many good things: 2 "high budget" music videos, she was able to perform outside the Americas, the album itself caught some people's attention... it def shows way more positive points than negative ones. And of course it could have been "better" but I mean... she did so many cool interviews and some really amazing lives.

I just hope that by the next record she'll be like in a perfect set-up to put her visions on it and there won't be any "label issues" or anything (Which we saw that happened this time, once why the vinyl release etc...........) and I think she really doing it right. I really believe she'll get "bigger" than she is today, not anything like international stardoom-the-new-lady-gaga but something like "Grimes" realness, yeah.

Pls post this writeup on /r/popheads on Reddit, it's really interesting.

Don’t forget that note on the cover art of OHDH that we’ll probably never get an explanation of...

Okay enough negativity for today (not really hehehe); CAN WE ALL AGREE MISTAKE IS A CERTIFIED #BOP? Ugh, so so good

I love Mistake so much! It’s easily my top pick in terms of old songs I’d like to see be reworked. It’s so simply written but in a good way.

anyways why was casanova mv not released via vevo

idk but who cares. Vevo doesn't mean shxt these days anyway - especially since they're merging music artists into a single branded channel now anyway. 

Okay enough negativity for today (not really hehehe); CAN WE ALL AGREE MISTAKE IS A CERTIFIED #BOP? Ugh, so so good

Yes!! But I don't really like the ALX version, the original is better/more fitting to the lyrics.

Don’t forget that note on the cover art of OHDH that we’ll probably never get an explanation of...

Omg I completely forgot about that lmao Is there anything related to that note on any of the CXII gifs/visuals?

自由になる自由がある

Ahhhhhhhhhh my CLX I vinyl just arrived and I almost fainted first because I thought it was gatefold for some reason and then because the vinyl had some "scratches" and white dirt AND it's soooooo beautiful. Love the lyrics (even tho it's missing Never Enough but the fact this HYMN is on the record makes me happy already)

Ahhhhhhhhhh my CLX I vinyl just arrived and I almost fainted first because I thought it was gatefold for some reason and then because the vinyl had some "scratches" and white dirt AND it's soooooo beautiful. Love the lyrics (even tho it's missing Never Enough but the fact this HYMN is on the record makes me happy already)

Let me know how the sound quality is. Both mine and a friend's CollXtion I vinyl sound mediocre at best, so I wonder if we were just unlucky or if all copies are of poor quality.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Let me know how the sound quality is. Both mine and a friend's CollXtion I vinyl sound mediocre at best, so I wonder if we were just unlucky or if all copies are of poor quality.

...tbh I'm not quite sure  :toofunny: LMAO

Like, I think Hello\Catch\Prime were all good, but Tumor somehow gave me a tease like it could be... Medium Quality ?  :creep:

The for Bitch it also sounded a bit awkward but again Good\Sanctuary\Never Enough felt really nice, Xpecially the last one 

Also may sound a bit random but I'd love to hear a "Stand Back" cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gSKeCvSCpw

It's pretty clear she had a mindset, songs and concepts ready but somehow threw all away to produce new music. This is also what our sis Melting Days shared of his talk with 24\7 and how she had "many uncompleted demos and just went by the mainstream songs".

hey that's me also they* sorry it's pedantic but y'know

also ngl if you read all the logs, it's clear 24/7 was Not Exactly Truthful.  he contradicted himself quite a few times and i guess didn't think i'd notice it.  so don't take it all as 100% fact.

regardless YEAH she clearly had a strong focus at the start, let it expand too much in the middle, and refocused it at the end in a completely different way.

at the end of the day, the record we got was solid but it deserved so much more.  still thankful we have what we do tho, better the unsolved era than everything end up in trading circles.

honestly this is so right.  i mean the cover is supposed to be about putting yourself back together, and at least that is told clearly enough, but it doesn't resonate with the whole thing.

THAT BEING SAID, admittedly i completely understand her not wanting to explain the lyrics.  i personally think a lot of the lyrics are a lot more personal than she wants to have to fully Say.  sometimes it's easier to put it through a lens of a fictional context and sing it than fully explain what you mean in its original space.

xplanations annoy me because they're often messily mixed and edited or the jump cuts are really weird.  i'm honestly fine with her intentionally not explaining the more personal lyrics but i wish she wouldn't squirm out of Every lyric.

honestly your point about her having the potential to be serious is so true, admittedly her lyrics can sometimes be a little basic, but she clearly knows how to make a song and i personally want to see her drop the veil of X and tell HER story.  not to say rename herself or anything but like, if any of you are st. vincent fans, on masseduction, specifically Happy Birthday, Johnny, she actually breaks the st. vincent "character" and refers to herself by her real name, and it ends up being an impactful moment because it's clear she dropped the veil there and got personal.

altho my example falters bc she intentionally declines questions about the song, but in a way i prefer it that way.

-

as for allie's substance rn?  i think she's intentionally keeping it vague and not-too-bizzare-and-heavy while she's building her audience still.  even tho clx2's promo has flopped, she is definitely a decent bit more known than she was in clx1 era.  and i think she knows what she's doing.  let me have faith fdhgjfdgfdhdfhgfh

Then 2017 started. February and... ah... her website.

The countdown. The Snippets.... someway the site bug and revealing the whole thing before the right time

AND THEN OUR SIS ANNOUNCES THAT THE ALBUM WOULD TAKE 5 MORE MONTHS TO COME. By the time the album came I think part of the "HYPE" following around her from the Unsolved songs or the CLXI release was already lost. But still.

okay first of all drag her all you want but like, i stand by the fact it was probably her label who forced the release that late.  she knew we were waiting and she absolutely put all the songs out (vinyls 2 months before release, listening party) in advance on purpose.  she didn't want to wait either.  she even liked one of my tweets about this as far as i know?

also her site had an unused banner indicating the reveal was originally a day earlier, think i remember posting about it here.  good times.

forgive me for now quoting you three times in one post but, honestly i think she cut alexandra due to the mediocre reception and the fact she couldn't get the production right.  considering the """final""" 24/7 has his hands on is literally just a stem edit of the unsolved demo, i take it she didn't get very far or didn't like what she came up with.  i'm legit going through the same thing rn with some songs on my record whew i feel u sis

she should finish it and release it tho, the live version remains ultra skinny stunning

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

Oh so there are multiple pressings for CLX I? Because my copy has Never Enough on it :xtina:

Good sis Allie knows what she's doing, imo she expressed her disappointment with not being famous on both "Too Much To Dream" and "The Hard Way"

I think she just did this era to be as basic as possible so it gets her more attention.

And it worked! And i can tell you that CLXIII will be 100% times better then CLXII considering how shes teasing ALEXANDRA and TMTD to be on it

:)

Good sis Allie knows what she's doing, imo she expressed her disappointment with not being famous on both "Too Much To Dream" and "The Hard Way"

I think she just did this era to be as basic as possible so it gets her more attention.

And it worked! And i can tell you that CLXIII will be 100% times better then CLXII considering how shes teasing ALEXANDRA and TMTD to be on it

Yes Allie I belieb in u