National Anthem

ALLIE X

So I just listened to CX2 in full.

Paper Love and Need You are nice songs that, with better promotion, could have been quite successful on the radio.

Old Habits Die Hard could have been the best track if she wouldn't have decided to completely butcher the production of the track. I really don't understand why she fid that. It's still nice but the single version was waaaaay better.

True Love Is Violent has some sort of appeal but it's also tacky af. Don't really know how to feel about Downtown - has the potential to either be a grower or a song you just forget about.

Vintage is super meh - not even bad but just boring and generic. That's So Us is still the most cringeworthy track she ever did and I can't believe she picked that terrible mess over other Unsolved songs like Misbelieving, All The Rage, Alexandra or Too Much To Dream.

Lifted is a suprise-fave, didn't expect much from it but it actually turns out to be a fun song with a good production and even the lyrics are fine.

Simon Says is a standout of the album, I love the edgy and slightly dark vibe it has.

Casanova still is the best track on the record, the club-ish feeling, the vocals, the production ... probably the best song she ever did.

I think Cx2 is definitly better than the first one. Her vocals are not annoying high-pitch-screams anymore, the productio is more interesting and feels a bit more diverse and the songs aren't as anticlimatic. It's still not much more than a fun pop album to listem to when you are in a good mood - nothing too deep or innovative - but I guess it's still a good album to have

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Just read the Reddit thing and it was quite funny\cute:

I think this is all the "tea" that's worthy

- That's So Us will be send for Canadian radios. She says it's almost impossible to get US Radio without a Major Label and that's kinda something she regret.

- Downtown is a fan favorite and she's aware of it

- She's aware of the leaks and it's kinda flattering "the demand for unreleased material" but it also hurts

- "Will you ever release tongue tied?" "maybe"

- She wasn't\isn't happy with the Sanctuary video 

- She wants to work on visuals (videos) but hard to get $upport

- Her collabs with PC music are probably never coming out but maybe other stuff will come

- She didn't know that a song she wrote\was translated for a korean (?) group\popstar was released

- She tried to lurk around about her name like 2 years ago but she freaked out lanaboards original allie x thread tease BUT she has many friends around and they keep her informed

I'm just wondering about TSU vs Need You I mean... Why did she release Need You to send the sadly wrecked version of TSU?? 

I'm so sad over the new vocal take on TSU rip it's like nothing compared to OHDH change but WHY THEN????

Anyway, wishing the best because she deserves the best.

Just read the Reddit thing and it was quite funny\cute:

I think this is all the "tea" that's worthy

- That's So Us will be send for Canadian radios. She says it's almost impossible to get US Radio without a Major Label and that's kinda something she regret.

- Downtown is a fan favorite and she's aware of it

- She's aware of the leaks and it's kinda flattering "the demand for unreleased material" but it also hurts

- "Will you ever release tongue tied?" "maybe"

- She wasn't\isn't happy with the Sanctuary video 

- She wants to work on visuals (videos) but hard to get $upport

- Her collabs with PC music are probably never coming out but maybe other stuff will come

- She didn't know that a song she wrote\was translated for a korean (?) group\popstar was released

- She tried to lurk around about her name like 2 years ago but she freaked out lanaboards original allie x thread tease BUT she has many friends around and they keep her informed

I'm just wondering about TSU vs Need You I mean... Why did she release Need You to send the sadly wrecked version of TSU?? 

I'm so sad over the new vocal take on TSU rip it's like nothing compared to OHDH change but WHY THEN????

Anyway, wishing the best because she deserves the best.

She also said that she'd like to release an Unsolved compilation in the future.  :creep:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

she never explainef the little note in the corner on the OHDH single cover that says "I'M"

THIS TBH BECAUSE IT'S HAUTING ME UGGGGGGGH

I Bet it was part of some original scrapped concept.

She said it would be revealed later... 1 1\2 years later and nothing

She also said that she'd like to release an Unsolved compilation in the future.  :creep:

Maybe after Collxtion V UNSOLVED she'll pick then 3 of 2323443335 songs and put up on spotify :creep: :rip n

Some thoughts on CXII:

- Vintage and Lifted are bops, but cringey bops. I would never let anyone catch me playing those lyrics out loud. Melody wise she kills it.

- Casanova, Simon Says, and Paper Love are cringe-free bops. I thought PL was too generic at first but in the context of the album it just stands out as like, the main "single." So I'm not mad at it.

- She really made OHDH and TSU way duller with their new vocal takes. Idk if she's trying to sound "commercial" or something but it was unnecessary. I liked the songs in their original form but this is just too bothersome to enjoy. Like an iTunes karaoke version or something.

- I'm not moved by Downtown, I feel like I've heard it before. So a bit like Paper Love I guess, but I like it less. I see what she's doing, coming with those familiar structures n shit.

- True Love is Violent, cute but not gonna be getting those replays. I only follow Alfie X for the synthpop bops.

- Need You is the only one I full on skipped. The chorus is too thin and then that duet ffbkjgfl

- Casanova > Simon Says > Lifted > Vintage > Paper Love > Downtown > That's So Us > True Love is Violent > OHDH > Need You

Some thoughts on CXII:

- Vintage and Lifted are bops, but cringey bops. I would never let anyone catch me playing those lyrics out loud. Melody wise she kills it.

- Casanova, Simon Says, and Paper Love are cringe-free bops. I thought PL was too generic at first but in the context of the album it just stands out as like, the main "single." So I'm not mad at it.

- She really made OHDH and TSU way duller with their new vocal takes. Idk if she's trying to sound "commercial" or something but it was unnecessary. I liked the songs in their original form but this is just too bothersome to enjoy. Like an iTunes karaoke version or something.

- I'm not moved by Downtown, I feel like I've heard it before. So a bit like Paper Love I guess, but I like it less. I see what she's doing, coming with those familiar structures n shit.

- True Love is Violent, cute but not gonna be getting those replays. I only follow Alfie X for the synthpop bops.

- Need You is the only one I full on skipped. The chorus is too thin and then that duet ffbkjgfl

- Casanova > Simon Says > Lifted > Vintage > Paper Love > Downtown > That's So Us > True Love is Violent > OHDH > Need You

I agree w/ your review almost entirely except I think Simon Says is kinda cringey (mostly talking about the opening lyric about having her fingers in a gun to her head)

Vintage lyrics are really cute except she literally says "marijuana" like Halsey did in New Americana :deadbanana: like girl no one actually calls it that oml

I agree w/ your review almost entirely except I think Simon Says is kinda cringey (mostly talking about the opening lyric about having her fingers in a gun to her head)

Vintage lyrics are really cute except she literally says "marijuana" like Halsey did in New Americana :deadbanana: like girl no one actually calls it that oml

Lol you're not wrong, I had Simon Says under the cringe list at first but I decided its more elite than the other two songs. Its more Gaga yikes than Halsey yikes, ya know?

Pffft let's not take ANY time to dissect "listening to everything from grunge to rock n roll"

Some thoughts on CXII:

OHDH doesnt have a new vocal take

OHDH doesnt have a new vocal take

Mmm the verses on the original sound faster/actually hard-hitting. It's like she's enunciating too much here, just listen to how "proud of it" is awkwardly stretched by like .2 seconds. Its enough to sound wrong okay lol. Maybe its not a new take though and just in the production/mixing

Mmm the verses on the original sound faster/actually hard-hitting. It's like she's enunciating too much here, just listen to how "proud of it" is awkwardly stretched by like .2 seconds. Its enough to sound wrong okay lol. Maybe its not a new take though and just in the production/mixing

i think its just new mixing, maybe like a reverb or some weird shit bc like it made me mad how they made her humming and vocalizing notes quiter and they slapped a fat cathedral reverb on it ):

i am seeing a LOT of kate bush influence on the visuals of cx2 omg... queens

breathing4.jpg

m47MI9d.jpg

8b931b38345a1782c3a7e9c64074dad3.jpgC5breKxWgAAWWbR.jpg

alsoooo this cx2 pic really reminds me of the allie x andra photoshoot

DCKajB1XgAI-3kL.jpg

LK.jpg

i used to be casady  :teehee: