National Anthem

ALLIE X

wait she did a demo of BITE?  LEAK THIS OMG  also not that i dont believe you but source? im interested in this

i'm just assuming there is one because she wrote the song and gave it to him  sorry

9ISvyf0.gif

If there are any Allie X demos of Troye Sivan songs, obviously I'd love to hear them, but is there any reason to assume that they actually exist? As far as I am aware, she didn't write anything for him, they wrote the songs together. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

From her Best Fit interview

"s the venue's drapes draw back to reveal her, she is a picture of exhausted Hollywood glamour; thick red lips and alabaster parlour set off against a too-fixed stare and movements sharp and unsettlingly. When the first bars of vintage gem “Bitch” "

I have never gotten vintage or Hollywood glamour vibes from Allie, ever. That's a Lana thing, and she's not trying to emulate Lana. I get hyperfuture, almost Black Mirror type abstract art vibes, very modern and sleek. I guess the lyrics of Bitch are alluding to a vintage scenario, though..

Onwards,

"I love the idea of Lana Del Rey – the affected, death-obsessed heroine crooning about addiction, depression and excess. It's just the execution always felt hollow to me, with the trite post-modernity and the Twin Peaks references. Like, you could see the industry strings underneath.

Allie X is everything we want from Lana, and some. "

Oh my god, shut up. I'm actually frustrated that Allie tweeted this, now. They're not even comparable. And to act like Lana is manufactured garbage and Allie is the antithesis.... I mean, I can't even see the comparison, but this person obviously knows nothing about Lana past the two songs on Born to Die that she sang on SNL.

If there are any Allie X demos of Troye Sivan songs, obviously I'd love to hear them, but is there any reason to assume that they actually exist? As far as I am aware, she didn't write anything for him, they wrote the songs together. 

Correct. Unless she's recorded them by herself for fun or whatever then they probably don't exist.

Hahahaha

Allie is a) not deep b) generic and bland c) not at all comparable to Lana. Her music is fun but she should stay at her level

I do think she's a good songwriter and does write some innovative music (not all... more than anything it's that she did something unique and just kept doing that until it wasn't unique anymore) but sometimes I get the impression that she thinks she far above the rest (and she isn't. She's paving her way, but she's not there). 

I know she feels old but she needs to stop calling herself mommy/mom yesterday

From her Best Fit interview

"s the venue's drapes draw back to reveal her, she is a picture of exhausted Hollywood glamour; thick red lips and alabaster parlour set off against a too-fixed stare and movements sharp and unsettlingly. When the first bars of vintage gem “Bitch” "

I have never gotten vintage or Hollywood glamour vibes from Allie, ever. That's a Lana thing, and she's not trying to emulate Lana. I get hyperfuture, almost Black Mirror type abstract art vibes, very modern and sleek. I guess the lyrics of Bitch are alluding to a vintage scenario, though..

Onwards,

"I love the idea of Lana Del Rey – the affected, death-obsessed heroine crooning about addiction, depression and excess. It's just the execution always felt hollow to me, with the trite post-modernity and the Twin Peaks references. Like, you could see the industry strings underneath.

Allie X is everything we want from Lana, and some. "

Oh my god, shut up. I'm actually frustrated that Allie tweeted this, now. They're not even comparable. And to act like Lana is manufactured garbage and Allie is the antithesis.... I mean, I can't even see the comparison, but this person obviously knows nothing about Lana past the two songs on Born to Die that she sang on SNL.

I don't think it's something we can blame her tbh like, it's not really an interview, but a Concert review.... I don't really think she takes all that stuff serious. I mean, she was compared to a thousand people already probably, from Lady Gaga to Lana Del Rey now... and it was a "review" from her concert, I think she probably felt "honoured" about the article. After all, there's small pieces like:

"But it's “Need You” – from her new album CollXtion II – that totally floors me. If you've ever had a hard time getting over someone, this song hurts to hear, even on the record. Live and up close though, you can feel Allie barely hold herself together. Each word feels fresh from the break-up. This marks the first time she's let the audience see her eyes, framed almost permanently by large black sunglasses."

I would be flattered as fuck

The person who wrote the article is probably someone stuck in 2012, yes, but it's just a typical view when people who only know of "Video Games" and "Born To Die" when it comes about Lana. 

The whole "Vintage Glamour" thing, I really feel it sometimes. It's just like it was described "Red Lips, sunglasses", the straight hair...I really get both visions of Allie. A big twist. From, just like u said, "Black Mirror Abstract Art" to "Vintage Glam". And I mean, Allie also speaks about this type of stuff in her songs... "VINTAGE" and "When\How" with "I love all of this vintage" and "I'm tired of trying to recreate your vintage girl"... I think it's somehow a inspiration, even if really subtle

The whole "Vintage Glamour" thing, I really feel it sometimes. It's just like it was described "Red Lips, sunglasses", the straight hair...I really get both visions of Allie. A big twist. From, just like u said, "Black Mirror Abstract Art" to "Vintage Glam". And I mean, Allie also speaks about this type of stuff in her songs... "VINTAGE" and "When\How" with "I love all of this vintage" and "I'm tired of trying to recreate your vintage girl"... I think it's somehow a inspiration, even if really subtle

tangential but she should re-release when/how like she did with tliv, i dont care what she does to it i just need it

and yeah personally i didnt feel that was intended to be taken 100% seriously / literally, i mean if anyone compared my work to gaga or lana i think id just lose all mental function but - who knows im not allie

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

can someone just fxcking leak alexandra """"""final""""" or give me a decent filtered acapella?  im dying to have a version with the instrumental / style of this

https://soundcloud.com/david-munster-the-edits/alexandra-live-at-the-troubador

if this was the album closer on cx2 i think i wouldve just left this plane of existence because i love this version so much

can someone just fxcking leak alexandra """"""final""""" or give me a decent filtered acapella?  im dying to have a version with the instrumental / style of this

https://soundcloud.com/david-munster-the-edits/alexandra-live-at-the-troubador

if this was the album closer on cx2 i think i wouldve just left this plane of existence because i love this version so much

I swear this live version from 2 fking years ago sounds more final than all the snippets we got & the guitar demo

And thinking right now, it really would work as the album closer... ugh

I swear this live version from 2 fking years ago sounds more final than all the snippets we got & the guitar demo

And thinking right now, it really would work as the album closer... ugh

for what its worth the snippets are literally a subtractive edit of the guitar demo we got, the final wasnt started in that regard (edit: as far as i know anyways) .  and I KNOW RIGHT like , i would legit love it as an album closer (like track 11 after tliv) with the lives production or a close style 

for what its worth the snippets are literally a subtractive edit of the guitar demo we got, the final wasnt started in that regard (edit: as far as i know anyways) .  and I KNOW RIGHT like , i would legit love it as an album closer (like track 11 after tliv) with the lives production or a close style 

I've pointed this here before after a few listens over all the leaked snippets, I remember cuz I tried to place all the snippets together with the acoustic guitar version and I was like "ok the guitar version sounds way more produced than all of the snippets" 

I have just no ideia of how it would sound in a final state tho. I think all the piano demos\voice memos and stuff, I just never expected them to end as they did. In a million years, I wouldn't think of Casanova as a dance\house inspired track or Misbelieving as...the way it is LOL

I've pointed this here before after a few listens over all the leaked snippets, I remember cuz I tried to place all the snippets together with the acoustic guitar version and I was like "ok the guitar version sounds way more produced than all of the snippets" 

I have just no ideia of how it would sound in a final state tho. I think all the piano demos\voice memos and stuff, I just never expected them to end as they did. In a million years, I wouldn't think of Casanova as a dance\house inspired track or Misbelieving as...the way it is LOL

24/7 flat out told me thats the case iirc - even uses the same vocal take crying

i mean you can get a general vibe of the way misbelieving was going based on the leaked "final", and honestly?  i kinda expect alexandra to have gone in that same way, like they were both released around the same time, and presumably were being worked on at the same time, so i'd honestly kinda bet on a similar style for both of them (hence why they were both scrapped)

but we wont know because lets be real allie wont do anything with either of them probably  :toofunny:  or purge for that matter.

i honestly wish purge had gotten somewhere, imagine if it took a casanova style makeover id be so ready for that

24/7 flat out told me thats the case iirc - even uses the same vocal take crying

i mean you can get a general vibe of the way misbelieving was going based on the leaked "final", and honestly?  i kinda expect alexandra to have gone in that same way, like they were both released around the same time, and presumably were being worked on at the same time, so i'd honestly kinda bet on a similar style for both of them (hence why they were both scrapped)

but we wont know because lets be real allie wont do anything with either of them probably  :toofunny:  or purge for that matter.

i honestly wish purge had gotten somewhere, imagine if it took a casanova style makeover id be so ready for that

I think another point about this is how it was teased that only one of them would make the cut, wasn't it? I'm almost sure she said something like this...

But anyway, at this moment, I'd just rather get new music tbh. Let all that stuff in the past waiting til it leaks instead of taking place of something new on a record

I think another point about this is how it was teased that only one of them would make the cut, wasn't it? I'm almost sure she said something like this...

But anyway, at this moment, I'd just rather get new music tbh. Let all that stuff in the past waiting til it leaks instead of taking place of something new on a record

yeah i remember that sorta thing - i think she did honestly intend on putting one on there but when cx2 took its more mainstream style she was just like , dropped the unsolved songs

true tho - i mean if she pulls a tliv and has a new song redone to fit a new record, id be here for it but yeah just leak the old stuff instead of rereleasing it

also because no one mentioned it - paper love is being served to canadian radio i think?

I'm not sure how the Paper Love thing is going, I think she mentioned that it was going to be served for the radios like... back before the Video was actually released?

She tweeted then about That's So Us... like...Just lost.

I think they probably woke up on the summer bop :rollin:

I hope it does well\gets her come recognization\outpeak catch 

I'm not sure how the Paper Love thing is going, I think she mentioned that it was going to be served for the radios like... back before the Video was actually released?

She tweeted then about That's So Us... like...Just lost.

I think they probably woke up on the summer bop :rollin:

I hope it does well\gets her come recognization\outpeak catch 

Where did Casanova go? I thought that'd be her big single... I don't hate Paper Love but the video is ? ? ?#$?3/ and Casanova is just 600x better.