Sign in to follow this  
Mileena

Alternative Song Titles

I've seen a few people do that but I assumed it was just "Elvis", not "Methamphetamines".

Hmm, there already is a song titled Elvis though, very different from Methamphetamines. You know, the "Elvis where are you when I need you most..."

OK so sorry a couple questions:

Do we have any proof Damn You is American Dream? Same for Trash Trash Magic being Miss America? Wasn't Put Me In a Movie the real title & Little Girls was an AKA title?

When did Lana mention Marilyn Monroe as Puppy Love on Facebook? Like was MM a working title & Puppy Love was the final title? 

Life is beautiful, but you don't have a clue

OK so sorry a couple questions:

Do we have any proof Damn You is American Dream? Same for Trash Trash Magic being Miss America? Wasn't Put Me In a Movie the real title & Little Girls was an AKA title?

When did Lana mention Marilyn Monroe as Puppy Love on Facebook? Like was MM a working title & Puppy Love was the final title? 

1. The old moderator of LDR.fm (bless her heart) said that 'American Dream' and 'Damn You' were the same, I think...if not, someone else who would know confirmed it along the way. 

2. I am pretty sure the original uploader of T/MA gave us those tiles for it, and he got it straight from Lana. 

3. Pretty sure it's the opposite - I think PMIAM is the album title, and the video is called the other one. Something like that. 

4. They're registered as either alternate titles or as the same song...not sure where, though. :(

It's registered as Marilyn Monroe, with a registered alternate title of Puppy Love. So other way round.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

1. The old moderator of LDR.fm (bless her heart) said that 'American Dream' and 'Damn You' were the same, I think...if not, someone else who would know confirmed it along the way. 

2. I am pretty sure the original uploader of T/MA gave us those tiles for it, and he got it straight from Lana. 

3. Pretty sure it's the opposite - I think PMIAM is the album title, and the video is called the other one. Something like that. 

4. They're registered as either alternate titles or as the same song...not sure where, though. :(

here you are gushing about calendargirl again  :teehee: so it is Trash / Trash Magic & not Miss America? Thanks for the help boo  :hooker:

It's registered as Marilyn Monroe, with a registered alternate title of Puppy Love. So other way round.

You're right I forgot about that. I don't know why I didn't check before I asked but thanks to you too  :hooker:

Life is beautiful, but you don't have a clue

I am so confused now by this thread. What exactly is the deal with Party Girl and St Tropez? 

What is the evidence for and against? 

If you google it, everyone (the majority of the fanbase) link those songs. Why is that? - did one person say it once and now everyone believes it?

Also, I thought Trash=Miss America and Trash Magic or Trash Sugar Magic was the Demo.

High up in the Hollywood hills, Taking violet pills

I am so confused now by this thread. What exactly is the deal with Party Girl and St Tropez? 

What is the evidence for and against? 

If you google it, everyone (the majority of the fanbase) link those songs. Why is that? - did one person say it once and now everyone believes it?

Also, I thought Trash=Miss America and Trash Magic or Trash Sugar Magic was the Demo.

I don't think Trash Sugar Magic is a real title.

I don't think Trash Sugar Magic is a real title.

hmmm, that's how it was named on the lanailibrary tumblr i got it from. 

Below is a quote from the lana wikia about Trash [magic/Miss America]

The first appearance of the song known was on January 18, 2008 on herMySpace account, under the title Miss America. A video of Lana singing the song live during her CMJ concert was uploaded during late 2008 under the title Trash. Later, during 2008 and 2009, several gig reviews referred to the song as Trash Magic. In 2011, Lana posted a comment on a Youtube video of the song regarding the title and it's background.

"God. I forgot that. I don't know if i changed the name- i think i called it Trash Magic in my notebook, but also miss america. I was staying at the sunset motel in new jersey off and on every other couple of weeks. I decorated it with tinsel from the duane reade up the street and wrote this song.. It still makes me happy.

and it lists the song beginning "boy you want to come to my motel honey?" as the final version, and "All that's real to me is Marilyn and Jesus..." as the demo version.

Also, as a note, the Roy Kerr(a producer who works with Lana) wikia page redirects to Kid Gloves (a team consisting of Roy Kerr and Anu Pillai) and list them as working on St Tropez with Lana, but states that it was registered as Party Girl. Not sure if this is confirmed or just assumed though.

High up in the Hollywood hills, Taking violet pills

Hey,

Is there any songs by Lana that have multiple titles?

If so, what are they? What do you know it by, and which do you prefer?

For example:

'Put Me In A Movie'

Some people know it as 'Little Girls'

However I prefer 'Put Me In A Movie' and know it as that.

- Thanks, Blue Velvet Crowbar

giphy.gif

there are a lot of songs that were traded around under different names, like for instance Breaking My Heart was traded around as Valentina Stars.

some songs DO have official alternate titles, like Are You Ready? also has two alt titles, Ooh Baby and Pants For You

9ISvyf0.gif

If you wondering which title to use, I go by whatever it’s listed as on Lanapedia

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

But aren't the titles just made up by fans as they r leaks?

I don’t think so. We have original files of some, and I know that at least Eclipse wouldn’t make up titles (I know this beacuse he provides us with a lot of info that turns out to be true)

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I don’t think so. We have original files of some, and I know that at least Eclipse wouldn’t make up titles (I know this beacuse he provides us with a lot of info that turns out to be true)

Ahhh, I seeeeeee.

Thanks queenie xxxxx

:kiss3: 

giphy.gif