Jazzmin

Nicole Dollanganger

Also does anybody know if Nicole is still signed onto that record label Grimes made? I think it was called like Eerie Organization?

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

That title track WHEW. She really went off on that one. I really like the album. As far as ambiance and soundscape it’s exactly what I was hoping she was gonna deliver. gorgeous album and I can’t wait to listen more. 

faves: MIMA, gold satin dreamer, my darling true, dogwood 

Edited because I was in fact wrong, the snippet I loved was in fact sometime after midnight. 

1 hour ago, maysparkle said:

Also does anybody know if Nicole is still signed onto that record label Grimes made? I think it was called like Eerie Organization?

from my understanding it was never a label, moreso a vanity label. which is just glorified self-releasing

1 hour ago, maysparkle said:

i dont think so bc natural born losers is attributed to eerie (as publisher) on its page on tidal, while new album attributed solely to nicole.

aOaIzH2.gif

finally finished the lyrics for spotify lool i was waiting until i saw the official lyrics on her bandcamp but i had to tweak them cause they are still a little off. i had to resync runnin' free since the album version is actually a few seconds longer than the single but i didnt mind. they should be up before the weekend is over :cuteface:

Anyone notice how the last track fades perfectly into the first track, like it's just a neverending cycle of her madness. A concept :wowcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

4 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Anyone notice how the last track fades perfectly into the first track, like it's just a neverending cycle of her madness. A concept :wowcry:

on first listen i was wondering why the last track sounded so familiar, then i listened again with the album on repeat and after the transition from IWFYTC to MIMA i realized :burn:

what are everyone’s favorite songs so far? i think mine are

• Runnin’ Free

• Bad Man

• My Darling True

• Summit Song

Whispering Glades was a weird choice for a single, especially 2 years before the album… i feel like i would’ve enjoyed its context in the album a lot more if i heard it for the first time with everything else

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

• Runnin’ Free

• Bad Man

• My Darling True

• Summit Song

Whispering Glades was a weird choice for a single, especially 2 years before the album… i feel like i would’ve enjoyed its context in the album a lot more if i heard it for the first time with everything else

title track, moonlite, nymphs searching for the head of orpheus, gold satin dreamer, and whispering glades (still as in love with it as when it first dropped, the song that got me into her after being ambivalent for awhile!)

aOaIzH2.gif

@Blythenicole since u were active two months ago and hopefully become active again soon, will u still release black flies soon.. i love this album sooo much and im gonna be fed for a while but just wondering

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

2 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

• Runnin’ Free

• Bad Man

• My Darling True

• Summit Song

Married in Mount Airy, Gold Satin Dreamer, Dogwood, My Darling True, Sometime After Midnight

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

i’m definitely reaching but the album tells a really interesting story of a housewife killing her shitty husband in the order of

1. Married in Mt Airy

2. Dogwood

3. Runnin Free

4. My Darling True

5. Moonlite

6. Gold Satin Dreamer

7. Sometime After Midnight

8. Nymphs Finding the Head of Orpheus

9. Bad Man

10. Whispering Glades

11. I’ll Wait for You to Call

i was reading all the lyrics and realized all of the songs tell a perfect story out of order

thought it was interesting, wonder if it was intentional at all or if the music video(s) will touch on it

18 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

i’m definitely reaching but the album tells a really interesting story of a housewife killing her shitty husband in the order of

1. Married in Mt Airy

2. Dogwood

3. Runnin Free

4. My Darling True

5. Moonlite

6. Gold Satin Dreamer

7. Sometime After Midnight

8. Nymphs Finding the Head of Orpheus

9. Bad Man

10. Whispering Glades

11. I’ll Wait for You to Call

i was reading all the lyrics and realized all of the songs tell a perfect story out of order

thought it was interesting, wonder if it was intentional at all or if the music video(s) will touch on it

OMGGG I HOPE this makes so much sense

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

My mom, who wasn’t entirely sold on Nicole’s music before, has listened to her new album and is really loving it, so I feel good about that. I’m glad so far everything I’ve read regarding reviews and opinions on this new record seem positive. Nicole did good!!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

I LOVE this new direction she’s taking - still dark (obviously) but not SO dark that the lyrics will stick with you for days like her earlier work

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You