Jazzmin

Nicole Dollanganger

I just hate how you can't be remotely interesting in your lyrics or art anymore without being labelled "problematic" or some shit. It seems that this modern day cancel culture powered by kiddies on tik tok and twitter is going to be the death of artistic expression. It's too black and white. And about the CP thing, that was debunked anyway, but she's made a career out of taking inspiration from a book about incest but that doesn't mean she supports incest. The reposts of blood and gore stuff isn't that weird either. I think when you're an artist you find meaning and symbolism in lot's of different things, no matter how uncomfortable or grotesque it is. Dind't she say that most of the dark topics and imagery were just a reflection of her depression? It's not a reflection of her.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

took a long walk in the rain listening to the record and early favs are title track, the singles, moonlite, and nymphs finding the head of orpheus. looking fwd to spending more time with it, winter feels like a perf time of year to really sit w this record, esp bc its so grey and rainy here atm. hope she drops come cute merch w the official release tomorrow (even tho i am still waiting on an order from her merch store i placed a month ago :toofloppy:)

aOaIzH2.gif

24 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

this same boring ass discussion when she just released album of a millennium LOLL

exactly. i feel like we've had this convo multiple times since i joined lb always coming to the same conclusion meanwhile she just dropped the 5 star dreamy winter album of my dreams that we've been waiting for for years :pout:

This album is so good. I didn't like the reworked verson of Runnin Free at first but it sounds really nice in context with the record. It's so pretty, i'm on my second listen now

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Listening now.. only on track 3 but it’s so gorgeous…

4 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

This album is so good. I didn't like the reworked verson of Runnin Free at first but it sounds really nice in context with the record. It's so pretty, i'm on my second listen now

Is the album version different than the single she released not too long ago?

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

27 minutes ago, bff said:

i am absolutely floored… nicole is so incredibly talented. this album is a masterpiece so far!!!

Agreed… I love how cohesive it is. My only complaint is some of the songs are too short. Maybe I’m just used to longer songs these days in general but honestly the album was so pretty I just wanted to hear more and was like “noooo it’s over already?” Time to just replay the whole thing. ♥️

d4yQCBo.jpg
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

1 hour ago, maysparkle said:

Agreed… I love how cohesive it is. My only complaint is some of the songs are too short. Maybe I’m just used to longer songs these days in general but honestly the album was so pretty I just wanted to hear more and was like “noooo it’s over already?” Time to just replay the whole thing. ♥️

i had this same thought looking at summit song/i'll wait for you to call's lengths before i realized that mima is still actually her longest album😭 so i think we got off good

1 hour ago, maysparkle said:

Is the album version different than the single she released not too long ago?

they r talking about the heart shaped bed demo version on her bandcamp

12 minutes ago, dollanganger said:

i had this same thought looking at summit song/i'll wait for you to call's lengths before i realized that mima is still actually her longest album😭 so i think we got off good

they r talking about the heart shaped bed demo version on her bandcamp

Aww ok thank you! I just listened to the demo now and I honestly like it better with the higher pitched chorus than what ended up on the album. Both versions are nice though 

d4yQCBo.jpg