RileyThomas

Velvet Crowbar

The lyrics aren’t at all similar, but Never Let Me Go has similar production, and I do think Get Drunk is similarish as well, as are maybe Disco, Let My Hair Down, 1949, Pin Up Galore... They’re a bit more folky but still kind of similar

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I want to make this same thread but with American. Anyone know any songs that sound like american? I never heard any. It doesn't have to be by Lana.

I’m sure you’ve already heard Starry Eyed

I want to make this same thread but with American. Anyone know any songs that sound like american? 

Personally, I would swap out American for Black Beauty in the Untouchable 5, because it and Hollywood, Starry Eyed, Angels Forever and JFK form a quintet of mid-tempo songs with a similar vibe of "it's summer in the States and I'm pretty happy because I'm in love and/or on drugs"   :P :wave:

(That said, I associate JFK with National Anthem and Angels Forever with Drive (because of their videos), so that's kind of a weird combo in my head like "She's Jackie O.! Now she's in a biker gang! It somehow works because Lana!" )

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Personally, I would swap out American for Black Beauty in the Untouchable 5, because it and Hollywood, Starry Eyed, Angels Forever and JFK form a quintet of mid-tempo songs with a similar vibe of "it's summer in the States and I'm pretty happy because I'm in love and/or on drugs"   :P  :wave:

(That said, I associate JFK with National Anthem and Angels Forever with Drive (because of their videos), so that's kind of a weird combo in my head like "She's Jackie O.! Now she's in a biker gang! It somehow works because Lana!" )

all m least favorite lana songs in one place! literally out of hundreds of songs, you listed the 5 i can't stand

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Personally, I would swap out American for Black Beauty in the Untouchable 5, because it and Hollywood, Starry Eyed, Angels Forever and JFK form a quintet of mid-tempo songs with a similar vibe of "it's summer in the States and I'm pretty happy because I'm in love and/or on drugs"   :P  :wave:

You are right in the sense that the untouchable 5 in general fit the aesthetic of the paradise era songs, you can tell they were made in the same timeframe. Lana really was in an amazing place creatively at that time, all of those songs are perfect with catchy choruses relatable lyrics and beautiul bridges.

I want to make this same thread but with American. Anyone know any songs that sound like american? I never heard any. It doesn't have to be by Lana.

Yeah, American has a unique sound honestly.

Though the intro sounds similar to the intro of White Flag by Dido, which Rick also produced

Not similar in the topic they talk about but I feel that "True Love On the Side" has a similar pop rock vibe, although more light-hearted and playful

A really underrated track tbh, it's so fun!

https://dbree.org/v/5d59c4

Also as many users stated I also think "Tired Of Singing the Blues" is pretty similar

https://dbree.org/v/1e5cec

Thank you so much for that song "Tired of Singing the blues" - Its just soooo nice!

Lana sings her heart out. Great song.

I believe I will re-master the sound on this unreleased demo track next.

-

I know it has been years, but this song still remains my absolute favorite ever. It’s so perfect, beautiful, and vulnerable. When I listen to it I’m transcended to some imaginary, dark, yet wonderful fantasy world. So gorgeous and dark.

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐