Sitar

Promo Single: "SHADES OF COOL" (May 26)

Hm. Idk, I think I need some time to really get into this one. It's a good enough song imo, but I'm not freaking the hell out over it. The guitar solo is a little distracting imo and some of the lyrics are kind of poor. And it's way to long. But idk, maybe I'll change my mind after hearing it on repeat for a while. I like the "But you-u... are invincible..." For me, West Coast is a 5 out of 5. Shades Of Cool is a 3 atm.

It's such a strange song. Beautiful...but unexpected. I thought West Coast would prepare me for her new sound, but that again is a total new sound.

It really as an otherworldy beauty in it. Like really, it's like Lana has transcended to a different sphere.  I will miss Beauty Queen Lana, but she grew just more mature. That is safe now I guess, considering West Coast and Shades of Cool.  Generally I love it.

Even though I dont like the guitar solo at all . ^^

Nice. At least for me, the seeming James Bond theme (scales or chords, I can't figure which) in the electric guitar at the beginning, threw me a little. As WC has a seeming Beatles reference, perhaps it is the case most songs on UV (except Black Beauty?) will have some kind of temporal-cultural sample relevant to LDR's pet nostalgia period. At any rate, the song quickly developed into something else. The chorus reminded me of May Jailer a bit, but backed by some (sonic monster) production. I like the vocal ambition, which I'd describe more as upper-register Adele than Lorde. 

i like the song but her higher register sounds so messed up, idk is she making it sound like that on purpose or not, it sounded good that way on Bel Air but it sounds way to breathy on SOC

I maybe sounds silly but when i listen it for fisrt time i start to cry  :ohno: i couldn't belive how beautiful was that song that i was listen it in that moment. It really touch a sensible part or you, Lana did it again  :)

znvmth.jpg