C0neyIslandKing

Lana Del Rey performs "Ultraviolence" (Song) in Vancouver

You have to remember we do not know the degree of fiction in her songwriting. Yes, it's largely inspired by her personal life but that does not mean she can't make stuff up. 

This is exactly what I'm saying too.Like everyone is freakin out about her saying Jim. Lana is a writer, stories will come out in songs. Especially seeing as what era she draws her inspiration from are big storytellers too. Jim might be a figure of Lana's imagination for all we know.

I still haven't heard this live version of Ultraviolence, but I couldn't resist that teaser... :defeated:  I had to watch it, and I'm already in love with Ultraviolence song...

SLAYED :legend:  

Should I listen to whole song or wait for studio version?  :excited:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

The fact that her unreleased material leaked doesn't mean she can't reuse lyrics/melodies/whatsoever or rerecord it. I know Ultraviolence features lyrics from older songs, but we shouldn't complain since we weren't meant to hear them in the first place...

btw, I love the Video Games reference:

Heaven is on earth
I would do anything for you, babe

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Someone said Ultraviolence and other songs we've heard from Ultraviolence sounds just like any of her stuff, and I'm just really confused by how that makes sense-- to me, West Coast and Shades of Cool were exceptionally different sonically and structurally, Lana's Born To Die had so much pop vibes and what we're getting is this beautiful alternative future jazz psychedelic rock sound.

So I'm just like ? ? ? at people who says it sounds just like Born To Die.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Someone said Ultraviolence and other songs we've heard from Ultraviolence sounds just like any of her stuff, and I'm just really confused by how that makes sense-- to me, West Coast and Shades of Cool were exceptionally different sonically and structurally, Lana's Born To Die had so much pop vibes and what we're getting is this beautiful alternative future jazz psychedelic rock sound.

None of those songs sound like jazz to me, especially Ultraviolence which has a very basic chord progression/vocals. West Coast is like a mix of Rock/Surf (Paradise/Aka). They're only produced differently but it's very similar to her old music.

None of those songs sound like jazz to me, especially Ultraviolence which has a very basic chord progression/vocals. West Coast is like a mix of Rock/Surf (Paradise/Aka). They're only produced differently but it's very similar to her old music.

If SoC doesn't sound like jazz then I don't know what does...

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Someone said Ultraviolence and other songs we've heard from Ultraviolence sounds just like any of her stuff, and I'm just really confused by how that makes sense-- to me, West Coast and Shades of Cool were exceptionally different sonically and structurally, Lana's Born To Die had so much pop vibes and what we're getting is this beautiful alternative future jazz psychedelic rock sound.

The songs we've heard so far sound nothing like Born To Die. If you over-analyse then you can see the similarities between Ultraviolence and Million Dollar Man but other than that they're different.

And am I seeing there's a snippet released of the studio version?? :shock: :crying: :shock: :crying:

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I think Lana's live performance might be better than the studio version unless my headphones are messing with the sound.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I think UV still has BtD sounds, not that it's something bad. SoC and WC sound different to BtD, which i really like, caus even tough I loved the era, it's getting boring if a singer does the same thing over and over again. Still, she#s Lana Del Rey she has her style, which is perfectly fine.

But I also wouldnt consider any of these tracks as "jazz". Lana-Del-Rey-Jazz, yeah, but not what I would classify as "classic jazz music".

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

UV is more than being ultraviolent.

At the beginning, Lana introduces us to her dark past. She was filled with poison like drugs and alcohol.

Nevertheless, Jim liked her ("blessed with beauty"). Him hitting her might be a metaphor of him bringing her back to life ("Jim brought me back"). "And it felt like a kiss" shows she was not used to reality since she had been loathing it with drugs.

Lana experiences a collision of reality and fiction and this feels like extreme violence to her ("I can hear sirens"; "This is Ultraviolence").

"Jim raised me up" refers to him showing her her beauty and the beauty of the world.

Jim's effort of distractig her from drugs failed. She wants to go back, back to drugs when everything was simple. "Crying tears of gold, like Adam and Eve" displays her prediction. She is aware of her going back to her habits.

The last part fulfils her prophecy: Lana says good-bye with heartbreaking words.

Can I just say, I'm so glad I found Lanaboards  :D Y'all keep me up to date on every single thing Lana does  :flutter: And of course, what happens when I don't check the forums (and Tumblr) for more than a day, Lana performs a new song and I have no idea ^^

Bm2AvMo.gif

Regarding this "Lana cheats on Barrie/Barrie cheats on Lana" discussion: open relationships DO work. You can be emotionally faithful to someone and still have sex flings with other people.

Date me Lana, I am not jealous at all.

:tongue:

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

I think I understand what she meant by unlistenable. Listening to West Coast, Shades of Cool, and then Ultraviolence drained me emotionally, to be honest. Can't imagine how I'll feel after listening to it all the way through. This shit is dark.