lanasgirl

Lana Del Rey gets interviewed by a fan at The Shrine in Los Angeles, May 30

Oh the pitfalls of being a celebrity.

Lana has a lot of patience. This was cringe-worthy but she handled it well.

Hail our humble queen  :icant:

Bless Lana for handling that situation with such grace. I completely understand wanting to tell someone how much they have helped you with your personal struggles, but on camera and in front of a group of fans hyped up for a show is not the place to drop a bomb like that. Yes, Lana's music and story has helped me (I'm getting sober and it does help hearing what she went through and seeing where she ended up) but at the end of the day, I didn't decide to base my personal choices off of lana. I did it for me, just as I assume this guy did, if in fact he was thinking of suicide. I have a lot of respect for lana with how she handled that entire situation. It was awkward and she acted like it was the most normal thing in the world and went on to make this guy's night. You can see her social worker training has stuck with her for all these years.

She's such a good person! I heard she once worked as a social worker. Guess if she wouldn't have made it to the singer we all love, she'd be a wonderful streetworker too!

You can see her social worker training has stuck with her for all these years. 

I'm sorry, but we have to stop with this "social worker" thing. It's a profession which requires years and years of schooling, in Canada, a 4-year degree. Point is, you have to reach certain qualifications and have certain certificates, and you undergo intense practicums and counsellor training.  

Lana is NOT a social worker. She did volunteer work, but is in no way a social worker. 

If you trip and fall and have a gash on your knee and your mom puts on a bandaid on, does that make her a doctor? NO. Your friend comes to you to confide and work out their problems. Does that make you a psychologist? NO. 

It's really not any different. Doctors work incredibly hard to meet their qualifications, as do social workers. It's disrespectful to their achievements and work when you undermine their profession by slapping a label onto anyone that does anything that vaguely resembles their career. Christ.

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I'm sorry, but we have to stop with this "social worker" thing. It's a profession which requires years and years of schooling, in Canada, a 4-year degree. Point is, you have to reach certain qualifications and have certain certificates, and you undergo intense practicums and counsellor training.

Lana is NOT a social worker. She did volunteer work, but is in no way a social worker.

If you trip and fall and have a gash on your knee and your mom puts on a bandaid on, does that make her a doctor? NO. Your friend comes to you to confide and work out their problems. Does that make you a psychologist? NO.

It's really not any different. Doctors work incredibly hard to meet their qualifications, as do social workers. It's disrespectful to their achievements and work when you undermine their profession by slapping a label onto anyone that does anything that vaguely resembles their career. Christ.

You're right, she's not in the same category as a trained social worker. My apologies

Well, that's why i said "would be" ^^

And don't call me disrespectful, I've got lots of social workers in my family, I know what the job is about and that it's not all fun and games.

I just wanted to say that she's a good person and would have been qualified for this job tzoo if she wouldn't have become a singer.

"Don't put labels on people" as you said so nicely.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Well, that's why i said "would be" ^^

And don't call me disrespectful, I've got lots of social workers in my family, I know what the job is about and that it's not all fun and games.

I just wanted to say that she's a good person and would have been qualified for this job tzoo if she wouldn't have become a singer.

"Don't put labels on people" as you said so nicely.

Not going to argue semantics with you, but okay. You definitely implied she was formerly a social worker.  :facepalm:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I feel like thats the kind of thing you would write in a letter and say ykno? like there's a difference between 'you inspire me' and 'i used to pray to your music every night' idk bless him for having the courage to say it but it reminds me of those awkward moments when you're talking to your friend about something and then suddenly they're like 'oh i cut myself yesterday' and it has no relevance to anything you were talking about and you're left feeling awkward because you don't know what to say

Oh well she handled it well tbh

nhemaxW.gif

I'm bit surprised to see so many negative comments about this "interview". I genuinely think he was being honest and all he wanted is to tell her about the impact of her music in his life. I know a lot people here are fans of other 100 artist and foruns but for some people music  REALLY can change their lifes. He met the person that changed his life, I don't judge he wanted to share with her how important she is to him. It's natural if you think how much time we spent of our lives in the company of music.