Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: Shades of Cool

This video is absolutely beautiful. I love the way they displayed the whole shades of cool/warm contrast in the video. The pool and suburban scenes are A+. That daddy needs to leave tho. He ruins everything for me tbh. Why can't Lana shoot with hot guys? I mean come on...

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of SOC but this video made me like it a little more, I think. It's a good song after all and I'm really excited to see what she's gonna come up with for the other songs. I'm praying she does a video for every song!

:toofunny:

Boulvard and swimming pool scene is just heavenly. I'm really impressed- this for me is better than ride vid tbh. It's just so down to earth and low key. It feels like this vid came stright from the seventies.The effects i think are not over the top nor uncessary. I like them tbh and idk why. And lanas wild child dance is just so cute.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Not that we should be comparing really cause every video is heaven <3 but i probably prefer the West Coast video, too...the filming and effects are beautiful in Shades of Cool, but the West Coast video just matches the lyrics, BPM of the melody, everything- so well...
Shades of Cool reminds me of Video Games a lot though.

I do think her choice of model was perfect though, not the standard one like this >  :tyvm: adds more depth and real meaning to the video in my eyes :)

It reminds me of Kylie's On a night like this video. Both have a sexy pool scene and in both they are trying to get the attention of their sugar daddies.

so. fucking. beautiful. 

poor Daddy tbh, instead of looking quite ignorant like he did in the WC video, he is actually so vulnerable in the new one. and his eyes  :crying5:  they are so gorgeous ! I'm pretty sure he was hot as fuck when he was younger.

I think it's amazing how he is shown in a blue surrounding, while Lana almost looks like a glowing ghost who haunts his mind the entire day but still fails to warm his soul with her love.

the effects in the first chorus are so adorable, they completely portray the feelings I get when she starts singing "but yoooou're..." 

the best thing about her walking down the pavement are her eyes ("Cold heart and hands and aptitude"). it seems like she is absolutely thinking about her Daddy and about ways to impress him with her Lolita lost in the hood expression.

oh and don't you think that they're in the real Mermaid Motel ? Daddy is able to observe his little mermaid striking poses for him from the inside of his room  :icant:

Lana's dancing is so bad and awkward but actually the most adorable thing ever ! she looks so happy and free !

even though she seems to play a real cutie who doesn't know how to attract her Daddy in this video, this image of her changes in the next scenes. her face and her moves in the second swimming pool shot and the way her perfect red lips kiss the strawberry  :cumming:  :cumming:  :cumming:  :cumming:  :cumming:  :cumming:  :cumming:

In my opinon that's the point where Daddy just can't resist her anymore (look at his eyes again, they actually reveal his emotions !)

ok and now this is a little bit awkward but I absolutely thought she was getting on her knees to take off his pants in the last seconds  :toofunny:  :creep:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

The chorus with what looked like cheesy 70s red/green 3D effects and the super-imposed roses/doves/whatever happening just perfectly capture the feeling of listening to the chorus. It's like you feel euphoria blooming and you are weightless. I like it.

I'm also happy she doesn't use hot young guys in her music videos or doesn't focus it all on herself. Lana's pretty, but she has more to say with her videos than "look I'm pretty." It's a welcome break from music videos that are all hot guys and focus entirely on the singer (not that those are bad, but they're pretty common). I'm not even a fan of this "daddy" but I prefer him to having Bradley. imo, he fits the mood of the song better (even though I thought it was about Barry with his periods of darkness and stuff).

I expected something really simple and boring, but what I got was the opposite of this.

Do we know who directed it? The editing and art direction is simply beautiful--- I got chills from the shots of her swirling around with flowers blooming around her.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png