Sitar

Lana Del Rey Defends Herself Against 'The Guardian' Controversy

I'm  :lmao:  at this drama. Anyway, I'm happy she said something in her own "defense" . I think the journalist wouldn't lie. Manipulate the truth? Yes. Lie? No. I's The Guardian, a credible newspaper not the DM or some cheap punch gossip site. Lana probably said those words just not in the order or in that way which changes the meaning obviously of what she said but yet she said it. 

I wonder if one of them will pull a M.I.A and just release the interview. Imagine? 

N9SW1xn.gif

I think doesn't matter much if she said it or not since is her thing. But I hope she was just trolling the media which I believe is very possible, because a suicidal pop star is so 90'and out of fashion

glgcDdT.gif

This troll needs to stfu

2yuhhlt.jpg

This person god!! Mess... It is such a troll.

It was the one who urged Derek of the 405 to give Lana a negative review.

It also linked critics to this board.

People are so hateful towards Lana... that makes me sad, sad girl cause I love her so much and I just can't understand why... We lana fans are 2 good for this cruel world

Don't ask me why I felt the need to post this, I just... nevermind  :bye2:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I think she simply has different views on death than the majority of people in this world and saying it quite openly like she did in the interview leads to these kinds of ''sensations''. I just think it says a lot about the world we live in and in what kind of culture do we find ourselves. This definitely was blown out of proportion and twisted, I do believe in that.

I honestly don't get it, I don't understand what has she done to deserve all the bullshit she gets, because really, it seems like she does get more than other people do. How about just let her be/create music/sing? So simple, yet it seems that our media-driven culture is incapable of just appreciating things for what they are. There always has to be some-kind of ranking/competition system that puts people/artists against each other. And more than anyone else, I don't understand critics. Like, what kind of job exactly is that? It's like all they do is sit all day make fun of/criticize others for what they do, because, well, at least they DO something in their lives. The rant's over, thank you :smokes3:

I stated this before that I think she's just okay with death because she's done it all (had her cake now) and is ready to enter paradise since there's nothing she's longing for any more in earthly life and that's how she said it first.. then the interviewer caught that and saw the opportunity right away (making this the headline), pressing her with questions about death etc she realized what he was doing, got pissed because she could already foresee the dramatic article.
"I don't want to keep doing this"
"What? Make music?"
"Everything .."
Um yeah sure music, she prob was implying doing interviews and dealing with those devilish journalists, but if she had said that, God knows what this guy would have made the headline then.

She was talking about how much everyone admired and respected those artists from the 27 club and then said she wished she was dead with a giggle. He went for sensationalism and made it look like she was suicidal. 

She was talking about how much everyone admired and respected those artists from the 27 club and then said she wished she was dead with a giggle. He went for sensationalism and made it look like she was suicidal. 

She should reach him personally. Her tweets were mistakes yesterday. With twitter trolls they totally turn it against her and make her embarrassed. 

The thing that worries me is that it was so blown out of proportion that it could even drive her to stop her carer. I mean how much over exaggeration and back lash from the media can one girl take. She just said that it was their personalties and their music, not the fact they died young for god sake. He knew what he was doing and wanted that sort of answer probably. Also, she's obviously sick of giving interviews for them then to be twisted and I could see that be the reason as to why she actually said I wish I was dead so I don't have to do this. People forget that Lana is still shy person (obviously not as much as at the start) and  may have even been a bit worried as she said it - that's could explain the nervous laugh and the sort of vagueness of it all. Plus we don't even know what else had been said before hand and the way he was going on about death and really trying to get her to say that she idolise death so she could have being sarcastic. I'm actually so annoyed because the guardian is meant to be a reputable newspaper in this country but that journalist went too far. 

tumblr_static_9xc9qi0g4k8cgoo8wsksk4o4w.

Obviously not suicidal and a very misleading headline that was used solely for the fact that it's attention grabbing. I get that journalism is supposed to be able to attract readers, but misleading them into believing Lana's top priority is dying is nonsense. However, Lana was misguided with her tweets, especially mixing up the names.

He's an ass, but so is she.

Hummm while she said it and it wasn't in the context of the "glamorous icons' deaths", it seemed like kind of a metaphor for her exhaustion about her pop star status, like "I'm so tired I wish I was dead". They're talking about it just after so to me it seems logical. There's kind of a vagueness and nervousness in the way she says that sentence that is really confusing and worrying. But even with that he was clearly looking for an answer like this, he asked at least three times "and does that "die young" thing seem glamorous to you, about you"