PinUpCartoonBaby

LDR Interview: "I feel attracted to difficult men"

New interview: http://www.welt.de/kultur/pop/article129582236/Ich-fuehle-mich-von-schwierigen-Maennern-angezogen.html

It's german again but honestly I don't feel like translating this one as well...at least not today. Maybe someone else wants to do it this time? :brows:
Otherwise I'll probably translate it tomorrow.

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

I've translated it via Google and corrected it:

"I feel attracted to difficult men"

By Jennifer Wilton

Why did she cry during a concert? Who is the Guru, which she followed earlier in her life? Are tattooed bikers good men to start a family? A candid interview with the singer Lana Del Rey.

Lana Del Rey has often been called the following things: a figure of art, a YouTube phenomenon and a product of music managers. Three years ago, her song 'Video Games' and its video appeared and since then, there was hardly an element of her past which has not been commented on. From the beginning, Lana Del Rey was indeed a work of art, but not only in her carefully staged videos. Her enthusiasm was so great and soon were the attacks against her.

And so it has remained. She just released her new album "Ultraviolence", but most of the attention has been focused on a sentence from an interview with her - 'I wish I was dead already'. The focus has reduced recently, but Lana Del Rey claims she feels misunderstood; she later said that she just sometimes feel this way. And sometimes she does not. A little diva flat. [i have no idea what this could be]

The only thing about Lana Del Rey that is actually true is that she is not a diva nor an artifact, but a instead an extremely friendly, all-American girl. On the day of this interview, as she sits in a good mood on a sofa in Berlin Soho club, smoking and speaking enthusiastically of her last concert attendance (Courtney Love, Guns N 'Roses, The Who), she cannot be confused by Dränglern (the Willin , the hair, the concert!) [again, no idea about this bit], and she laughs constantly. Above it all, she acts very young. And very straightforward.

World on Sunday: Is June 29 a special day for you?

Lana Del Rey: No, not really, why?

World on Sunday: On this day, exactly three years ago, the video for "Video Games" was uploaded to YouTube. It almost made ​​you an overnight-superstar.

Lana Del Rey: That was June 29th? I had no idea. But that's great, I could celebrate.

World on Sunday: How would you describe the time since then, in three words?

Lana Del Rey: Heavy. Complex. Surprising. Especially the last one. I used to have the feeling that my life belongs to me - I was driving. The more famous I became, the more I became the co-driver who does not know what will happen next. And that's still the case today. Everyday there are things that make me ask 'why are things happening now?' It's become normal for me to expect the unexpected.

World on Sunday: Previously - albeit much smaller - you sung on stages and recorded albums for years on end. Was there little preparation for that?

Lana Del Rey: I was at a small independent label and then I did an album with a new producer, which was shelved for two and a half years. That was something else entirely. It really started when I signed with my current label and my song was on the radio. That was the big moment.

World on Sunday: When was the moment your turned into popstar Lana del Rey?

Lana Del Rey: I, myself, have always felt that I am Lana Del Rey. A person who is different, free, does what she wants to do. So I decided to change my name.

World on Sunday: You soon had a lot of speculation about whether this person was really "free" and, above all, who she was. The carefully staged singer - and the woman behind it, called Elizabeth Grant. And how one had become the other; the authenticity of it all.

Lana Del Rey: Firstly, there is no difference to Lizzy Grant. I have always been unconventional, even when I was much younger. I always wanted to direct my own life, build my own world. I took off early. And I was very grown up as I child, I think. I think this discussion of authenticity as a theme isn't interesting. Why is it relevant? I don't get dressed and present myself as somehow pretending to be someone else. I have always written my music myself. Finally, it's also true that I did everyday things in my life that interested no one.

World on Sunday: What about when it comes to the time when you were a semi-social worker?

Lana Del Rey: If you're really interested in an artist, you should probably search for the true story behind it. I was very shy at the beginning and I didn't want to give any interviews. Before I even gave the first interview, so many things had already been written and said about me that were simply not true. I had not said anything yet! That's why I wanted to write my new album. Then I truly show what has influenced me in my life and writing. Those who are interested in it can simply listen.

World on Sunday: We hear, for example, about a "Cult Leader", a guru, which you follow.

Lana Del Rey: I think searching for guidance is a constant theme in my life. I knew relatively early on who I was. But I did not know exactly what I wanted to do. And I was always looking for people who are like me. So, I went at the age of 18 to New York. I was looking for this cool artist group, but I didn't find it. But I found someone who was like me. It was very interesting for me, we had a special relationship. He had built up a group that followed him.

World on Sunday: That sounds more threatening.

Lana Del Rey: In the end, it wasn't right for me. However, I am a seeker. I love to have questions. I do not believe that 'Oh, if you let go of the question, the answers come naturally.' I think you only find something if you go off and search.

World on Sunday: Does this include going to a fortune teller?

Lana Del Rey: I went to a fortune teller before the tour last year because my friend was very ill at that time. We've been to several doctors, but to no avail. And then we went to a very famous fortune teller. She had an answer for him. She said to me that I should write four questions on a piece of paper and place the paper, before our conversation, under my pillow. She answered the questions, without seeing the paper.

World on Sunday: What kind of questions were they?

Lana Del Rey: They were very personal. One was about whether I should really get on with what I'm doing, or should I look for another job. She said she couldn't see. She said that bad things woukd happen to me, but in time, it would go back again to the right place for me.

World on Sunday: There's a video from a moment of the peak of your success; a concert in Dublin, where you sing "Video Games" and he crowd goes wild. You cried during it - why?

Lana Del Rey: I wasn't particularly comfortable on the tour at the time. I felt sick and I felt disconnected to my own music because everyonr came between me and my work. When everyone began to sing the words of "Video Games" - it was so loud I couldn't hear anything else - I was sad because I could not appreciate it. I felt connected with the audience, but not with my own music. It once meant a lot that I write songs for myself and at that moment, I had the feeling that I hadn't done that for ages.

World on Sunday: Do you think you've found this feeling again?

Lana Del Rey: Yes, when I met the musician Dan Auerbach, who I made ​​my new album with. He was interested in me and my music, and that meant that I found myself to be an interesting musician again. He gave me confidence.

World on Sunday: What song on your new album means most to you?

Lana Del Rey: "Cruel World". The song is like my life, the verse is very direct, the refrain is very dynamic, almost chaotic, but beautiful; it rises...and then it goes back to the second verse. It's exactly what it is. It's nice because it's easy.

World on Sunday: On your new album you sing lines like: "He hit me and it felt like a kiss" and "I fucked my way up to the top". Do you sing them because of your past, or are you just purposefully provactive, like in previous songs and videos?

Lana Del Rey: I understand now that lines such as these are provocative. But I did not really understand it earlier. I just wrote for me. Things written, without the idea that they'll become public. It wasn't a pop [song?] for me, but a document of my life. I had no influence and no voice, so I did not feel that I had to be a role model in any way.

World on Sunday: But now you are a world-famous star. Does that not bring responsibility with it?

Lana Del Rey: A little bit. I'm not going to change. But I understand the point.

World on Sunday: People almost always talk about the image of women that you present. What attracts you to the role of a submissive femme fatale?

Lana Del Rey: I never understood why it is not okay to be ambivalent. I mean, maybe I just don't know some things yet. In some cases, maybe I'm still not sure. I can only sing about my own experiences. Privately, I'm certainly not - if I want to get married, if I can find true love around; I do not know. [i'm not sure what this means -> Maybe she's not a femme fatale privately]

World on Sunday: Having a family?

Lana Del Rey: Yes, I'd love to have a family. That would be great.

World on Sunday: The men who show up in your videos again and again, the tattoed bikers, do not seem like the typical, reliable family men....

Lana Del Rey: Yes, I'm just a little...I have a slightly different taste. I feel attracted to people who are very confident and very creative in what they do, and these are then often ones that are special.

World on Sunday : Possibly those who are particularly difficult?

Lana Del Rey: Yes, that's right. Definitely. And that's where the trouble begins for me, I think. What I want and what is easy is never the same. What I want is someone who is dynamic and different - special. But, of course, it is easier to choose those who follow the straight path.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Finished the translation, she basically talks about:

-her authenticity as an artist

-her problems with BtD and how she felt disconnected as an artist

-her provocative lyrics

-her struggle in relationships to choose what is 'special' over what is 'easy'

-her obsession with biker dudes

-marriage, family and presentation of women (because that question NEVER gets old...)

-Cruel World (the song)

-her cult leader and pre-fame days

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

World on Sunday: Is June 29 a special day for you?

Lana Del Rey: No, not really, why?

World on Sunday: On this day, exactly three years ago, the video for "Video Games" was uploaded to YouTube. It made ​​you an almost overnight-superstar.

Lana Del Rey: That was June 29th? I had no idea. But that's great, I could celebrate.

Actually, it was May 5, 2011. But thanks for playing.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

You see how she changed, when she used to say that Video Games was herself on a song, and now she says Cruel World represents her life. I really wanted to know more about this cult leader, and, of course, about what this fortune teller told her.

I actually thought this was a great interview! At this point I don't expect anymore to learn much about her past or anything detailed experiences/events, but there was a bit of both of these things here! And she seems content, not stressed out or upset at anything.

I'm just rooting for her and any signs she's motivated to keep making and performing music make me happy. 

World on Sunday: People almost always talk about the image of women that you present. What attracts you to the role of a submissive femme fatale female?

Lana Del Rey: I never understood why it is not okay to be submissive ambivalent. I mean, maybe I just don't know some things yet [strong women?] In some cases, maybe I'm still not sure. I can only sing about my own experiences. Privately, I'm certainly not - if I want to get married if I can find true love around: I do not know. [i'm not sure what this means -> Maybe she's not a femme fatale privately]

Maybe this question makes more sense this way? Other than that I think everythings fine  :gclap: 

Spam, sorry ... I know better German, but my English is bad :( But now I will read this Interview! THANKSSSSSSSS!!!!

There's something I had never told you I'm not really from this world...

You see how she changed, when she used to say that Video Games was herself on a song, and now she says Cruel World represents her life. I really wanted to know more about this cult leader, and, of course, about what this fortune teller told her.

uh, CW obviously wasn't written yet? she didn't change her opinion; she just wrote a song that she thinks represents her life even moreso now...? lol

These journalists are always asking her about the cult leader since she made up this story

omg she explained it perfectly in the interview, did you even read? not an actual cult; go back and look for yourself.

so stupid. i hate when people go in on her making up all these lies and stuff, when it's just different language used to describe something--aka, not a leader of a CULT cult, but rather a group of musicians. it makes perfect sense, and it's obviusly not made up--wtf? 

Welt am Sonntag: Auf Ihrem neuen Album singen Sie Zeilen wie: "He hit me and it felt like a kiss", oder "I fucked myself up to the top". Erzählen Sie da von sich selbst, oder sind das gezielte Provokationen, die es ja auch in früheren Songs und Videos von Ihnen schon gibt?

:creep:

uh, CW obviously wasn't written yet? she didn't change her opinion; she just wrote a song that she thinks represents her life even moreso now...? lol

omg she explained it perfectly in the interview, did you even read? not an actual cult; go back and look for yourself.

so stupid. i hate when people go in on her making up all these lies and stuff, when it's just different language used to describe something--aka, not a leader of a CULT cult, but rather a group of musicians. it makes perfect sense, and it's obviusly not made up--wtf? 

Video Games used to describe her life but now its Cruel world (from the moment she wrote it)

a group of musicians   umm no, there is a high chance that it was a AA group

Of course she wrote CW after VG. I'm not sayin she changed her opinion, just lyrically, UV is much more agressive and darker than BTD. It's more like Lizzy Grant.

Of course she wrote CW after VG. I'm not sayin she changed her opinion, just lyrically, UV is much more agressive and darker than BTD. It's more like Lizzy Grant.

Is there really a difference :lanasrs: