Sitar

The 211 Songs

She probably didn't have her hard drive hacked (so dramatic Lana!). She probably had her iTunes broadcasting over wifi... So easy to steal songs off of other people's computer. I used to do it all the time when I lived in the dorms. 

Great thread @@SitarHero

Added Big Bad Wolf (Demo), presuming it came from the original source since we've known about it for a long time. Any evidence to the contrary is welcome.

99/211 songs!

She said her laptop was remotely accessed while she was staying at a hotel

Maybe if she wasn't so busy playing Wicked Games so loudly and dancing around she would've noticed smh

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

This hacking story is so confusing.

I guess we should consider that if the 211 number is right (which we'll never know because the information Lana gives seem to be quite misleading most of the times), every track that has been recorded prior to 2012 should be included in the batch.

Don't know if you agree, but I believe Lana doesn't keep track of what she has uploaded here and there (given she has uploaded stuff to several sources under several names) and she's probably unaware that we have a certain song because she made it available in the past somewhere. If she's so sure that they were 211 songs, let's imagine she had a folder in which she included all of her recordings and she knew the number of files in it – then, when she was hacked, all of it was taken and this is the reason why she thinks we have all of the leaks (?). But it doesn't mean that just because a song came directly from Lana or from a producer that Lana thought (for example) "oh, I'm not considering that 'Kinda Outta Luck' wasn't in this batch because I uploaded it on my YouTube account."

My two cents are that she probably had her recordings together and she considered all of them when she said they stole 211 songs, including the ones on the unreleased albums and maybe even the released one. The interview says "not to mention her songs" and then Lana says "all 211 of them," so why wouldn't we consider everything prior to 2012?

I agree with this and I don't know why no one has even addressed this post. She said all 211 songs, not 211 unreleased songs. I would include in these 211 songs everything from AKA, Sirens, and even probably BTD as it was technically unreleased at the time so she would have been equally as bummed for those songs to get stolen in 2011. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Okay, so I put all of the songs I suspect she had in mid-2011 or so in a playlist. I included unreleased songs, AKA, its demos, Sirens, other May Jailer material, and all of the Born to Die demos since at least a few of them should have existed by then.  I included all unreleased demos and instrumentals. I took out anything that occurred in 2012 or later (so Ridin', Summer Wine, etc.) as well as any live performances.

I got 199 songs. Give or take some of the BTD demos (some could have been made after the hack) and taking into consideration the 25 or so songs we know exist but don't have, we are at least in the ballpark of 211 so Lana wasn't just making a random number up. Assuming some of the titles we have came after 2011, that might bring it down even closer to 211. But there might also be songs we don;t even have the title to that were hacked, so that should be accounted for also. 211 might not be the exact number, but it is close, and I think we can put to rest any ideas that there are still 100+ unreleased songs floating around. 

there's not

Okay, so I put all of the songs I suspect she had in mid-2011 or so in a playlist. I included unreleased songs, AKA, its demos, Sirens, other May Jailer material, and all of the Born to Die demos since at least a few of them should have existed by then.  I included all unreleased demos and instrumentals. I took out anything that occurred in 2012 or later (so Ridin', Summer Wine, etc.) as well as any live performances.

I got 199 songs. Give or take some of the BTD demos (some could have been made after the hack) and taking into consideration the 25 or so songs we know exist but don't have, we are at least in the ballpark of 211 so Lana wasn't just making a random number up. Assuming some of the titles we have came after 2011, that might bring it down even closer to 211. But there might also be songs we don;t even have the title to that were hacked, so that should be accounted for also. 211 might not be the exact number, but it is close, and I think we can put to rest any ideas that there are still 100+ unreleased songs floating around. 

there's not

I don't agree with this.

I don't agree with this.

I would love to hear what you do believe in then. Not in an attacking way at all, I am just curious. :)

I do believe in what I posted, but it really is just a theory. I thought I'd try and flesh out to give it at least some credibility and I personally think its plausible. I'd really like to see (from anyone) different theories and, more importantly, evidence to back them up. I'm open to being proven wrong!

I agree with this and I don't know why no one has even addressed this post. She said all 211 songs, not 211 unreleased songs. I would include in these 211 songs everything from AKA, Sirens, and even probably BTD as it was technically unreleased at the time so she would have been equally as bummed for those songs to get stolen in 2011. 

The Sirens leak didn't originate from the hack, so we can't really assume it was on her computer. 

I did what @@Anthem did. Unreleased, ~2011, except for live & such. I got 198.

I think AKA & Sirens could have easily been in the hack. Just because they didn't come from the hack itself doesn't mean they weren't on her computer

Why do you count the AKA album? The album was released. Also why include the instrumentals? I could only believe the Hit It & Run one could have been from her computer. And I agree with @@Brooklyn Baby

Because she never said anything that implied the 211 songs were all unreleased or previously unheard-of. She just said 211 songs, and I don't think it is impossible or even improbable that she kept AKA on her computer along with every other song she had recorded up to that point. Besides, I feel like as far as Lana is concerned, AKA is/was unreleased anyways since she doesn't ever mention it or acknowledge it exists, and besides a brief stint on iTunes and a few physical copies, the album really never was given to the public. 

As far as the instrumentals, I actually did take them out in that 199 number I got so I messed up in saying they were there. I agree that they don't make sense to have been on her computer although I wonder where they came from if not the same place the songs themselves came from (the hack)?

The Sirens leak didn't originate from the hack, so we can't really assume it was on her computer. 

Why? Why would she not have her own songs on her own computer? What does the source of the leak have to do with whether they were hacked in 2011 or not?

I did what @@Anthem did. Unreleased, ~2011, except for live & such. I got 198.

I think AKA & Sirens could have easily been in the hack. Just because they didn't come from the hack itself doesn't mean they weren't on her computer

I (obviously) agree, especially with the last sentence. 

Again guys, I am not saying you all are wrong or anything but I just want some solid explanations for why you feel the way you do or why you think something I have said doesn't make sense. I don't know anything about hacks or hackers so I could just not be realistic about how these things work. Are hackers sophisticated enough to just take what wasn't already leaked/released or do they just take everything they can get despite whether they have it already or not?

Or is Lana making up the number 211.  :illumilana: I don't actually think she is this time but this is Lana so..

Added everything since the BBW demo. Taking for granted that the various studio sessions/AKA demos were leaked by a band member rather than hacked. 113/211 songs now!

Added everything since the BBW demo. Taking for granted that the various studio sessions/AKA demos were leaked by a band member rather than hacked. 113/211 songs now!

Okay. So... 113, we've got about 98 out there still... and we only know about a few (and then of course, the few that were registered but not leaked/released like Roses, Fine China, etc...)

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

Okay. So... 113, we've got about 98 out there still... and we only know about a few (and then of course, the few that were registered but not leaked/released like Roses, Fine China, etc...)

So crazy to think there could be almost another 100 Lana songs just sitting in someone's iTunes right now. The person that leaked the 6 new songs the other day claimed they were "bottom barrel" material, I'm guessing this could mean they have heaps of HQ studio versions of other unleaked songs (or they could just be making that up)

I've always speculated that maybe they found an early fan who had ripped a bunch of stuff from her MySpace, like maybe someone familiar with the Williamsburg music scene. I can't be bothered to relisten to his podcasts right now, but if I recall correctly, I thought Sean from Nefarious Bovine Radio had said something about getting the old tracks of hers he had off her MySpace. Supposedly he played everything he had, but maybe the LDR.FM mods found someone else who ripped more shit back in the day.

Im bringing this back to ask if you remember which podcast number he would have played them in?

lilkimxchapelle.png