Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

Listened finally to Blue Neighborhood & Bloom this week and I loved them. But I can't believe I was sleeping on them for years :trisha::bebe:

Just listened to the new album & it slaps,  it soooo good :gurl: my faves after first listen: Rush , One Of Your Girls , In My Room , Can't Go Back Baby , surprisingly Got Me Started (it grew so much on me ), Silly & Honey 

But I'm sure the rest will grow on me more , but so far already a no skip album for me. Gonna listen again now :dance:

Also the music video for One Of Your Girls is such a serve , had to watch it several times in a row &  Ross omg :lange: Absolutely love it & the music videos this era in general :trisha:

Gonna have Troye's discography on repeat the next weeks & check out the stuff I haven't checked out yet :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

The One of Your Girls video floored me omg. A serve but also that last long painful look into the camera. I love it sooooo much and the song is probably my favorite on the album.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Give me a call if you ever get lonely 

madonna-dancing.gif

I'll be like one of your girls or your homies 

madonna-dancing.gif

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I cannot describe how much I’ve been obsessed with this era, and I wasn’t even really a Troye fan before this. I’ve probably watched the Rush video around 25 times, already watched One of Your Girls video like 7 times, and I have the autographed vinyl arriving on Monday (my first vinyl ever).

This era has really been resonating with me hard and providing the representation I didn’t even know I needed. :defeated:

also makes  me realize how much I miss Britney and pop girlies serving like troye did in the One of Your Girls video :(

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I was prepared to hate this as I’ve had my reservations with Troye in the overall way he’s been conducting his social media presence this era/rollout but…

I love this album. Going home from a date and spinning this album in the back of an Uber while What’s The Time Where You Are? was blasting in my ears… it felt so inherently specific to my experience as a gay man navigating the loneliness, joy, solitude, ecstasy and longing in the dating world. From that point forward, even Got Me Started started to hit in a way that never had and by the time the album ended I was feeling so riveted and proud of every up and down I’ve lived as a queer person. I still think some of the optics of the album are a little myopic but overall I’m loving it and getting more and more into Troye’s vision. 

IMG-1607.jpg