ultraviolenced

May Jailer Appreciation Thread

the sirens era (even though it never really 'happened) was the most honesty and truthful imo. the lyrics are heartbreaking and Lana's voice is so tragic. I just wish Lana would properly acknowledge it in interviews like she does with LDR. I'm hoping that an interviewer will ask her about why the album(s) was/were dropped. and we need the real names for all the songs & official artwork for Sirens, goddamn it! :pray2:

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

To me its like Lady Gaga and her 3/4 albuns. Artpop is another artist, Born This Way its an random pop shit, The Fame its good, and The Fame Monster its perfect...
Whats the point? :uh:
I dont think about the same person when i listen to May Jailer, maybe, when i listen to Lizzy i remember thats Lana DR, but MJ sound totaly different. I keep my tags correctly :mariah:

No May Jailer appreciation, specifically, but there's this:

I do wish she'd do something with her Sirens songs. This one (a fan favorite, I think) could be a reference to that label exec she had a long term fling with, idk.

I've commented about Sirens before, but here I want to comment on possible Birds of a Feather artists to May Jailer.

May Jailer is usually compared to early Jewel (Pieces of You), and maybe this is more true of the most recent May Jailer leaks (From the End or Young like Me), which I still find beautiful. However, I think a case could be made for comparing her to this guy as well, at least on the music side. BTW Sting has covered him with a full album, including this song.

In darkness let me dwell; the ground shall sorrow be, 

The roof despair, to bar all cheerful light from me; 

The walls of marble black, that moist'ned still shall weep; 

My music, hellish jarring sounds, to banish friendly sleep. 

Thus, wedded to my woes, and bedded in my tomb, 

O let me dying live, till death doth come, till death doth come. 

In darkness let me dwell

And if you think that was dark, here's my new May Jailer-esque crush. I wonder what Dowland would of thought of her, as she's much much darker than him, and makes LDR look like Taylor Swift (or perhaps Carmen Miranda is a more appropriate reference). However, I think her penchant for dark themes doesn't reflect a general sadness in her life as Dowland's might have.

I haven't really ever sat down to listen to her May Jailer songs all the way through, the only ones I listen to the most are Next to Me, Birds of a Feather, You Mister and Aviation. They don't really interest me tbh because they're all like one continuous song. The lyrics are genius though. 

I really like the May Jailer era, honestly. Everything about the music was perfect, like how her voice sounds so fragile and full of honesty. You can really feel her pain in some of the songs too.

Guest Dot

the sirens era (even though it never really 'happened) was the most honesty and truthful imo. the lyrics are heartbreaking and Lana's voice is so tragic. I just wish Lana would properly acknowledge it in interviews like she does with LDR. I'm hoping that an interviewer will ask her about why the album(s) was/were dropped. and we need the real names for all the songs & official artwork for Sirens, goddamn it! :pray2:

We do have real names of most Siren tracks. The only non-confirmed titles are:

My Momma, Next to Me (most likely "River Road"), Pretty Baby (most likely "For K", you can tell me whatever you want...there are enough receipts I can serve you with that support this) and Birds of a Feather.

i hadn't realized how great it was until I listened to it during a trip. My favourites are A Star For Nick, Bad Disease, Pretty Baby, Out With A Bang, and How Do You Know Me So Well.  :flutter:

We do have real names of most Siren tracks. The only non-confirmed titles are:

My Momma, Next to Me (most likely "River Road"), Pretty Baby (most likely "For K", you can tell me whatever you want...there are enough receipts I can serve you with that support this) and Birds of a Feather.

that's what I mean lol, I wish we had the real titles for those tracks. I agree with you on Pretty Baby though, I'm pretty sure it's For K Part 1

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

umm, i just googled her. i think she's trying too hard to sound like lana  :biblio:

The reason I think it really IS Lana is because of For K. On the AKA album, there's 'For K Part 2'...and K seems to have influenced a lot of Lana's songs.

YOU CALL ME LAVENDER, YOU CALL ME SUNSHINE