Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: Ultraviolence

Off topic: They might be together. She made Summer Wine with Barrie James and now this with Francesco. The way she licks his hand OMFG!

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Off topic: They might be together. She made Summer Wine with Barrie James and now this with Francesco. The way she licks his hand OMFG!

They are just fuck buddies

Besides, she's not gonna run into something serious after her 3 year long relationship just ended. Give her some time

However I'm really concerned the video is all about Lana in a wedding dress doing gifable things and looking sad. Based on the previews there is anything really besides this.

As I expected the video is all about the aesthetic, for me there isn't really a meaning behind.

I remember when the cover of the album came out and everybody seemed so disappointed because it was not what we expected at all, it was so simple for a title like Ultraviolence. Later I read that Neil Krug interview and I finally understood why the chose that picture as a cover - it was a completely the opposite of what we expected to be. Ironically or not she decided to not release a predictable video for Ultraviolence.

The real issue it that maybe we want her to be predictable, so the problem might be us not really the video. When this supposed to be a bigger project ( because it's a cinematographic, epic love song song) she gave us something personal. Which is good thing because maybe this song, its lyrics it's more personal than we ever imagined.

Also we need to give her some credits for being sensitive enough to not release a video with suggestions of abuse or domestic violence

The audio is always more important than the video for me, and I love Ultraviolence, so she could be twirling in a field for four minutes (which is what most of the Bel Air segment of Tropico is, yet people adore that, go figure) and I wouldn't mind at all. I think some people really want Lana to be a typical glossy pop star with this massive production behind her, some people even wanted her to have costumes for her tour and change often and don't understand how she can just stand there and sing and still be entertaining. I just don't understand why so many of you want her to be what so many other people already are.

its not about being glossy, its about her utilizing all the resources at her disposal to create something truly amazing (i.e ride). she's got the mind and she's got the money (whereas most pop stars only have the latter) 

ZRBNill.jpg

The audio is always more important than the video for me, and I love Ultraviolence, so she could be twirling in a field for four minutes (which is what most of the Bel Air segment of Tropico is, yet people adore that, go figure) and I wouldn't mind at all. I think some people really want Lana to be a typical glossy pop star with this massive production behind her, some people even wanted her to have costumes for her tour and change often and don't understand how she can just stand there and sing and still be entertaining. I just don't understand why so many of you want her to be what so many other people already are.

We don't want her anything else than to be good. The song is so-so, the video is zero effort. And I am sorry, that people put effort into their videos, which is basically their purpose.

How very edgy & cool that you think that only Brettani Schpears and Ketti Purri (for instance) make fancy videos.

God forbid that Lana will make one. Just imagine a video in a castle in France or as a biker chick somewhere in the dessert with an American flag? That would be such a sellout!

As I expected the video is all about the aesthetic, for me there isn't really a meaning behind.

I remember when the cover of the album came out and everybody seemed so disappointed because it was not what we expected at all, it was so simple for a title like Ultraviolence. Later I read that Neil Krug interview and I finally understood why the chose that picture as a cover - it was a completely the opposite of what we expected to be. Ironically or not she decided to not release a predictable video for Ultraviolence.

The real issue it that maybe we want her to be predictable, so the problem might be us not really the video. When this supposed to be a bigger project ( because it's a cinematographic, epic love song song) she gave us something personal. Which is good thing because maybe this song, its lyrics it's more personal than we ever imagined.

Also we need to give her some credits for being sensitive enough to not release a video with suggestions of abuse or domestic violence

I don't think it's that we want Lana to be predictable because that would be impossible, it's that there is a certain level of quality and effort that still needs to be present whether it's a multimillion dollar music video or one shot on an iPhone. If the Ultraviolence video was executed well I would have no problem with it, but the lack of effort is so apparrent. It's almost like she said, Ultraviolence is the new single so lets shoot a video so I can give them something.

tumblr_n90y9oYmu41qzj1pro1_500.gif

We don't want her anything else than to be good. The song is so-so, the video is zero effort. And I am sorry, that people put effort into their videos, which is basically their purpose.

How very edgy & cool that you think that only Brettani Schpears and Ketti Purri (for instance) make fancy videos.

God forbid that Lana will make one. Just imagine a video in a castle in France or as a biker chick somewhere in the dessert with an American flag? That would be such a sellout!

lol I didn't say that. Sellout, please, she's not an underground crooner trying to make it big? I'm just saying that she doesn't seem to be into big budget videos at the moment and that I personally don't care but am getting annoyed at how fucking bitchy and overly dramatic everyone is when she does something they don't like. Expressing opinions is excellent and all, but opinions are not facts, and lots of people are acting like they are. Oh my god a mellow video, her career is overrrr! I think people just expect her to do things she's clearly moving away from.

lol I didn't say that. Sellout, please, she's not an underground crooner trying to make it big? I'm just saying that she doesn't seem to be into big budget videos at the moment and that I personally don't care but am getting annoyed at how fucking bitchy and overly dramatic everyone is when she does something they don't like. Expressing opinions is excellent and all, but opinions are not facts, and lots of people are acting like they are. Oh my god a mellow video, her career is overrrr! I think people just expect her to do things she's clearly moving away from.

I never mind quality. It doesn't matter if costs lots or little. Music not the bling, you know? I just don't like laziness or that people want to sell me something "oh-so-deep" which is in thruth as deep as the saucer of my coffee cup

What the heck was it an endorsement for Apple?

Like if you buy the iPhone you'll be able to make awkward, grainy, hipster videos like the sad songstress Lana Del Rey? Smh...

Yeah I'm with technicolor, I don't really care about her videos. None of them are really interesting to me. Her brilliant music, which I listen to every day is what captures me. So it's nice to see someone else say that. Because a lot of fans get excited about the videos but I hardly watch them and haven't seen most of them.