Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: Ultraviolence

what happened to this tho GAuG5OZ.jpg

hope we get this video 

He actually said he NEVER did any video for her on his twitter. 

This is his original description of the pic "Out here creepin with the artist/director of the evening@@lanadelrey". Its clear that Lana is a director herself (not him), he just helped her to put the footage together. 

This song deserved Summertime-Sadness-video levels of perfection but ok Lana :P
It seems like this era will be just simple videos, at least she looks good in it  :party:

15mofv4.jpg

I know it's been said a thousand times already but I'll say it again... This video is a disappointment at it's finest. Ultraviolence isn't a bad song and she could have done so much more with the video. Although I'm a little biased because I always prefer high production videos over low quality, this video isn't even a good homemade one. Here what I don't like about it: 1) There's literally one scene. One. One outfit, one filter, one location. It's singular and predictable, and in turn, boring as hell. 2) The filter isn't even pretty! I know Lana loves her muted greens, but the whole yellow tone theme is ugly. I thought with Ultraviolence, she'd go with darker, cooler colors like blues, purples, grays... not this pee-colored mess of a color palette. If there would have been a little more of that purple tone seen as she first walks into the church and the lighting changes, maybe it would have been better. 3) There's no story line whatsoever. You can go on with your theories about lost love and marriage and death but in all honesty, I think Lana just wanted to put on a wedding dress, pout, and play with filters. I think it's all about what's aesthetically pleasing to Lana, but even then, I wasn't expecting something so flat. Lana's has such an interesting mind and has spoken before about how she's in really into film so I was expecting something much more advanced in terms of plot and themes. 4) The video doesn't suit the song, at least in my opinion. I know not everything has to be literal but she could have at least saved the wedding dress for something like a Yayo/Gun & Roses (although we all know that's never going to happen.) The only part that was the least bit literal was when he put her hand around her neck in a choking fashion, it was only a glimpse of the "violence love" portrayed in the song. 

On a less critical, more positive note, there were some things I did enjoy about the video! 1) The lips are back. I know they look a little awkward in some scenes (see: orange) but overall I love when her lips are plumped up like that. Her makeup looked good in this video, now if only I could actually see it through all those filters... 2) She, in general, looked beautiful. I think it's hard to deny that aspect. Lana's facial expression, for the most part, were convincing and beautiful. 3) Some of the angles were good. In particular I really liked the scene under the wedding veil with the light coming through the lace on to her face. If there were more scenes with interesting angles, the video would have been less boring. 

I'm hoping this is just a project Lana wanted to do with Francesco in Italy and that there's another Ultraviolence video directed by Nabil laying around somewhere. One with the smokey black and white rock n' roll theme. Praying for that. 

I have to find something positive about the video -

Clockwork Orange fans, actually get to see an orange.

And, feels like Lana is my bride, while watching it.

Though, on her real wedding day, after this video, it'll be low turnout.

Looks like they had no persmission to film there or they were embaressed to run around like that :D

This would explain the way she looks behind her before entering the chapel and the "there's someone there" thing at the end :D

Considering this last scene, it could almost be a tribute to the Blair Witch Projekt :creep:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

it's so beautiful & i'm in love with the aesthetics, but it would have made a better interlude/non-single video or a photoshoot. she really should have gone all out with the cult theme & i can't believe she missed that opportunity.

this looks like it cost no money so i think she should make a simple video like this one for all of the songs. . .though IDEALLY it would have been nice if she made little vids like this for all of the songs & then bigger budget ones for the singles. like, what happened? shades of cool was so good but why did they blow the budget on a non-single??

let me be who i'm meant to be

Just watched. Fuck, it is utterly beautiful. Don't care what anyone thinks.

It has the vintage seventies feel, it is poetic and romantic. Lana is so sensual. Amazing!

She is dressed like a bride but seems to be mourning someone. And that smile at the chorus.... killing!

(Yes, it is a tangerine.)

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Well that was a snoozefest, sorry Lana I love you but that was boring......... When the most entertaining part of a video is watching someone peel an orange well.......

Don't get me wrong she looked pretty, but ew at the guys fingers in her mouth through the movie.. I'm sure its some symbolism but it looks nasty.

To be honest though I am glad this song didn't get a big budget, I like it but there's other songs that I would rather she spent the money on.

Shades Of Cool's movie is amazing and I'm glad about that so hopefully, she will announce she is making big budget movies for Brooklyn Baby and Old Money.

qsVmBMd.png

if you watch it on mute you can pretend its tmz and they caught lana going for a hike

And then the paparazzi just starts finger fucking her mouth

Let's be honest here its plotless. Its pretty for prettysakes and that's why I think loads of Lana fans are pissed. Not just BC there was no effort put in but you can see and feel how empty/hollow/shallow the music vid is. There's no charisma.No energy. No feeling. Its just four minutes of voidness...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371