Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: Ultraviolence

Literally nothing happened...

I'm sorry but did we watch the Same video ? She ate an ORANGE, what more do you hungry wolves want ? Geeez...

Haha jk I'm very disapointed, i thought the trailer was good but this is bad. There's a good idea, in it, but she didn't go far enough with it. To begin with she should have filmed at least 2 more sequences to give the MV more flow. What was that horrible close up on her wet mouth while she was "hauntily" eating her orange ?? And it's a detail but I don't like seing that orange plastic thing (from local works I présume) behind her when she steps in the chapel.. The butterflies cameo was good though lol.

The coulors were nice, the shadow effect hiver by her veil, though not groundbreaking, was nice as well, the bouquet has a nice romantic quality, but... How can LANA DEL REY, the Queen of MV give us THAT ? After BTD, BJ, SS, VG, NA, Carmen, Ride, Tropico, even SOC .......... I don't get it.

This only reinforces my longing for BTD/Paradise ...

Oh well, on to the next one !

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

What a boring mess. I expected more tbh but all we got was Lana eating some oranges,sucking some dudes fingers and her looking doe eyed at the camera. Im not usually negative towards Lana but this was lazy on so many levels its unreal. Lana and the music vid looks gorgeous tho I give her that...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Every video this era so far is just SO FREAKIN SLOW. In fact, there is hardly anything going on . And in all of them Lana herself looks so bored half of the time, that you'd think she will fall asleep in her own video. 

Disappointing and totally ruining her reputation as an artist who knows how to bring her music alive through visuals.

I get she's trying to detach herself from the BTD/Paradise era with her music and visuals but there are better ways to do it then to put out poorly made music videos. I've already accepted the fact that we won't be getting anymore BTD, NA, or Ride style music videos, but that doesn't mean that there should be a complete and total lack of effort. Summer Wine, Summertime Sadness, and all of her old Lizzy videos are perfect examples of where she was given little to work with yet managed to make something good. I would rather only 2 quality music videos or even 1 rather than 3-5 poorly made ones.

This whole era seems to me that she's trying so hard to prove that she is authentic and it's ultimately ruining everything. 

tumblr_n90y9oYmu41qzj1pro1_500.gif

hmmm....I liked it, but I think she could've been more creative with it. I was expecting something a la You're Not The One video by Sky Ferreira. But I felt that the finger sucking helped the video to appear 'wrong' like the album, and the song itself, are intended to be.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Well .. at least if the last scene would be her sitting in the chapel. But why this random walking scene at the end? destroys the concept of an already very action-less video.

However, it will make a nice backdrop and I don't think it was intended for anything else than this.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

From someone who grew up in the film industry, I think it's a hauntingly beautiful work. It's very reminiscent of the videos for 90s indie rock videos or found footage, psychological thriller films. Music videos, unlike feature films, do not require anything beyond an episodic plot and there's a lot going on underneath the surface here and a lot of metaphoric imagery. 

I love the final sequence of Lana walking down the aisle alone. 

From someone who grew up in the film industry, I think it's a hauntingly beautiful work. It's very reminiscent of the videos for 90s indie rock videos or found footage, psychological thriller films. Music videos, unlike feature films, do not require anything beyond an episodic plot and there's a lot going on underneath the surface here and a lot of metaphoric imagery. 

You call this work? Eating an orange in a wedding dress, filmed with an iphone? I don't think so...

I didn't grow up in the film industry, but I love cinema and to me this was far from beautiful. Even her homemade vids were more interesting and creative than this "video". This is plain awful and it's not even original, she's a parody of herself in the SS video as she even used the same filter/effects. She also looks terrible.

I respect your opinion but this is certainly not my cup of tea.

ZmJh1LG.jpg