CruelWorld

Lana Featured on New Emile Haynie Song "Wait For Life" - Out January 20th

Do you contribute anything to this forum other than complaints? Don't get me wrong there is always need for constructive criticism and opposing views but it gets tiring when you see the same person moan and moan.

"Lyrics are sh*t!!!"

"Live performances are sh*t!!!"

"She's not a REAL musician!!!"

Chill. I love Lana. I criticize her because I want her to be a better artist and I think that she's capable of that (UV album). And the guys like you are here with the unfettered adulation so there is allways need for an equlibrium

Can someone tell me what "loon" is? At first I thought it was a nickname for emile but now I'm not sure.

Btw love the song! Honeymoon better have a few songs like this.

It is a nickname for the SAMPLING that Emile uses...the constant "SING" that you hear in Blue Jeans is from a live version of Mary Jane by Rick James

Or the people screaming in OTTR is a sample from Force by Afrika Bambaataa

Edited by W7e

Chill. I love Lana. I criticize her because I want her to be a better artist and I think that she's capable of that (UV album). And the guys like you are here with the unfettered adulation so there is allways need for an equlibrium

Sorry if I came on a bit strong: I was just trying to make a point. I do agree that blindly praising lana leads to no meaningful discussion, but, equally, tearing her down at every moment leads to no meaningful discussion either. Perhaps my judgement was unfair considering your low post count.

I'm ok if he decides to produce a song or two on Honeymoon but I don't want  a full album filled with Emile's loon and repetitive production again. A Paradise kind of record would be nice with Nowels, Dan Heath and Emilie interleaving as producer rather than only one as main producer. 

So I adore that intro since it really gives me Hawaiian summer vibes and sounds so beautifully tragic. The verses are also quite nice and it's great to hear her clear voice again (I like her voice on UV but it's just refreshing to listen to a loud, clear voice again). Somehow I don't like the chorus at all. The way it is sang kinda annoys me and I feel the strong need to wake her up during singing. Finally some scatting on a studio version !

I know that this is Emile's song and that's why I think that Wait For Life doesn't foreshadow the Honeymoon sound. It still would be amazing if she adapted the summer vibes.

All in all Wait For Life is a decent song imo but it doesn't move anything inside of me.

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

I'm ok if he decides to produce a song or two on Honeymoon but I don't want a full album filled with Emile's loon and repetitive production again. A Paradise kind of record would be nice with Nowels, Dan Heath and Emilie interleaving as producer rather than only one as main producer.

I prefer when Lana works with one main producer to execute her vision. It tends to feel more cohesive.

After 5 listens:

The song starts out strong, the melody of the chorus is just annoying in my opinion ("cute" Clayderman type of melody), the bridge doesn't fit with the rest of the song, it's a mess (she tries some vocal acrobatics that I'm not sure that works well for her that I'm loooonly part)

Africans are starved of water, food, and good music :toofunny:

hmmm If you don't think the award winning highly praised most successful christmas song of all time good music then i feel sorry for you.

there's loon :crying:

LOOOOOOONNNNN MOTHAFUCKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Ok the snippet is good!!!! And i think i heard some familiar sounds in the production ;).

And the loon is back :angie:

yass

when loon kicks in I feel pain in chest and I cry.  :poordat:  :poordat:  :poordat:

Count how many times I cried.  :poordat:  :poordat:  :poordat:

:sadcore3:  :sadcore2:  :sadcore6:  :icant:

YASSSSS. MY IMPACT :legend:

His tricks are getting old he should have known by now. I know he's this producer with "production style" but using the same loon and doing the same production he did 3 years ago? Just for the record he used all of this on The Neighborhood album too.

What do you got against me working?

Can someone tell me what "loon" is? At first I thought it was a nickname for emile but now I'm not sure.

:wtf: wtf is a thatsomason

Its an instrument that Emile is known for using a lot and that is all over BTD

Or the sound that makes you think that your boiling kettle is ready ! :D

Come on you guys, get it straight. The sound you hear over "call" around 1:42, that's my loon call. That similar but slightly different sound you hear over "shout" at 1:47, that's a boiling tea kettle of Emile's hangover cure. Hear the difference?

If you don't get it, then forget it. 'Cause I don't have to fucking explain it.

Birdbrains.

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

YASSSSS. MY IMPACT :legend:

What do you got against me working? 

:wtf: 

Come on you guys, get it straight. The sound you hear over "call" around 1:42, that's my loon call. That similar but slightly different sound you hear over "shout" at 1:47, that's a boiling tea kettle of Emile's hangover cure. Hear the difference?

If you don't get it, then forget it. 'Cause I don't have to fucking explain it.

Birdbrains.

Birds aren't allowed in studios...ONLY SAMPLING  :byeh8rs:  :yesnod:  :byeh8rs:

Hm .. I get the idea of the song and I think it#s good. The execution ... meh.

The instrumental sounds like a "block", not really many instruments playing together. Emile did this on BtD a few times aswell, however, this time it's a bit more striking. The loom is a bit random, I don't really feel it. It's not nearly as fitting as in Million Dollar Man. But I like this "thrown in" e-guitar strings during the chorus, reminds me of Gods & Monsters and Carmen. The production .. sounds a bit raw. Her voice sounds a bit like a filtered acapella layed over an instrumental, and the whole song feels like you would listen to it with low quality headphones. The bridge also sounds thrown in. It starts out of nowhere, doesn't really fit the parts that come before and both lyrically and sonically it's unfitting. Talking about her voice, I don't really hear Born To Die Lana. The way she uses her voice her reminds me more of I Can Fly, Is This Happiness, Flipside and Big Eyes. The lyrics .. hm. At least she's a bit "critical" towards her lover but yeah ... The chorus is better than in her previous efforts but somehow there isn't much emotion going on there for me.

Basically, it's a nice song and I could imagine I will need some time, so it can grow on me. But right now, I don't feel like it's something that will "satisfy" me for long, just like it was with the Big Eyes soundtrack songs.

And I also don't want her to keep this style for Honeymoon. It's nice to have an instrumental style which is a thor back to Born To Die, but I don't feel like this would be any kind of "artistic progress". Apart from that, that#s not the style I imagine if I think about "Honeymoon" and Mark Ronson.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I honestly think people should stop being so critical of this song. This isn't even technically Lana's song, and it wasn't released by her. When songs from her album start coming out, then I understand having constructive criticism. This is just like a bonus for people who actually like the song.

What is actually going on here at this place, like...????  :mj3: 

Some of you should really consider stanning for Emile rather than Lana, tbqfh.

The intro of the song is lovely, but afterwards she loses me. In the end, it's not her song, she only gave the vocals and that's okay for me.

The annoying "OMG this is what UV should have sounded like" is so annoying and disrespectful towards Lana with all my respect for different tastes.

Maybe after the next era the annoying loon stans will finally realise that if they wanna stan Loon they should better ditch Lana. 

What is actually going on here at this place, like...????  :mj3: 

Some of you should really consider stanning for Emile rather than Lana, tbqfh.

The intro of the song is lovely, but afterwards she loses me. In the end, it's not her song, she only gave the vocals and that's okay for me.

The annoying "OMG this is what UV should have sounded like" is so annoying and disrespectful towards Lana with all my respect for different tastes.

Maybe after the next era the annoying loon stans will finally realise that if they wanna stan Loon they should better ditch Lana. 

@@leaked_version pls...

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg