florencewelch

What Lana song struck you first?

Born To Die or Kill Kill... Can't remember lol or maybe it was Video Games? Not sure but when I first heard her, I absolutely hated her and then I listened to her again and was like YESSSS GIVE ME MORE OF HER PLS YESS SLAY ME.

This was litterally me.

Heard Video Games and even though I was super intriqued something about her persona just rubbed me the wrong way, so I didn't really wanna admit to myself that her music was great.

So I kinda hate-followed her for a while. Eventually she released Off to the Races, and it was over..I couldn't pretend I wasn't a fan any longer  :whatever2:

Also discovering AKA songs (especially Mermaid Motel) made me realize that she had so much to offer beyond the polished sound and vision of Born to Die.

I really really liked Video Games when it was released to the radio stations. I checked the internet and found the demo version of Lolita on the internet, the one with the orchestra and her counting at the beginning. I guess that was the part where I completely fell in love with Lana and checked the internet for other songs. If I remember right I found AKA, You Can Be The Boss, the Diet Mountain Dew Demo, Kinda Outta Luck, Put The Radio On and She Is Not Me.  So I guess it was this big cocktail of Lana songs that made me hyped as sh*t for Born To Die to be released.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Blue Jeans, purely because I thought lana del rey was one of those boring, angelic, flowergirl singers. Then I listened to BJ. The delivery alone had me hooked - the way she sang "burned", etc - as well as the video and the lyrical content. She went from an innocent plain jane to brooding bad bitch in 4 mins, and then I gave the rest of her songs a try. This was in late 2013, tail end of the paradise era

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I remember I was walking home one day and I was looking up more Lana songs after falling in love BTD and BJ.. I came across Lolita, I played it and I was so struck..I thought it was unreal, I never heard anything like it. I didn't have my headphones at the time so I had my phone up by my ear for the whole thing..On replay for hours! It brought me to a different world. I think it was the 'P-A-R-K DO IT MY WAY

OFF TO THE RACES really struck a cord with me but the live performance of VIDEO GAMES was what got me into her. Then i listened to the recorded version and was in love. I love that stark difference from the original recording versus the live performance. 

Blue Jeans. I wish it was something a little more unpopular but I mean that music video and the vocals had me hooked!

I remember I was walking home one day and I was looking up more Lana songs after falling in love BTD and BJ.. I came across Lolita, I played it and I was so struck..I thought it was unreal, I never heard anything like it. I didn't have my headphones at the time so I had my phone up by my ear for the whole thing..On replay for hours! It brought me to a different world. I think it was the 'P-A-R-K DO IT MY WAY

Yeah I fell in love with Lolita as well. I had the same exact feeling as you, almost euphoric really... SUCH A GOOD SONG