florencewelch

What Lana song struck you first?

Self-explanatory, sort of. Not what Lana song you first heard, or the song that made you like her, but the first song you listened when you were beginning to become a fan that made you go "holy shit." 

For me, it's Carmen. I don't relate to it, but I'm a writer and I related it to one of my stories. It also sort of made me think "this girl has amazing lyrics and I'm in love with her."

This topic seems really confusing to just ignore it if you don't understand it bc I'm not good at wording things.

they call you CRY BABY, CRY BABY / but you don't fucking care!!

I would have to say National Anthem and Summertime Sadness - like when I first heard those two songs I realised I really did love her music. Both songs were so cool and fresh, I felt that it was so refreshing to hear her music. Although saying that when her Born to Die video came out I was quite intrigued, but I didn't love her music at this point - I just liked it.

*I feel I have to clarify the 'love' part, I'm not obsessed with her music but she's been one of my go to artists for the past two years.

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

The first Lana song I heard was her version of "Once Upon a Dream" during the end credits for Maleficent. I had previously heard *of* Lana, but had never listened to any of her music and didn't know anything about her. But hearing that song made me go "Holy cow, THAT's Lana Del Rey..." After that, the first regular album song of hers that I listened to was "Summertime Sadness," and then I heard "Young and Beautiful." I was hooked.

Back when I was a flop fan and heard tracks off aka for the first time, not knowing aka was a whole entire album. I had already been jammin to video games and started scrolling through the lana tumblr tag in search of tunes. When I came across Pawn Shop Blues idk man it was moment, something definitely clicked for me. I was very struck by the stark contrast to the heavily produced video games and the vulnerability of the lyrics in psb. It (and eventually the rest of aka) made me feel like lana's talent lay far beyond video games and everything I was reading about her at the time. So ya I guess that's when the stanning begun :yesnod:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Video Games, a friend of mine posted it on FB and i replayed it while surfing the net without knowing why I exactly pressed repeat, but it was so addictive. It is still one of my favourite songs and probably the closest she will ever come to have ever written THE perfect love song. Then, I found other songs on the net, a few weeks later VG was officially released in Germany, went No.1 and the rest is history.

Self-explanatory, sort of. Not what Lana song you first heard, or the song that made you like her, but the first song you listened when you were beginning to become a fan that made you go "holy shit." 

For me, it's Carmen. I don't relate to it, but I'm a writer and I related it to one of my stories. It also sort of made me think "this girl has amazing lyrics and I'm in love with her."

This topic seems really confusing to just ignore it if you don't understand it bc I'm not good at wording things.

I'm a writer too, and I know what you mean. I don't get it when people say that Lana is a bad lyricist - IMHO at worst, she's a mediocre one, I personally love most of her work. There are different kinds of 'good' lyrics. I adore Lana's for how she lets the listener visit her personal world. This is what makes her amazing.

I think that in my case it was Born to Die! The lyrics, the video, the sound... perfect beginning of the album. Just iconic. :legend: Also, For K Part 2. I loved the acoustic moodiness. Little Girls hit me hard.

i am nothing and should be everything