florencewelch

What Lana song struck you first?

The first time listening to video games blew me away. The cinematic feel of the video brought back a lot of nostalgic memories for me. I remember first listening to her first EP (lana del rey) from beginning to end. I wish I could go back to the day that I first discovered her in December of 2011. After that, Yayo inspired me to check out her AKA album

tumblr_m9li5eLE0H1rah8xoo1_500.gif

probably video games, born to die, or blue jeans. those were the singles, of course, and the songs i heard first. i remember being so completely awestruck by how beautiful video games was. but born to die made me listen to the whole album.

Lana's doing Skeeter Davis End of the world shortly after she sang it live, a friend led me to the audio of it

End of the world was always a favorite song of mine

So that goes back to what? 2008 or 2009.

Big fan of Skeeter's, saw her in concert in Nashville many times as I have been in or through Nasville at least 40 times in the 70s-90s and talked to Skeeter many times over the years before she died of cancer in the early 2000s. 

But she was the most positive uplifting person in the world her whole life

Anyone who ever met her would have fallen in love with her.

Without Skeeter, there wouldn't have been another of my all time favorites Tammy Wynette.

(I love old country and the great thing is about those older stars, they treated fans like family, and remember you if you came back often (was it my NY accent?).

Lana's people should attempt to get her music to country artists or perhaps get a duet or two.  Ride could have been recorded by Johnny Cash or Merle Haggard

Would love to hear Dolly do a bluegrass version of one of her songs, or Emmylou Harris  (along with some of today's superstars).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

It was either Aviation or Serial Killer. I liked Video Games when it first came out but then when I heard Blue Jeans/Born to Die in early 12' I hated them, which is weird because I love them now. I stopped being interested in her after that until early 13' when I found Aviation and Serial Killer. Again stopped being interested in her until later that year when I finally listened to the rest of BTD and all her unreleased stuff like Mermaid Motel, Angels Forever etc and became a fan. Other than Sirens I think BTD is her best work so I have no idea why I hated it so much in the beginning.

Blue Jeans for me. Back in 2011, when Video Games came out, I didn't really care about Lana (in fact, I even found her kinda annoying because Video Games was on the radio way too often and I didn't like it at that time). Then I pretty much forgot about her until mid-2012, when Summertime Sadness became a radio hit and I liked it quite a lot, so I decided to give Lana another chance. Listened to Blue Jeans, fell in love with it, fell in love with the rest of the album and fell in love with Lana. Since then, she's my favorite singer.

:grinds:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Video Games. I checked it out after the whole SNL snafu happened and fell in love immediately. I will always remember the first time I heard it sitting outside on my porch at night by myself, it was so beautiful to me I almost cried lol.

The first song I heard by her was summertime sadness and national anthem. Soon after that I discovered a whole bunch of her songs because of remixes. Then I heard gods and monsters and instantly felt something ...something that I had never felt before with music. It was as if I was being enchanted. The way she sung that song is just amazing. I love its writing and the drums really add to its magical feeling. It was that moment I knew that lana's music is truely different from all the others. I felt like that song touched my soul.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m