GangstaBoy

Lana's Eli Roth Collaboration Surfaces; Marilyn Manson Denies Then Clarifies Involvement

oh my god people exaggerate so much, I really don't think anyone honestly feels this strongly about the images, they just want to be seen as some sort of anti-rape advocate. Being offended is a new trend in 2014. Get over it  :facepalm: You're not heroic for condemning this

+ I also think it was very stupid for them to take down their site and the video itself, you should stand by whatever you create. :crossed:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I haven't felt this genuinely uncomfortable looking at "art" since watching Requiem for a Dream. The raw anguish on her face made my stomach churn a little - which was likely the response they were going for with most people. I am a little calmer about it now that I've read some of the responses here because I feel like I understand more of what she was trying to do but I haven't sorted through all of my feelings on this yet. I don't have any desire to see the clip though, it just looks like too much for me.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

inb4 lorde's reaction :mj2:

And we'll never be raaaaaapists (raaaapists)...

The video isn't on vimeo anymore..  nor are the still shots of lana.. that sucks

:benmawson:

Wow. Ben and the PR teams of everyone else involved are working overtime on this. They're trying to bury this thing hard. (Will they ever learn? C'mon, it's the internet. :smh:) First Sturmgruppe took down the stills and video of this, now they've taken down all their content. :O

Manson's camp is denying this hard. The last line is completely laughable: "It must be a fan video splicing up old Manson video footage with someone else's Lana Del Rey footage." :usrs:

I think there's been a misunderstanding about the Marilyn thing, when Eli said in the interview he 'shot a video with Marilyn Manson and Lana Del Rey' he didn't really say anything indicating Marilyn was IN the video. I think it has more to do with the fact that he produced it since STURMGRUPPE is his production company...

Do we have proof of this? What do we know about Sturmgruppe? Otherwise the rest of the Manson denial (aside from the silly "fan video" bit) could be true. If we can link Manson to Sturmgruppe (and I mean more than just producing his videos, like ownership or more direct involvement) we can still link Sturmgruppe to posting the video. (I have a screenshot if the cached link expires.) Funny to see Manson actually wanting to distance himself from controversy though. :teehee:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Manson's nothing but a try hard. I have an interview with him from a black metal magazine where he tries to play up the idea that he's as one with the church burning, brain eating satanists. He's always been at the cutting edge of early eighties transgressive art.

Do we have proof of this? What do we know about Sturmgruppe? Otherwise the rest of the Manson denial (aside from the silly "fan video" bit) could be true. If we can link Manson to Sturmgruppe (and I mean more than just producing his videos, like ownership or more direct involvement) we can still link Sturmgruppe to posting the video. (I have a screenshot if the cached link expires.) Funny to see Manson actually wanting to distance himself from controversy though. :teehee:

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

There was a time when I got Lana, but I feel like I haven't any more for a long time. She keeps doing stupider and stupider shit with no artistic meaning whatsoever. Manson is old and bored and absinthe probably took some of his rational thinking, but at least at her age he was doing some really good stuff. 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

There was a time when I got Lana, but I feel like I haven't any more for a long time. She keeps doing stupider and stupider shit with no artistic meaning whatsoever. Manson is old and bored and absinthe probably took some of his rational thinking, but at least at her age he was doing some really good stuff. 

This is two years old :sadcore4:

Meh, whatever. It's crazy how this topic has exploded. Obviously those of you who are saying it glamorizes rape or is in bad taste are overlooking something.

NOBODY HYPED THIS UP. NOT LANA, NOT THE DIRECTOR.

The only reason people found it was because the director mentioned it briefly in an interview and crazy Lana fans scoured the internet for it.

As I said before.. This is JUST A VIDEO. Not real life, not a retelling of true events.

Sure it looks like she got raped... That was the point of the scene. The whole video is chaos and anarchy and all around bad things. So fucking what? People do this stuff in movies ALL THE TIME. It's just creative expression. Nothing about it glamorizes rape.

I'm sorry... Is this 1951?

Because the last I checked... two people consenting to portraying rape on film is NOT the same as rape occurring in real life and in no way immediately implies the endorsement OF rape from either party....

Have we really gotten to a place in culture where we cannot even show rape in film and have a DIALOGUE about it? Because if so, we are NO better off than we were in the 50s when there was no space in culture to address issues like this.  Art and media is a space where artists are supposed to be encouraged to portray the struggles of our life.... I'm confused by the offense people are taking with this. Did this 29 second clip in ANY way imply that what was occurring was okay? 

Also... This is not a REAL rape.

Also also... rape in film SHOULD make you uncomfortable. That is okay. That is normal. 

Lol.. Either side could say that...have you even read through this thread? It's just people over exaggerating on something that isn't true.

No, I prefer to just react to what I think people are saying. It saves time and mental effort.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

The ONLY thing I have found TRULY disturbing in this ENTIRE scenario are the reactions (not just here, but also twitter and tumblr) that say

"wow, I want to get raped now"

"wow, lana looks so fucking hot"

"Yas she looks incredible"
"this makes rape look hot" 
"this rape looks so *~*glamorous*~*" 

"wow, this is weird but Lana looks so good"

"Wow, I wish Eli Roth would rape me"
"wow I would fuck Eli Roth"
"wow I would fuck Lana"

"wow I wish I could rape Lana"

"wow I would love to recreate this scene with Lana"

"wow, I would love to recreate this scene with Eli" 

WHAT
WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

THESE REACTIONS MAKE ME WANT TO BREAK THE INTERNET.