GangstaBoy

Lana's Eli Roth Collaboration Surfaces; Marilyn Manson Denies Then Clarifies Involvement

There's no one to blame but Lana and Eli. They filmed it, they knew what they were doing, they wanted to do it.

Does it really matter if there's hidden context we don't know about? Rape is rape. Like I know Lana is our favorite, but you can't defend her without also thinking rape is something that's okay. She fucked up to be honest.

What? There are many films, books, etc. that touch on devastating subjects without endorsing them. Lana has given a voice for oppressed women through her work and I don't see how this video is any different. You can see the pain on the character played by Lana's face. 

Does it really matter if there's hidden context we don't know about? Rape is rape.

Yes, actually it does.

you can't defend her without also thinking rape is something that's okay

I'm saying that anybody who defends this is wrong because rape is always wrong.

okay so if people took it as glamorizing rape, then that's what it was meant to do.

None of these statements follow logically. It doesn't follow that because something is wrong it should not be depicted in art. That's absurd on its face. It also doesn't follow that someone's intention in doing something (or even their responsibility for doing something) can be ascertained by another's reaction to it. That's taking the whole "perception is reality" thing to absurd lengths.

As others sarcastically suggested:

So let's discuss every movie that has a rape scene in it. I think they should all be banned. :eyeroll:

No go on and drag every actress/actor that has been involved in a rape scene in a movie.

There's plenty of things in what little footage we've seen that suggest it might be problematic, but we just can't know for sure without more context. We don't have enough information yet.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Wow, I had seen a couple of screenshots about this video but thought that the said video wasn't available ! 

Man, I must have lived under a rock for the past few months ... 

I wonder if she'll let us know what it was meant to be ...

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Manson talks about this again in a recent interview. Well, actually he mentions Lana only once and doesn't say that much about the scandal but anyway...Maybe I also missed something (I only gave it a quick listen)

http://www.gigwise.com/videos/99341/marilyn-manson-pale-emperor-interview-on-lana-del-rey

He mentions her at about 3:45

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Manson talks about this again in a recent interview. Well, actually he mentions Lana only once and doesn't say that much about the scandal but anyway...Maybe I also missed something (I only gave it a quick listen)

http://www.gigwise.com/videos/99341/marilyn-manson-pale-emperor-interview-on-lana-del-rey

He mentions her at about 3:45

off topic but whenever you post I just stare at your icon. It's so amazing  :defeated:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

It didn't even glorify rape. It didn't say "Hey guys, look at how awesome this is! You should do it too!" Do you not see the fear and pain in her eyes? It doesn't condone or glorify rape. She didn't mess up.

Marilyn Manson was a psychopath and the stuff he did to Evan Rachel Wood and manipulated her mind was horrible. He manipulated her into a video that she didn't feel comfortable doing, which was a video of her having sex, but she felt Marilyn was raping her in the video, but she didn't say no. Sounds like he didn't get his way.