ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Just an opinion, one in the ocean of others: besides my wish for potential Lynchian dreamy, eerie, mysterious atmosphere of her HM music, it would be superhot if "Music To Watch Boys To" video would be steamy summer sexy sensual fiery debauched drama-romance which, in my fantasies, has something in common with "Domino Dancing" by Pet Shop Boys (I don't usually listen to them, but I don't mind hearing that song on the radio): sassy femme fatale that stirs spirits (phrase for stiring controversy in my country) in Puerto Rico, in a love triangle with young, Apolo-like boys that are wrestling in splashing and squirting sea shoal, and everything is blinded by sun and bathed in opulent lust, them fighting over her, but in Lana's case, she pushes into fight whole army of ardent greek gods, and the spectacle turns into homo, hetero and pansexual orgy of carved, sweaty, oily and wet bronze bodies in the golden and diamond flashlight of tropical paradise. I'm not saying the video should look like theirs, I just have that kind of vision of midsummer eyecandies, plot tension and pulsating voluptuousness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIjlyZyqnaw

:D

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

Apparently people are saying she was lip-syncing now :toofunny: omg the irony. Her vocals have improved, but as long as there are critics, she'll be picked on...

But honestly, I don't think the press is *that* bad. Everyone is overreacting.

The thing about festivals- you get a lot of biased opionated judgemental people (fans) of different bands all together in one place.

there were probably a ton of people there, who were not Lana fans at all..

Although, she has done big festivals in the past few years in other places, where I think she was well received in a huge way..

going to have to wait to get some first hand accounts from people whom were there..

one of the other issues with festivals is that musicians have to adapt to the festivals' sound system and sound engineers. when she is on HER tour, her and her team have more control and knowledge of the sound equipment since it is theirs. i wasnt there so i dont know, but this is something i've noticed when seeing bands on their own tours vs. seeing them at a festival - its harder to get the sound exactly the way the musicians prefer. 

Hello!! Okay so i was at governors ball, I waited from the minute the gates opened at barricade for Lana and the stage was having problems all day, a-trak's set was shut down in the middle bc of technically difficulties and he resumed 10 minutes later, I think Lana was mad about that, and scared that it might happen to her? I don't know. She started tearing up at one point it looked like she was about to cry, she also skipped Do Right and Us Against the world, but she ended her set early, she did them in atlantic city when i saw her there the night before. Regardless it still was a really great show she sounded amazing from the front but i have no idea about what was happening with the people in the back, I'm really happy and greatful i got to see her twice this weekend. :)

I was in the second row in the VIP section and I could hear her fine throughout the show. There were a couple times where her voice seemed to get drowned out and the recordings on my cell phone don't do justice at all to how I was hearing her, but for the most part I didn't have issues. A friend of mine who wasn't VIP was towards the back and said the sound quality was horrible so she left halfway through to see The Black Keys. It was clear that the problems were from technical difficulties though.