ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I wouldn't mind Lana doing something for Apple Music's launch tbh. It would really boost her, no matter how lazy this bitch is.

lABVyGE.png

I wouldn't mind Lana doing something for Apple Music's launch tbh. It would really boost her, no matter how lazy this bitch is.

I hope this bitch's label is at least smart enough to capitalize on her streaming power with an Apple Music song premiere next week.

Honestly, she just has go-to words and phrases that include talking about how beautiful something/someone is, and also how blue something/someone is.

I pray for the day she writes something about " You're so dark dark blue boy but I'm red like fire, like my red party dress on fire baby we're on fiiiiire"

because then maybe that dress will actually be metaphorically burned and unusable.

She also says Life Is Beautiful in 'Without You', it must be one of her phrases she likes to use.

I enjoy that she has these phrases though, It makes it nice that she has a 'thing' that carries on from song to song and with each album.

qsVmBMd.png

I hope this bitch's label is at least smart enough to capitalize on her streaming power with an Apple Music song premiere next week.

Exactly.

lABVyGE.png

Lana working with apple would make real business sense for both parties.Can you imagine how great it would be for Lana promo wise if one of her singles where chosen to promote Apple's new music service.  All those Apple TV adverts playing her latest single in the background  :oprah2:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I enjoy that she has these phrases though, It makes it nice that she has a 'thing' that carries on from song to song and with each album.

not too much though - i will probably cry if honeymoon's lyrical content is basically life being beautiful when her occasionally abusive sugar daddy takes her body downtown in the pale moonlight on Château Marmont while shes in her red party dress and high heels and feeling fucking crazy

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Am I the only excited about Nowels as the main producer? Lana so far has worked with producers who have their own style and identity ( which is not a bad thing at all because we have 3 albuns different from each other), but Nowels productions are quite simple. I think  we're finally gonna hear Lana's vision of her own songs, she seems much more in control this time around.

Am I the only excited about Nowels as the main producer? Lana so far has worked with producers who have their own style and identity ( which is not a bad thing at all because we have 3 albuns different from each other), but Nowels productions are quite simple. I think  we're finally gonna hear Lana's vision of her own songs, she seems much more in control this time around.

I'm sort of afraid that the songs he produced won't have any "fire," though. They're pretty, but he can tend to get a bit bland.

I'm sort of afraid that the songs he produced won't have any "fire," though. They're pretty, but he can tend to get a bit bland.

You say Rick Nowels is bland, but praise Dan Auerbach...

image.png

You say Rick Nowels is bland, but praise Dan Auerbach...

auerbach isn't bland imo he just isn't versatile and can't really break out from his signature style

ultraviolence has fire but it got repetitive, at least that's how i see it.

RVhKIwP.gif

It will put much more responsibility on Lana's ability as songwriter and vocalist though. If we analyze Ultraviolence I don't think the album would be as successful without Dan's production - her songwriting wasn't that strong to carry the whole record. What I like about Nowels is that as a songwriter  he always  put focus on a good melody, a clean voice on studio and there isn't much going on with his productions.