ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I hope to god we don't get four tracks produced by Daniel Heath. He's good for the token orchestral track, but...

He produced Body Electric, Yayo, Bel Air, and Old Money. & I love all of those songs so I would be open arms for Heath. 

What I'm not open for is for Mark Ronson. She needs to stick to 3 producers max tbh, if she has like 6 producers the record is gonna be all kinds of mess and isn't going to sound cohesive. Anyways, lana knows what she's doing and has never disappointed with an album so I'm not worrying about it.

Demos_copy.png

He produced Body Electric, Yayo, Bel Air, and Old Money. & I love all of those songs so I would be open arms for Heath.

What I'm not open for is for Mark Ronson. She needs to stick to 3 producers max tbh, if she has like 6 producers the record is gonna be all kinds of mess and isn't going to sound cohesive. Anyways, lana knows what she's doing and has never disappointed with an album so I'm not worrying about it.

Exactly. He messed up Yayo and didn't do Body Electric justice. Bel Air and Old Money are his stand-out tracks. The latter was the only one he produced on UV, so it didn't feel excessive. .

Ronson's vintage, bluesy sound is a perfect fit for Lana, IMO. I love his work with Amy and a few rock bands.

Ronson's vintage, bluesy sound is a perfect fit for Lana, IMO. I love his work with Amy and a few rock bands.

I love his work with Amy, B2B is one of my favorite albums. But Ronson works predominately with males, idk i just don't think he could work with Lana's voice well. I guess we'll see, if she does choose to include the songs they work on together in the album.

Demos_copy.png

I'm really not into jazz music, but I guess Lana will change my mind.. We'll see.. Any news about single/release date/anything??

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

So hyped up, do you guys think we're gonna get more info soon? Lana's not the type to work slow if she said she already has certain parts of the album done but.

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

I hope Emile won't ruin this with his stuck-up producing. Don't get me wrong, I love what he did with BtD (apart from LO and Lolita, for which I would still love to slap him in the face) but other projects he produced and his own album prove that he seems to only be capable of doing one sound ...

I'm excited to see how the Ronson collab will turn out, and I hope for Rick Nowels to return ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Am I the only one excited to find out what Emile and Mark will bring to the table? I love both of them and I think Honeymoon has the potential to be a FANTASTIC album!

Yeah I'm happy she's trying something new, she done it with Ultraviolence and done an amazing job. I'm excited to hear this next record, especially since she said it's similar to BTD/Paradise and more noirish, ugh I hope she spills more tea soon!

I'm so excited to have someone completely new to produce for Lana whilst also having the producers we know and love since BTD. I hope the Matt Bellamy rumour is true too.

Not that happy about Bellamy's involvement but i just hope the album's pretty good.

But knowing Lana, i know she won't disappoint, I know who i stan :lanahairflip:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

I'm just so confused...

It's like he mentions it, then distances himself, mentions it , then denies it...

Now there's some demos! ...now there's not....
.....just kidding there is, I worked on them!
.....but not on the album though, nope.

Someone NEW produce me a Lana single and put me out of my misery. 

(Mark Ronson i'm looking at you and i'm saying: You can give me the Amy Winehouse inspired Lana sound that I am craving -- do it)

:runs: