ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

WISH THESE SONGS HAD NEVER LEAKED AND WERE OFFICIALY RELEASED IN THE HONEYMOON ALBUM :'(

1. QUEEN OF DISASTER

2. HOLLYWOOD'S DEAD

3. VELVET CROWBAR

4. SERIAL KILLER

5. BECAUSE OF YOU

THESE SONGS WUD HAVE BEEN JUST SO DAMN PERFECT 4 HONEYMOON, IT MAKES ME SUPER SAD THAT THEY MIGHT NEVER GET RELEASED ON HER ALBUM!!!

WISH THESE SONGS HAD NEVER LEAKED AND WERE OFFICIALY RELEASED IN THE HONEYMOON ALBUM :'(

1. QUEEN OF DISASTER

2. HOLLYWOOD'S DEAD

3. VELVET CROWBAR

4. SERIAL KILLER

5. BECAUSE OF YOU

THESE SONGS WUD HAVE BEEN JUST SO DAMN PERFECT 4 HONEYMOON, IT MAKES ME SUPER SAD THAT THEY MIGHT NEVER GET RELEASED ON HER ALBUM!!!

91sn32Q.jpg

1. QUEEN OF DISASTER

2. HOLLYWOOD'S DEAD

3. VELVET CROWBAR

4. SERIAL KILLER

5. BECAUSE OF YOU

:thumb3:  :thumb2:  :thumb:

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

1. QUEEN OF DISASTER

2. HOLLYWOOD'S DEAD

3. VELVET CROWBAR

4. SERIAL KILLER

5. BECAUSE OF YOU

Yes but we have these songs, Honeymoon will have new songs- I'd rather that than have a rehash of something I've heard before.

Why would she recycle material that's been leaked for almost 3 years now, is nothing like her current sound, and was probably forced on her by label execs? So fucked up how some of you would prefer a rehash of old songs over entirely new tracks.

VyIsfwC.jpg

Why would she recycle material that's been leaked for almost 3 years now, is nothing like her current sound, and was probably forced on her by label execs? So fucked up how some of you would prefer a rehash of old songs over entirely new tracks.

I would love to hear some of her grittiest laptop demos fully fleshed out into a beautiful Lana ~soundscape~ ~~sonically~~ tho! But I do agree generally for the songs that are basically final, finished versions.

Daytona Meth cleaned up and re-recorded though.. I'd die. Put Your Lips Together, You're Gonna Love Me... I'd love to hear those kind of Lana songs revisited for future works, if they fit her theme of course. :)

14417469274.gif

I would love to hear some of her grittiest laptop demos fully fleshed out into a beautiful Lana ~soundscape~ ~~sonically~~ tho! But I do agree generally for the songs that are basically final, finished versions.

Daytona Meth cleaned up and re-recorded though.. I'd die. Put Your Lips Together, You're Gonna Love Me... I'd love to hear those kind of Lana songs revisited for future works, if they fit her theme of course. :)

Ofc, all those songs are precious and represent her well as an artist- I just don't understand why people expect her to reuse or incorporate old material like Serial Killer or GGD. They're all great *pop songs, but that's not the direction she's going in and they certainly don't fit in w a Lucy in the sky type of surrealism she's mentioned! lmao

VyIsfwC.jpg

Yes but we have these songs, Honeymoon will have new songs- I'd rather that than have a rehash of something I've heard before.

I agree with ur POV . All I'm saying is that I wish those songs hadn't leaked in the first place and that it would have been amazing to hear them on her album.

I hope there's at least one song like Summertime Sadness or Born to Die that will do well commercially. Of course I don't want Lana to make a full album of bops, because I love her more experimental stuff, but a few like Summertime Sadness or Florida Kilos wouldn't go amiss. Having at least one popular single would also help promote the album and get Lana more attention. 

in b4 y'all yell at me for sharing my opinion

I hope there's at least one song like Summertime Sadness or Born to Die that will do well commercially. Of course I don't want Lana to make a full album of bops, because I love her more experimental stuff, but a few like Summertime Sadness or Florida Kilos wouldn't go amiss. Having at least one popular single would also help promote the album and get Lana more attention. 

in b4 y'all yell at me for sharing my opinion

Yes I agree, or she should promote it better. Better videos, more interviews and TV appearances etc.

I don't exactly expect her to rehash old stuff, and I'd obviously much rather have new songs and probably would be slightly disappointed if she actually reused stuff, especially knowing how productive she can be, but in the very unlikely case she feels the need to reuse previous songs to fit a particular mood or mindset, which Lana being Lana is not COMPLETELY impossible and could in fact be more interesting if we're talking about her ""artistic vision"", I wouldn't mind it, especially if it's songs I know I love already. It would just get them be more known. And I agree with Hundred Dollar Bill, I'd gladly give a kidney and five years of consciousness for a clear studio version of YGLM and some others, even though I suspect that part of the beauty of the songs are their raw roughness. And she did mentioned Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, but as it has been brought already, we never can be sure of what to expect haha. Who knows what that means in her head. In any way, I'm dying of excitement and I really hope she does promo  :icant:

ZKcaooE.png

i want her to DITCH the themes of before ("im in love with a bad guy" / "love sucks" / "i got hurt but i love you still") and give us some NEW themes. even if you disregard her unreleased stuff, the themes of her released material (BTD, P & UV) is sadly not very diverse thematically. there are moments where she diverges from this (NA, Radio, FMWUTTT, MPG, FK), but i want her to completely leave the themes of previous behind, or at least write about them in a new way. that's why i love WC so much - she touches on similar stuff as before, but in a new way; the "Queen of Saigon" reference is still there, for example, but she sings about it differently.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i want her to DITCH the themes of before ("im in love with a bad guy" / "love sucks" / "i got hurt but i love you still") and give us some NEW themes. even if you disregard her unreleased stuff, the themes of her released material (BTD, P & UV) is sadly not very diverse thematically. there are moments where she diverges from this (NA, Radio, FMWUTTT, MPG, FK), but i want her to completely leave the themes of previous behind, or at least write about them in a new way. that's why i love WC so much - she touches on similar stuff as before, but in a new way; the "Queen of Saigon" reference is still there, for example, but she sings about it differently.

This.

She does the sad girl theme so well, but I love when she just has fun with songs like Off to the Races, Cola, West Coast, Florida Kilos etc. I want more of that! :thirst:

This.

She does the sad girl theme so well, but I love when she just has fun with songs like Off to the Races, Cola, West Coast, Florida Kilos etc. I want more of that! :thirst:

I Don't want these Kind of songs, but I think we'll get some of These because she said that she wants to make "fun" songs, because she loves to write at night when it's hot. Ultraviolence will forever be her Best album! I don't think that Honeymoon can beat this.

Mfhp.gif

OMG this girl has totally copied Lana !!! It's fucking crazy!!! But the song is insanely catchy lool

http://genius.com/Chloe-black-27-club-lyrics

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/chloe-black-27-club-interview

How do you feel about the comparisons to singers like Amy Winehouse and Lana Del Rey? 
They’re people that I like, and they’re big influences. I mean, especially Amy Winehouse. She’s really incredible. And Lana’s probably one of the greatest lyricists we’ve had in a long time. I guess what I share in common with those girls is that I’m very nostalgic and that I sort of romanticize any era except my own. The other times were so much more glamorous, and I’m kind of like a female drag queen. I love dressing up.