ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Idk why but her calling it future retro (in case the statement is even real) gives me hope the album cover will have a similar visual ~aesthetic~ as the Endless Summer Tour posters, I'd just love that cause it was such a new and fresh look for her

kySyfQZ.jpg

she could have just meant  "futureretro" as a more hip term for neoclassical, which is essentially putting a modern spin on old forms

the instagram interaction: I wish I knew which word she left the "s" off in the quote: "I have two beautiful video shot already". It's more reasonable that she left it off the word "shot", which implies there is one video and it's in progress.

a website that is the source of the interaction?:

Omfg now I'm even more hyped!! I'M SO FUCKING THIRSTY!! LANA GIVE IT TO US  :party:   :worship:   :icant:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

UV was probably 'future jazz' before she teamed up with Dan Auerbach and changed it up in those sessions. Since she's been working with Ronson for a while it's likely HM will be closer to what she's describing now.

SO EXCITE! :grinds:

i really wouldn't put much faith at all into this futureretro thing, we all know how bad Lana is at describing things. i'm sure we all remember that interview before UV was released where she said the album was going to sound like the colour blue. blue. a colour. literally.

RVhKIwP.gif

All this future-retro thing is sorta confusing, wonder how much jazz there's in the album and how do both themes (so to speak) tie in with the orchestral grunge she mentioned... I'm honestly intrigued and more than happy about the two videos

:party:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

i really wouldn't put much faith at all into this futureretro thing, we all know how bad Lana is at describing things. i'm sure we all remember that interview before UV was released where she said the album was going to sound like the colour blue. blue. a colour. literally.

Blue is the best description of Ultraviolence imho

I get what you are saying, but there are actually quite a few people who can 'hear colours'. To be honest, I honestly think that UV sounds blue *pleasedonthitme*  :ohno:

or when she said it would be "so dark it's almost unlistenable" ... :brows3:

i think by futureretro she means that itll be like 1970s-1980s neon signs and smooth glossy cars and spaceships... maybe a little disco since she does have mark ronson as a producer

I love how she describes her music. Hollywood sadcore is perfect for BTD, for example. Springsteen in Miami is also really interesting. AKA she wanted to sound like " a sad party" which really captures the sound of the album for me.

Ultraviolence description of "too dark" is also on point. That record is full of raw emotions and really, really depressing. Her other albums had some songs to balance but UV goes deeper in her darkest feelings and it doesn't offer any kind of hope but only resignation. I can't really listen the whole record everyday because it's a emotional rollercoaster

i love her descriptions too and i think they're perfect for the most part (particularly surf noir, hollywood sadcore, and hawaiian glam metal) but i think some of them are just less about trying to relay a sound to the reader as much as they are about transcribing really personal (and esoteric) connections she's made in her own mind 

like UV might totally be "blue" to her but none of us could physically, possibly know that for sure since everyone has their own unique set of perceptions 

ZRBNill.jpg