ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Life Is Beautiful is better than Honeymoon (judging from snippets)

LIB actually sounds like a proper song...unlike the other. Mess.

"A true revolutionary is guided by great feelings of love." - Che Guevara

How many female artists (besides Lana's Honeymoon) are dropping albums by the end of this summer?

The world is a big place, and i'm sure there is room for everyone, and fans for everyone, but i wonder with all the many 

artists we have including hot up and comers, that if the proverbial piece of pie is getting smaller or harder to attain?

If you were an artist releasing an album say this august/sept,. what would be your concerns? hmmm..

music biz is changing.. so many artists out there now with similar styles and sounds, i guess promo really is important.. :popcorn:

How many female artists (besides Lana's Honeymoon) are dropping albums by the end of this summer?

The world is a big place, and i'm sure there is room for everyone, and fans for everyone, but i wonder with all the many

artists we have including hot up and comers, that if the proverbial piece of pie is getting smaller or harder to attain?

If you were an artist releasing an album say this august/sept,. what would be your concerns? hmmm..

music biz is changing.. so many artists out there now with similar styles and sounds, i guess promo really is important.. :popcorn:

I know Halsey and Melanie Martinez are releasing albums in August, but I wouldn't consider them harmful to Lana's sales

I know Halsey and Melanie Martinez are releasing albums in August, but I wouldn't consider them harmful to Lana's sales

Yes, Halsey's really coming along in popularity, her story is quite unique compared to many other artists, whom struggle for years..but

also Selena- people are talking about alot..I personally have not heard of any of her music..LOL.. she might be great, but i thought she was

just Biebs girflriend.. don't really follow any of that to be honest.. and obviously ima clued out to some of these 'newer' artists, but others are releasing as well..

I think its good for Lana to have all kinds of fans. (Not just the hardcore stans), because, she will reach a lot more people that way possibly.

For me, IMO i think she may have reached her peak, and now its just maintaining it. Whatever happens going forward, she has some of the best songs

(songwriting as well as singing), ever to exist in the music world. But there are many..  :)

Life Is Beautiful is better than Honeymoon (judging from snippets)

This!! And you bitches shut up... You'll bow down to LiB, if we ever get to hear it

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

lol and the whole album would've been uploaded eventually, so its probably best those tracks leaked when they did

Doubtful. Rick only uploaded songs he worked on and he only worked on 6/15 tracks on UV. So unless the leaks affected the number of songs he was involved with in some way (which is possible but there's no evidence for it), this just isn't at all likely. Is is much more likely that demo versions of the songs he did work on and perhaps other songs that did not make the album would have appeared on his site had the leaks not occurred when they did. There would possibly be a bunch of Honeymoon material on there now.

This should be the first cardinal rule of leaking: Don't leak if waiting to leak could mean more material in the long run.

I don't think Ultraviolence as we know it would have existed if those tracks hadn't leaked. We'd have gotten a more Paradise-ish second album instead that would have had those songs and maybe more that we don't know of. I don't even think the album that she had planned with those songs would have even been called "Ultraviolence".

Ultraviolence would probably sound the same if the Rick Nowels leaks hadn't happened. Didn't she switch producers because Emile wasn't ready to work on music other than his own?

These are two sides of a really interesting question we may never know the answer to: Did the leaks ultimately impact the album, and if so, in what ways? Before the leaks it seems she had a different sounding album in mind centered around "Black Beauty", relegated to bonus track status in the end. Her conception of the album radically changed anyway after meeting Dan Auerbach and working with him, but would that even have happenened if not for the leaks?

I just looked into it, yeah I had my timeframes wrong. Most were recorded in 2013, so after paradise.

Nah, "Hollywood", "Starry Eyed", JFK and the previously leaked IDWG/"Tonight"/"Black Leather Moonlight" were all uploaded on December 6, 2012 along with Paradise tracks Rick worked on. That's why some people infer that they were Paradise outtakes, but we really don't know. (FWIW, he uploaded copies of the BTD tracks he worked on 6 days later. The Y&B demo was also uploaded in December 2012, but I'm not exactly sure when.) AFFA and "Black Beauty" were uploaded in June 2013.

2. Wasn't the "Untouchable 5" meant to be for paradise?

They leaked sometime that summer, I think July 2013 and after that she said she didn't know what to put on the record anymore because of the leaks in an interview, implying the leaked songs were intended for her second album. 

EDIT: Here's an article: http://www.nme.com/news/lana-del-rey/72087

i read that JFK, Hollywood and Starry Eyed were from paradise , AFFA and BB were from Uv

Just curious, where did you read it? Just the way she worded it made it sound like all 5 were for the album but I'm really open to more info because like I said before, I'm really curious about the circumstances around these songs and what their intended fate was.

here lol i dont remember the thread tho but people kept saying those 3 were paradise outtakes

The upload date information does seem to indicate, though not conclusively, in the direction of JFK, "Hollywood", and "Starry Eyed" being recorded around the same time as tracks used on Paradise. On the other hand, though she had previously mentioned only "Black Beauty" specifically as being on the album and talked about how she planned to center it around it, phrases from that interview like "my record got leaked last week", "some of them weren't [from earlier in her career]", "I don't really know what to put on the record", and "I guess I could just put them on and see what happens" certainly seem to suggest she was considering using several of the leaked songs on the album. Maybe the plural "them" refers to just the later two songs, AFFA & "Black Beauty", but it sounds like more than that to me. Then again, maybe both sides are right. Maybe some of these tracks were recorded for Paradise and left off, but she intended to use them on UV (a possibility I warned about before the leaks). Or maybe some were recorded without any specific intentions for use at all. We'll never really know until Lana or Rick say so.

Off topic of our already off topic conversation, but something just struck me in another quote from that interview: "To be honest, what really happened was, three years ago somebody remotely accessed my hard drive, so even songs I’ve never emailed to myself [were accessed],” she explained. "There are hundreds of them." This sort of implies she understands she's been hacked at least twice, doesn't it? It suggests people hacked her e-mail and grabbed tracks she e-mailed herself and that her hard drive was also hacked separately. I already assumed as much, but there's something depressing about seeing her confirm that assumption, or at least imply confirmation. Damn. People suck.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Off topic of our already off topic conversation, but something just struck me in another quote from that interview: "To be honest, what really happened was, three years ago somebody remotely accessed my hard drive, so even songs I’ve never emailed to myself [were accessed],” she explained. "There are hundreds of them." This sort of implies she understands she's been hacked at least twice, doesn't it? It suggests people hacked her e-mail and grabbed tracks she e-mailed herself and that her hard drive was also hacked separately. I already assumed as much, but there's something depressing about seeing her confirm that assumption, or at least imply confirmation. Damn. People suck.

but what time did the alleged hard drive hack happen? 2010?

how the fuck did anyone even know she happened to have several albums worth of material on the hard drive...I find it hard to believe that it wasn't *someone* that worked with her previously. I mean she wasn't anyone big whatsoever at the time. What did they gain from the hack

So many questions I'd like to ask her :oprah:

BzhmW.png

Doubtful. Rick only uploaded songs he worked on and he only worked on 6/15 tracks on UV. So unless the leaks affected the number of songs he was involved with in some way (which is possible but there's no evidence for it), this just isn't at all likely. Is is much more likely that demo versions of the songs he did work on and perhaps other songs that did not make the album would have appeared on his site had the leaks not occurred when they did. There would possibly be a bunch of Honeymoon material on there now.

This should be the first cardinal rule of leaking: Don't leak if waiting to leak could mean more material in the long run.

These are two sides of a really interesting question we may never know the answer to: Did the leaks ultimately impact the album, and if so, in what ways? Before the leaks it seems she had a different sounding album in mind centered around "Black Beauty", relegated to bonus track status in the end. Her conception of the album radically changed anyway after meeting Dan Auerbach and working with him, but would that even have happenened if not for the leaks?

Nah, "Hollywood", "Starry Eyed", JFK and the previously leaked IDWG/"Tonight"/"Black Leather Moonlight" were all uploaded on December 6, 2012 along with Paradise tracks Rick worked on. That's why some people infer that they were Paradise outtakes, but we really don't know. (FWIW, he uploaded copies of the BTD tracks he worked on 6 days later. The Y&B demo was also uploaded in December 2012, but I'm not exactly sure when.) AFFA and "Black Beauty" were uploaded in June 2013.

The upload date information does seem to indicate, though not conclusively, in the direction of JFK, "Hollywood", and "Starry Eyed" being recorded around the same time as tracks used on Paradise. On the other hand, though she had previously mentioned only "Black Beauty" specifically as being on the album and talked about how she planned to center it around it, phrases from that interview like "my record got leaked last week", "some of them weren't [from earlier in her career]", "I don't really know what to put on the record", and "I guess I could just put them on and see what happens" certainly seem to suggest she was considering using several of the leaked songs on the album. Maybe the plural "them" refers to just the later two songs, AFFA & "Black Beauty", but it sounds like more than that to me. Then again, maybe both sides are right. Maybe some of these tracks were recorded for Paradise and left off, but she intended to use them on UV (a possibility I warned about before the leaks). Or maybe some were recorded without any specific intentions for use at all. We'll never really know until Lana or Rick say so.

i email myself with archives lmfao for the uni or i talk myself on facebook with links when im on my phone and see something and  need to open it later on my computer

Yeah the timing of the hacks always seemed strange/curious to me. Wasn't it supposedly before she was really relevant? Maybe it was right after she got the Interscope deal and someone took the chance to hack an up and coming potential "diva" artist. Who knows

tZ7WN4B.gif

but what time did the alleged hard drive hack happen? 2010?

how the fuck did anyone even know she happened to have several albums worth of material on the hard drive...I find it hard to believe that it wasn't *someone* that worked with her previously. I mean she wasn't anyone big whatsoever at the time. What did they gain from the hack

Yeah the timing of the hacks always seemed strange/curious to me. Wasn't it supposedly before she was really relevant? Maybe it was right after she got the Interscope deal and someone took the chance to hack an up and coming potential "diva" artist. Who knows

That interview was mid-2013 and she said "three years ago somebody remotely accessed my hard drive" which if taken literally would be 2010. Lana's not always reliable with timelines, but I can think of a possibility that would fit this timeline perfectly: a certain former Lana fan site operator arrested by the FBI for allegedly hacking another artist and who supposedly interviewed her in 2010. To be clear, this should not be interpreted as an accusation, merely an observation that a hypothetical scenario would be consistent with a certain timeline. That said, if someone was ethically capable of hacking one relatively obscure artist, it is not inconceivable that hacking artists might be such a person's general M.O. and they might hack even an artist that was almost completely unknown at the time on the chance that they would become well-known, or even just because they really liked their music.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Lana should drop honeymoon in celebration of the legalization of Same-sex marriage in the US  :hooker:

***Hennymoon feat Stacy Layne Bryant Matthews Lattisaw Q from Back Swamp, North Carolina

BzhmW.png