ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

This song is giving me serious Mulholland Dr score vibes :oprah:

Now I see what she meant with the surrealist, film noir references

This. It also gave me Black Lake vibes 

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

Which poses an interesting hypothetical: Could you have waited a couple more years for those tracks if it meant more Lana leaks in the future?

or even if the outcome of UV was different, she may have released all of them on the record and that might've drastically changed the course of the last year and a half

BzhmW.png

Hoping it comes on the 30th with Apple Music, tbh, and it would make sense because it's two weeks after snippet??? :biblio:  :toofunny:

I second this emotion, it will be a late b day present for me, gimme gimme :P

or even if the outcome of UV was different, she may have released all of them on the record and that might've drastically changed the course of the last year and a half

Yes, this. I don't think Ultraviolence as we know it would have existed if those tracks hadn't leaked. We'd have gotten a more Paradise-ish second album instead that would have had those songs and maybe more that we don't know of. I don't even think the album that she had planned with those songs would have even been called "Ultraviolence". I have nothing to back this up, obviously, but we do know those songs were intended for an album and we do know that they have a cohesiveness among them that doesn't match up with any songs that ended up on Ultraviolence which makes me think her initial direction for her second album was much different before the leak. She even described the second album as more spiritual lyrically, which matches the lyrics of those songs but obviously doesn't for the ones that ended up on Ultraviolence.

Sorry this is so wordy. Like I said before, I think about those songs a lot and why they never made it on an album and what an album of similar songs would have been like because they are the exact kind of music I always wanted from Lana. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Ultraviolence would probably sound the same if the Rick Nowels leaks hadn't happened. Didn't she switch producers because Emile wasn't ready to work on music other than his own?

Ultraviolence would probably sound the same if the Rick Nowels leaks hadn't happened. Didn't she switch producers because Emile wasn't ready to work on music other than his own?

yes and because he met dan

1. I thought Nowels was the original producer of Ultraviolence right...?

2. Wasn't the "Untouchable 5" meant to be for paradise?

I don't think so. She had been talking about her new album in January of 2013. They leaked sometime that summer, I think July 2013 and after that she said she didn't know what to put on the record anymore because of the leaks in an interview, implying the leaked songs were intended for her second album. 

EDIT: Here's an article: http://www.nme.com/news/lana-del-rey/72087

On the topic of Honeymoon, one thing I do love from these snippets is the aesthetic she's putting out. I also am very hopeful for the song, I think it'll be lovely based on what we have. Lana always has a way of pulling through.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I don't think so. She had been talking about her new album in January of 2013. They leaked sometime that summer, I think July 2013 and after that she said she didn't know what to put on the record anymore because of the leaks in an interview, implying the leaked songs were intended for her second album. 

On the topic of Honeymoon, one thing I do love from these snippets is the aesthetic she's putting out. I also am very hopeful for the song, I think it'll be lovely based on what we have. Lana always has a way of pulling through.

I just looked into it, yeah I had my timeframes wrong. Most were recorded in 2013, so after paradise.

Demos_copy.png

i read that JFK, Hollywood and Starry Eyed were from paradise , AFFA and BB were from Uv