ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I just had an idea. Wouldn't it be cool if Honeymoon was the first track on the album and Life Is Beautiful was the last. The album would open with "Dreaming away your life" and close with "Don't be that way, don't you pretend you're not awake" and then the 12 songs in between could be totally surrealist and dreamlike.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I was actually thinking about the Life is Beautiful lyrics the other day and how they're connected to that Age of Adeline movie and I think it's actually about her lover being dead but Lana being unable to accept it. Here's the first set of lyrics we hear

Don't be that way
Don't you pretend
You're not away
Your souls on fire
I don't believe
This is the end

To me, it seems like she's trying to convince her lover to wake up and not be dead. She's saying that he's not away, and that his soul is still on fire. She can't believe this is the end (of their life together, since he's now dead). 

I think if Honeymoon is actually a dream sequence like some have theorized it might start with Honeymoon and end with Life is Beautiful, which is where the album-long dream of still being with her loved one shatters because she can no longer convince him that life is beautiful and to stay alive (a pipe dream) because he's already dead. 

I just had an idea. Wouldn't it be cool if Honeymoon was the first track on the album and Life Is Beautiful was the last. The album would open with "Dreaming away your life" and close with "Don't be that way, don't you pretend you're not awake" and then the 12 songs in between could be totally surrealist and dreamlike.

I was actually thinking about the Life is Beautiful lyrics the other day and how they're connected to that Age of Adeline movie and I think it's actually about her lover being dead but Lana being unable to accept it. Here's the first set of lyrics we hear

Don't be that way

Don't you pretend

You're not away

Your souls on fire

I don't believe

This is the end

To me, it seems like she's trying to convince her lover to wake up and not be dead. She's saying that he's not away, and that his soul is still on fire. She can't believe this is the end (of their life together, since he's now dead). 

I think if Honeymoon is actually a dream sequence like some have theorized it might start with Honeymoon and end with Life is Beautiful, which is where the album-long dream of still being with her loved one shatters because she can no longer convince him that life is beautiful and to stay alive (a pipe dream) because he's already dead. 

oh my fucking god this makes me think this may happen :defeated: I FUCKING HOPE SO :oprah:

I'm probably reaching here but I was watching this video of Pamela Courson and I noticed a vague similarity to the video of Lana we see in the Honeymoon audio video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GYhKGn9Zkw

Plus the photo of Lana and Neil that was recently posted reminded me of some of the photos of Pamela and Jim, for example this one

tumblr_m81wlfEe8M1raa7ezo1_1280.png

Like I said, I'm probably reaching :smokes3:

I actually feel the opposite. Honeymoon sounds like a closer. 

in retrospect, The Other Woman doesn't fit UV either, yet Lana made it work.

It fits Sad Girl and Shades Of Cool, and by this it also fits the story which involves Cruel World and Pretty When You Cry.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The Other Woman is too jazzy and her voice is really edited while the rest of UV is jazz inspired, i think thats what they meant by it not fitting

^^

No one really knows what the content of the album is going to be. I mean ok she did say the Honeymoon was the intro because its a song that has the album theme within it, but this is Lana, I doubt she is going to keep the album to one particular style of writing etc. All her albums have variation in some form, I think she will always write about bad boys, that's just her thing, but she has variation on all her albums, and someone mentioned Black Beauty, that for me is another strong theme she has as well. 

Personally I love Honeymoon but I highly doubt the album is going to be full of 5 minute+ songs that are super slow and are about bad boys. I'm sure there will be some variation. 

qsVmBMd.png

She always has a song or two that aren't about love, like in BTD she had Radio, Carmen, and TIWMUG. In Paradise she had Ride and G&M. In UV she had MPG and FMWUTTT. So I think she'll have two or three songs about something else

smile.gif

I'm probably reaching here but I was watching this video of Pamela Courson and I noticed a vague similarity to the video of Lana we see in the Honeymoon audio video

Plus the photo of Lana and Neil that was recently posted reminded me of some of the photos of Pamela and Jim, for example this one

.. honey.. you aren't even reaching very far.. i see it too

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

thats not that much of a reach

the bad boy songs are so boring now...like how many different ways can she say "he's so wrong but I luv him anyway"

I mean most artists have a certain thing that they sing about constantly. Especially when it comes to love and sex. Lana's thing is about bad boys and old men and feeling lonely while you drink whiskey.

149o3h3.jpg

Lana's thing is about bad boys and old men and feeling lonely while you drink whiskey.

i get the feeling that its not actually her thing, as much as it is another attractive trope for her to idealize. i mean, neither barrie or francesco seem like "bad boys" in the slightest, and barrie is actually younger than her, while francesco is like a year older. i doubt she even drinks (or drank) whiskey; its just another sinatra-esque symbol for her to toss out every now and then 

i'm not saying that she's being ~inauthentic~ i just think she's prone to fantasy (which is fine ... but she should expand on them a bit)  

ZRBNill.jpg

i get the feeling that its not actually her thing, as much as it is another attractive trope for her to idealize. i mean, neither barrie or francesco seem like "bad boys" in the slightest, and barrie is actually younger than her, while francesco is like a year older. i doubt she even drinks (or drank) whiskey; its just another sinatra-esque symbol for her to toss out every now and then 

i'm not saying that she's being ~inauthentic~ i just think she's prone to fantasy (which is fine ... but she should expand on them a bit)  

Yes agree totally, I think you are very right.. and with that, she could write about anything and lots of things..