ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

But why ruin the wait ... does not exist the saying "to await a pleasure, is itself a pleasure"?

Anyway I can not give up, I have to listen to the song :defeated:

The only major thing I'm not loving about this era so far is some of the awful lyrics (the choruses of both Honeymoon & HBTB are probably some of the worst lyrics Lana's ever written). I'm also struggling to understand what the fuck HBTB is actually about? Like, from what I can grasp she says "fuck you" to her lover and leaves him to get high on the beach, which is so random. I also don't like the production for the last 10 seconds or so, I wish it ended a bit better.

Unfortunately, nothing from the Honeymoon era has been as iconic or snatched my weave like West Coast did, but despite that, I'm loving everything we've gotten so far and I cannot wait for the remainder of the album. Lana has never disappointed thus far with her works, and I really can't see Honeymoon being an exception at this point.

But Delicious, Puppy Love, Playing Dangerous and Big Bad Wolf exist  :toofunny:

I didn't find the lyrics all that random though tbh. The guy is obviously one of  the bad boy prototypes she talks about in her songs. The "live fast die young" and the semi abusive but it's ok cause it's true love types. Jim and Bill and whoever else. She's done with that, it's too much and too taxing on her, she's tired of playing his game and being submissive to him. We see hints of this kind of thing in Afraid, the way she has to leave to "know what god knows" in Pawn Shop Blues, and the way she talks about being content until she realized she wasn't when she's asked about Video Games.

She wants to spend time relaxing, having fun, being true to who she is, and she's not dependent emotionally or financially on some douchebag music type. She doesn't need anyone to put her in a movie because she makes her own movies now, and she doesn't want to sit on any record executive's lap anymore because she found that money, power and glory.

She can be high on the beach like she's always wanted because she's free of this man and his will, and her strength is from within. She is autonomous and does what she wants, and she wants to take her bowl to the beach (personally I think it references marijuana as opposed to the tropes of harder life ruining, physically addictive drugs that she likes to compare these men to, like cocaine, methamphetamine, copious, unhealthy amounts of liquor)

tZ7WN4B.gif

But Delicious, Puppy Love, Playing Dangerous and Big Bad Wolf exist  :toofunny:

I didn't find the lyrics all that random though tbh. The guy is obviously one of  the bad boy prototypes she talks about in her songs. The "live fast die young" and the semi abusive but it's ok cause it's true love types. Jim and Bill and whoever else. She's done with that, it's too much and too taxing on her, she's tired of playing his game and being submissive to him. We see hints of this kind of thing in Afraid, the way she has to leave to "know what god knows" in Pawn Shop Blues, and the way she talks about being content until she realized she wasn't when she's asked about Video Games.

She wants to spend time relaxing, having fun, being true to who she is, and she's not dependent emotionally or financially on some douchebag music type. She doesn't need anyone to put her in a movie because she makes her own movies now, and she doesn't want to sit on any record executive's lap anymore because she found that money, power and glory.

She can be high on the beach like she's always wanted because she's free of this man and his will, and her strength is from within. She is autonomous and does what she wants, and she wants to take her bowl to the beach (personally I think it references marijuana as opposed to the tropes of harder life ruining, physically addictive drugs that she likes to compare these men to, like cocaine, methamphetamine, copious, unhealthy amounts of liquor)

Thanks for explaining this, it's actually helped me to understand the song a lot better. It's almost as if she's singing "hey, I'm famous and successful and happy without you" to a past lover from long ago who used to control her. I think the "high by the beach" bit could reference her current life how she's living literally by the beach, and she possibly uses marijuana, like you said, but literally at her house. Good analysis, I was struggling to find a meaning like this, so thanks!

I like your take on this but instead of it being a literal reference to marijuana I like to believe it is just about her being at the point she wants to be at in her life. She has done what she wants, how she wants, and is where she wants to be! Despite all the hate, people, or obstacles in her way she is high by the beach! She dropped that negative shit and is letting them know it. As for a literal reference I like the idea of it being to her place in Malibu. I prefer that one over the weed one. Although I know the pot innuendo is going to be the thing the GP latches on to. It's pretty smart, her wording. I love how it can always be interpreted differently depending upon the person. I honestly think the possible allusion to marijuana will make it more popular. So go ahead on and get those downloads, buys, etc!

:dance:

Can we talk about Lana posing with a fucking sci-fi gun???

What are these leaks and everything, I go on a flight and apparently half of Honeymoon leaks??? What is this forum??? Should I lister or am I bad person if I do that?

What are these leaks and everything, I go on a flight and apparently half of Honeymoon leaks??? What is this forum??? Should I lister or am I bad person if I do that?

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

i wonder if Honeymoon, Life Is Beautiful, High To The Beach and whatever else will flow as well as an album as btd and uv

or maybe we will get an album similar to Lana Del Ray, with a veeery big variety in the songs styles, like, it has psb (all slow, sad, guitar almost only track), brite lites (deep house kinda pop wtf lana), raise me up (kinda rock-ish), then more pop songs (pmiam, qots, smarty) and whatever tf kill kill is

Wy8jf2U.jpg

I want life is beautiful so much! Its lyrics are great

It has to be on the album or leak or I'll miss it forever, I'm not here for a Riverside 2.0. where we get an amazing snippet and then nothing

where is the hbtb video tho

She said on Instagram that the video is coming tomorrow  :excited:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

The quick HBTB video release just show how pretentious Interscope is - a catchy bop will always get better promo treatment. West Coast was a bop too, as it did have moderate commercial success. If everything's being done better (proper teaser and release) and the video wasn't poorly timed (3 weeks after audio release) then it could have been more successful.

We have heard Honeymoon in full length, then why Interscope hasn't been bothered selling them? Even its video - which definitely exists - hasn't surfaced anywhere. Lana has ignored her Honeymoon Instagram account. Has all of this gone downhill?