ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Concept albums are like operas. (some are called rock operas, but both names convey the same thing.)

A connection from 1st song to the finale in a specifically placed order and where most songs are almost meaningless unless heard in the order presented telling the story

(What is Elton's "Someone saved my life tonight", if one didn't know the entire album and the meaning of the album "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy"

Out of Elton's 40 or so albums, 3 were concept.

Bowie had 2 concept albums

Beatles had Sgt. Pepper's but none of the others (before that most rock/pop/soul were single based and people bought 45s more than albums)

Beach Boys Pet sounds was. All their other albums were a few singles and filler.

The Monkees album "Head" was a concept album, but none of the others

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

The legendary Klaus Nomi transcends the barriers between rock and opera and concept albums.

There is a reason Lana says Ultraviolence starts with Cruel World and ends with The other woman (and the rest are bonus hits.)

Most of the 300 plus songs not on records that Lana wrote are not part of concept albums, they are songs (and why most of the more recent are not part of any album itself.)

Ultraviolence would have been regardless of the using of Dan Auerbach for production

If one don't see it, one don't see it. That's my opinion.

It's a story. Without one song, it would be like a chapter was missing.

God, some of Lana's fans are so pretentious :stareney:   

And Bowie in fact had 3 concept albums (The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars, Diamond Dogs, and 1. Outside).

I love how twitter accounts are saying things like "the tracklist is coming soon" to sound like they have some kind of inside info. The album is coming in a month, duh the tracklist is coming soon.  :toofunny:

Not even trying to read the 50 pages I missed  :deadbanana:  I'd get behind Ultraviolence being a concept album. Its not as immediately noticeable as EH or Crybaby but those albums are so overblown and have such heavy visuals associated with them that they've probably made people a little desensitized to what a concept album is. UV does tell a story and has pretty interlinked themes and that's literally what a concept album is. Don't know about the songs being meaningless without each other as most of them are fine on their own but saying UV is just a collection of songs that have zero to do with one another is kind of crazy.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Since fridays are release day now, does that mean pre orders are up the same day ?

I honestly think those just go up whenever the label is ready. I can't recall recent examples but don't think they are tied to just Friday's

party.gif?w=1100

I really hope MTWBT is on Honeymoon, I know she changes her mind rapidly so I won't be too shocked if its not, but it sounds like such a great title so I really hope we get to hear it.

qsVmBMd.png

I really hope MTWBT is on Honeymoon, I know she changes her mind rapidly so I won't be too shocked if its not, but it sounds like such a great title so I really hope we get to hear it.

I really feel like it will be. She talked about it in December (I think) and March, and seemed really excited about the idea and the visual. 

Obviously things can change (especially with Lana) but I feel optimistic about it.

I really feel like it will be. She talked about it in December (I think) and March, and seemed really excited about the idea and the visual. 

Obviously things can change (especially with Lana) but I feel optimistic about it.

Yeah I feel like its likely it will be on the album as she spoke about it quite a lot.

qsVmBMd.png

I need to just be put into a coma until September the 18th tbh. I'm literally already dying for this album. I don't care if it's death metal covers of fucking Sesame Street songs. I just need this in my life like yesterday.

I need to just be put into a coma until September the 18th tbh. I'm literally already dying for this album. I don't care if it's death metal covers of fucking Sesame Street songs. I just need this in my life like yesterday.

This is intense

Is this what lana meant by future retro? :creep:

Demos_copy.png

Alright, gurl. You just smashed on the Billboard charts thanks to payola, so you need to get that pre-order and album cover going. I need Huntymoon to continue to slay my bussy. 

anyways. 

When do you think we'll get the pre-order? I need the tracklist  :defeated:

Demos_copy.png

I just had a thought, I would love (This might be a unpopular opinion), but would absolutely love to hear Hollywood recorded on this album,

perhaps with a few instrument changes to the beat/chorus.. but the same song all in all.. :) ..

..for me it would fit the vibe of HBTB and HM