ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Concept albums are like operas. (some are called rock operas, but both names convey the same thing.)

A connection from 1st song to the finale in a specifically placed order and where most songs are almost meaningless unless heard in the order presented telling the story

(What is Elton's "Someone saved my life tonight", if one didn't know the entire album and the meaning of the album "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy"

Out of Elton's 40 or so albums, 3 were concept.

Bowie had 2 concept albums

Beatles had Sgt. Pepper's but none of the others (before that most rock/pop/soul were single based and people bought 45s more than albums)

Beach Boys Pet sounds was. All their other albums were a few singles and filler.

The Monkees album "Head" was a concept album, but none of the others

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

The legendary Klaus Nomi transcends the barriers between rock and opera and concept albums.

There is a reason Lana says Ultraviolence starts with Cruel World and ends with The other woman (and the rest are bonus hits.)

Most of the 300 plus songs not on records that Lana wrote are not part of concept albums, they are songs (and why most of the more recent are not part of any album itself.)

Ultraviolence would have been regardless of the using of Dan Auerbach for production

If one don't see it, one don't see it. That's my opinion.

It's a story. Without one song, it would be like a chapter was missing.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Concept albums are like operas. (some are called rock operas, but both names convey the same thing.)

A connection from 1st song to the finale in a specifically placed order and where most songs are almost meaningless unless heard in the order presented telling the story

(What is Elton's "Someone saved my life tonight", if one didn't know the entire album and the meaning of the album "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy"

Out of Elton's 40 or so albums, 3 were concept.

Bowie had 2 concept albums

Beatles had Sgt. Pepper's but none of the others (before that most rock/pop/soul were single based and people bought 45s more than albums)

Beach Boys Pet sounds was. All their other albums were a few singles and filler.

The Monkees album "Head" was a concept album, but none of the others

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

The legendary Klaus Nomi transcends the barriers between rock and opera and concept albums.

There is a reason Lana says Ultraviolence starts with Cruel World and ends with The other woman (and the rest are bonus hits.)

Most of the 300 plus songs not on records that Lana wrote are not part of concept albums, they are songs (and why most of the more recent are not part of any album itself.)

Ultraviolence would have been regardless of the using of Dan Auerbach for production

If one don't see it, one don't see it. That's my opinion.

It's a story. Without one song, it would be like a chapter was missing.

I totally agree with you. Lana definitely had a vision if she chose Dan Auerbach to produce UV. She was looking for a alt-rock sound and he could deliver it. Either way - UV would have been more or less the same.

I'm an album person as well, and I truly appreciate how Lana ties things up beautifully in each album and each tracks. Each of them have an distinguishable sound, that pull me on different journeys. You get to hear the sound you enjoy for an hour, not 5 minutes and the artist get the chance to truly express their vision to you. 

Didnt they promise Burnt Norton and MTWBT info 2 days ago?

There was a chat he created

He said that they are not going to be on the album and she didn't shoot a video with the models (so why was she with them? Smh China.palace)

It really can't be that long until we get the actual tracklist and preorder, so I don't see why everyone is freaking out.

Because we love to get excited it's fun