ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I can't wait till September 18!!! I haven't heard Terrence Loves You because two songs (HM and HBTB) is enough. I remember when I heard all UV singles when they came out, and since they're all together on the tracklist (Ultra - Shades - Brooklyn - West) I felt like I already knew every song lol.

"Initially we had a shoot for the cover a week before this day. The pictures were perfect but something was missing. Maybe it was the need for movement and motion or the search for a single frame that felt extra graphic. When Neil, Chuck, Stella and I took an adventure through Bel Air by way of speeding Sunset Boulevard in a topless bus, something just clicked - and then we got those gorgeous frames all three of us were looking for."

https://instagram.com/p/6pufUnTATg/?taken-by=honeymoon

Interesting.

9ISvyf0.gif

I just checked Apple Music ID3 tag and almost all the songs were composed by Lana & Rick.

I didn't know Rick - a Grammy-worthy composer with mainstream songs - is capable of such boring songs, and I love it.

Same. My problem with HM and TLY isn't really Lana's lyrics but how Rick's melodies doesn't stand out. Lana's voice can create that moody aspect so the songs aren't totally trash or bad but his production so far is really dissapointing. I wish she would work with Dan, Rubin or even Emile again

omg @ TLY.

YES lana. my bussy. SLAY HA.

it's gorgeous. and i love the slight 'for k part 2' teas it's giving me.

does anyone know if we're going to be getting anymore prerelease singles in the coming weeks? i figured we'd at least get the title track since it's already out there.

omg @ TLY.

YES lana. my bussy. SLAY HA.

it's gorgeous. and i love the slight 'for k part 2' teas it's giving me.

does anyone know if we're going to be getting anymore prerelease singles in the coming weeks? i figured we'd at least get the title track since it's already out there.

I guess we will get snippets for all songs around the start of September

It's not uncommon to release 2 promo singles so who knows....

didnt emile work on some tracks for this record? i remember there being some interview with him. i hope we get some emile traxxxxxxxx

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

what happened to ronson :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

fix this messss :toofunny:

hopefully im wrong and this album snatches my wig but right now this album is shaping to be my least favorite out of BTD Paradise and UV

hopefully im wrong and this album snatches my wig but right now this album is shaping to be my least favorite out of BTD Paradise and UV

As of now it's my second fave album

Mfhp.gif

yeah that's what I'm thinking/hoping. i didn't really follow every little detail of the UV release so I don't remember how the presingles were released. she said in her Instagram post announcing the preorder we'd be hearing songs 'soon' but with the album release being so close anyway i'm confused as to whether she means more presingles or just the actual album release itself.

and I'm really really really hoping we get at least a couple of bonus tracks somewhere. I need all the new lana I can get. I know everyone seems to be bitching about the music but I'm seriously in love with everything we've heard so far. it's like she's struck the perfect balance between the darkness of UV and the cinematic quality of BTD/P, but it still feels new too. i don't get the complaints at ALL.

yeah that's what I'm thinking/hoping. i didn't really follow every little detail of the UV release so I don't remember how the presingles were released. she said in her Instagram post announcing the preorder we'd be hearing songs 'soon' but with the album release being so close anyway i'm confused as to whether she means more presingles or just the actual album release itself.

and I'm really really really hoping we get at least a couple of bonus tracks somewhere. I need all the new lana I can get. I know everyone seems to be bitching about the music but I'm seriously in love with everything we've heard so far. it's like she's struck the perfect balance between the darkness of UV and the cinematic quality of BTD/P, but it still feels new too. i don't get the complaints at ALL.

God sorry for the triple post. this board....ha struggle.

Okay so I haven't really seen anybody do this yet but I think predictions are fun.

Honeymoon- We already have heard it/know it's a slower song.

Music To Watch Boys To- I'm hoping this track is a little faster but still somehow incorporates dreamy tones, like all the tracks we've heard from HM do so far. Maybe it'll have a fast-slow-fast rythm and it's in slot #2 same as Off To The Races so that gives me hope too.

Terrence Loves You- Another slow burn track, I do like the jazzy influences and the longing you hear in her vocals. This is in slot #3 Blue Jeans so maybe one of the most epic I still love you tracks of the album.

God Knows I Tried- This is giving me Tired of Singing the Blues tease. It's in Video Games slot and Lana has mentioned it having a special place in her heart. Might be an iconic song. Hoping it transitions between TLY and HBTB well though. Possibly going from a slow to midtempo beat like West Coast.

High By The Beach- Muddy trap amazing track in the slot of Diet Mtn Dew.

Freak- Lana said this track will be sexy probably rocketing off of HBTB. Her description has got me more excited for it & it's in National Anthem's slot so maybe a future tour closer.

Art Deco- This is probably the last of the 'faster-ish' tracks before the interlude. If we're lucky enough to get so many. Ha. (I'm not a person who needs faster tracks tho so either way is fine by me.)

Burnt Norton (Interlude)- From what I heard off the Honeymoon Hotline I adore this track just as much as the other ones released. I love Lana's speaking voice.

Religion- I imagine this to be another slower track, maybe talking about her true religion being love or our ever expanding universe (since she seems to be obsessed with outer space lately) or maybe it'll be a play on words like someone said a few days ago.

Salvatore- Giving me Backfire tease. I'm excited to hear this track, I feel it could really go either way; fast or slow or medium. It's in the Million Dollar Man slot so maybe another 'jazzy' track. Give me those bad boy lyrics Lana.

The Blackest Day- Sounds like a dark song maybe even 'so dark it's unlistenable'. Probably slower, possibly more powerful than TLY in the sense that it would make you cry. Also in the Summertime Sadness slot.

24- Really intrigued with this title, it's position between TBD and Swan Song makes me think it might be slow but there's always the possibility it could be midtempo and what if it's a song that takes place over 24 hours or something? A song about her worst day followed by a song about her best?

Swan Song- Since this is a farewell song I imagine it to be slower. Am hoping it's a farewell to a lover or someone who died rather than to singing music.

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood- I hope this cover is better than TOW cover. I already like the lyrics better, I hope Lana does it well and that it fits her voice, and I also already like the background music of this original.

Anyone else have thoughts?

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

I can't wait till September 18!!! I haven't heard Terrence Loves You because two songs (HM and HBTB) is enough. I remember when I heard all UV singles when they came out, and since they're all together on the tracklist (Ultra - Shades - Brooklyn - West) I felt like I already knew every song lol.

I tried to do this and wait but TLY is playing in the background as I type this so  :toofunny:

Okay so I haven't really seen anybody do this yet but I think predictions are fun.

Honeymoon- We already have heard it/know it's a slower song.

Music To Watch Boys To- I'm hoping this track is a little faster but still somehow incorporates dreamy tones, like all the tracks we've heard from HM do so far. Maybe it'll have a fast-slow-fast rythm and it's in slot #2 same as Off To The Races so that gives me hope too.

Terrence Loves You- Another slow burn track, I do like the jazzy influences and the longing you hear in her vocals. This is in slot #3 Blue Jeans so maybe one of the most epic I still love you tracks of the album.

God Knows I Tried- This is giving me Tired of Singing the Blues tease. It's in Video Games slot and Lana has mentioned it having a special place in her heart. Might be an iconic song. Hoping it transitions between TLY and HBTB well though. Possibly going from a slow to midtempo beat like West Coast.

High By The Beach- Muddy trap amazing track in the slot of Diet Mtn Dew.

Freak- Lana said this track will be sexy probably rocketing off of HBTB. Her description has got me more excited for it & it's in National Anthem's slot so maybe a future tour closer.

Art Deco- This is probably the last of the 'faster-ish' tracks before the interlude. If we're lucky enough to get so many. Ha. (I'm not a person who needs faster tracks tho so either way is fine by me.)

Burnt Norton (Interlude)- From what I heard off the Honeymoon Hotline I adore this track just as much as the other ones released. I love Lana's speaking voice.

Religion- I imagine this to be another slower track, maybe talking about her true religion being love or our ever expanding universe (since she seems to be obsessed with outer space lately) or maybe it'll be a play on words like someone said a few days ago.

Salvatore- Giving me Backfire tease. I'm excited to hear this track, I feel it could really go either way; fast or slow or medium. It's in the Million Dollar Man slot so maybe another 'jazzy' track. Give me those bad boy lyrics Lana.

The Blackest Day- Sounds like a dark song maybe even 'so dark it's unlistenable'. Probably slower, possibly more powerful than TLY in the sense that it would make you cry. Also in the Summertime Sadness slot.

24- Really intrigued with this title, it's position between TBD and Swan Song makes me think it might be slow but there's always the possibility it could be midtempo and what if it's a song that takes place over 24 hours or something? A song about her worst day followed by a song about her best?

Swan Song- Since this is a farewell song I imagine it to be slower. Am hoping it's a farewell to a lover or someone who died rather than to singing music.

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood- I hope this cover is better than TOW cover. I already like the lyrics better, I hope Lana does it well and that it fits her voice, and I also already like the background music of this original.

Anyone else have thoughts?

THIS IS SUCH A GOOD REVIEW EVEN THO IT HASN'T COME OUT YET

"Freak is sexy" ... That means it's gonna be the complete opposite of sexy, just like Terrence Loves You was the opposite of 'jazzy'.

how can anybody think that Paradise is better than the songs we've heard is beyond me.  Paradise remains the lowlight of her career