ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

tumblr_inline_ntewel8ifG1sk5lqk_500.gif

Ride, American, Gods and Monsters, Bel Air, and Burning Desire are bops!

lol. Burning Desire. The b-sidesiest song she has ever made.

Paradise was weak, very weak when she should have been at her highest, since she had the world at her feet back then. You can literally hear it during the production how rushed it was.

this is official?

:cumming2:

Yes, thankfully! It's only available on the Urban Outfitters exclusive, but I'm definitely using it in iTunes too.

I like the concept of the regular album art, but I don't think the result works too well.

omg you must hate the other ones :oic2:

I don't hate them but I don't get into them so much.

AKA is my least fave because it's not so sad as the others

Mfhp.gif

AKA and UV are so good, and BTD was like yeah is good, but i didn't like the tracklist that much

AKA is horrendous id rather have a discography full of Honeymoons than to listen to that album

the only let down in her discography is the pointless Paradise. It's also her kitschiest release. If I still force myself to watch the Ride video and I hear "I was in the winter of my life....", I wanna shoot people in their face. Tropico is even worse than the UV video. Pure kitschfest

This thread became a mess.

I think all songs on Paradise are flawless and they are my most overplayed Lana songs ever.

But let's not argue about that. It's okay that we prefer different songs.

I honestly love Honeymoon so far. I wasn't sold when we just had HM but with the other two I'm liking it a lot. I'm really excited to get it on vinyl. It does sound a lot more mature and less pop overall.

I'm used to the cover now I guess. Not fond of that HM font but I get the overall feel she was going with it and I think it fits, especially after seeing what the physical releases will look like. I don't know why you all are going nuts over the UO vinyl cover, its obviously more graphically pleasing than the main one but the photo itself is not some stellar shot at all.

I love TLY. I don't think we've gotten a song as emotive as that in a long time, and certainly not a moment like the "major tom" part which is absolutely breathtaking. My only thoughts are wondering why she chose it for a promotional single as its so slow and we already have HM (which is not included with the pre-order for some reason?). I know she can't play all her cards at once with the upbeat stuff, but I'm so curious about the rest if these three songs are what she's chosen to represent the album and try and get interest so far. TLY just seems so heavy for a promo single.

Finally, as someone else has said earlier, its so nice to see her revealing all of the small details and being so proud of the album. I haven't tried the hotline and probably won't but this is probably more effort put into this album than she's done for the rest combined so that's really neat and encouraging.

Why the Paradise hate? :( Personally that's one of my favorites. I guess I'm in the small minority that loves Cola and the Paradise version of Yayo. Bel-Air is heavenly too. I've come to accept that BTD really is my least favorite as I never really get in the mood to listen to it besides the singles. Its a nice trip down memory lane with the album songs but I never get an urge to listen to any of the album tracks.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Why the Paradise hate? :( Personally that's one of my favorites. I guess I'm in the small minority that loves Cola and the Paradise version of Yayo. Bel-Air is heavenly too. I've come to accept that BTD really is my least favorite as I never really get in the mood to listen to it besides the singles. Its a nice trip down memory lane with the album songs but I never get an urge to listen to any of the album tracks.

this is exactly how i feel, especially the bolded part

I was really surprised by TLY. I couldn't call it a favorite (yet), but I don't think we've ever gotten a more visceral track before. Sure, Lana sings sad songs, but the way she never emotes makes it hard to feel anything when listening to her music imo. TLY made me feel something..

I still love Ultraviolence the best and if she were to revisit a concept or musical style, I would rather it be the live-sounding psychedelic rock Auerbach production.

I feel the production on Honeymoon so far is really weak. On HM, there isn't enough percussion and you can't really stay alert through 6 minutes of mostly strings and piano and the verses are far too monotonous. On HBTB, I love the trap influenced beat but think it could be more prominent. I think the production for the bridge of TLY is pretty much perfect but is somewhat generic for the rest of the song. I also dislike the jarring layering of her voice at the part where she sings "And I still get trashed..." (also dark blue dark blue). Overall, of the songs so far, the melodies are ok(HM verses/HBTB chorus) to good (HM chorus/HBTB verses) to brilliant (HM bridge/TLY bridge) but the production is uninspired. I had heard great things about Rick Nowels.

Though Emiles production is divisive, Born To Die wouldn't be the record it is without it. The samples and hip hop elements juxtaposed with the orchestral elements really made the songs unique and amazing. Ultraviolence production was a symphony of layered rock sounds with guitars and heavy drums (while being varied, eg Old Money, FMWUTTT) and it was one of the areas where critics applauded. However, production for this album is worrying. Although Lanas voice is powerfully beautiful, the songs released so far suffer from there not being great instrumentation to complement it. Sometimes I like to listen to the instrumentals of songs from BTD/UV. I don't see myself particularly wanting to listen to the instrumentals of the songs released so far.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png