ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Freak: "I'm the freaky freak freak, lickety lick lick my pussy babe, my pussy babe, I'm his last bitch in paradise so let's feel it with sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex" <3 (sexy to her means that she says sex a few times)

the outro is "dark blue dark dark blue" as well

Freak: "I'm the freaky freak freak, lickety lick lick my pussy babe, my pussy babe, I'm his last bitch in paradise so let's feel it with sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex"  <3 (sexy to her means that she says sex a few times) 

cowritten with @InTheSummer

Freak: "I'm the freaky freak freak, lickety lick lick my pussy babe, my pussy babe, I'm his last bitch in paradise so let's feel it with sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex" <3 (sexy to her means that she says sex a few times)

I kind of like "last bitch in paradise" tbh

guys, it's not #R8, it has a release date and I can wait till that. what's the point of leaking it and listening to the leaks

What's the point of torturing yourself by not listening? I mean personally for Lana's sake I kinda hope we get another two weeks in before a leak but once it does it's fair game, not listening ain't gonna unleak it.

qpgosw.jpg

I still love Ultraviolence the best and if she were to revisit a concept or musical style, I would rather it be the live-sounding psychedelic rock Auerbach production.

I feel the production on Honeymoon so far is really weak. On HM, there isn't enough percussion and you can't really stay alert through 6 minutes of mostly strings and piano and the verses are far too monotonous. On HBTB, I love the trap influenced beat but think it could be more prominent. I think the production for the bridge of TLY is pretty much perfect but is somewhat generic for the rest of the song. I also dislike the jarring layering of her voice at the part where she sings "And I still get trashed..." (also dark blue dark blue). Overall, of the songs so far, the melodies are ok(HM verses/HBTB chorus) to good (HM chorus/HBTB verses) to brilliant (HM bridge/TLY bridge) but the production is uninspired. I had heard great things about Rick Nowels.

Though Emiles production is divisive, Born To Die wouldn't be the record it is without it. The samples and hip hop elements juxtaposed with the orchestral elements really made the songs unique and amazing. Ultraviolence production was a symphony of layered rock sounds with guitars and heavy drums (while being varied, eg Old Money, FMWUTTT) and it was one of the areas where critics applauded. However, production for this album is worrying. Although Lanas voice is powerfully beautiful, the songs released so far suffer from there not being great instrumentation to complement it. Sometimes I like to listen to the instrumentals of songs from BTD/UV. I don't see myself particularly wanting to listen to the instrumentals of the songs released so far.

OMG this post is THE truth, I agree 100%. The production of the 3 tracks we heard is so lackluster. There's no hook, it doesn't grab you. It's like Rick and that other guy are trying to make a "jazzy" sound and then a "trap beat" but they don't have enough experience with those genre so it sounds so basic. Where are the Mark Ronson tracks? They had 10 songs MONTHS ago. She scrapped them already? Rick is good to make demos but then she has work with someone else for the final product. 

I'm still amazed at the beat of stuff like Blue Jeans and I listen to everyday. In fact, I went out with my friends today and we were blasting Off to the races, Blue Jeans and Born to Die at full bass in the car and it still sounded so HOT (I usually listen to it on my phone with headphones).  :glasses:

I have a theory. I've also been drinking tonight, but I still have a theory. The reason Honeymoon isn't up with the pre-order or streaming anywhere or existing in anyplace but you tube is because it's not the same Honeymoon on the album. Maybe the words or the mix are different, but in true lynchian  :toofunny: fashion, she's playing mind games with us and steering us the wrong way. 

Gonna go have some more wine now.

tZ7WN4B.gif

I have a theory. I've also been drinking tonight, but I still have a theory. The reason Honeymoon isn't up with the pre-order or streaming anywhere or existing in anyplace but you tube is because it's not the same Honeymoon on the album. Maybe the words or the mix are different, but in true lynchian  :toofunny: fashion, she's playing mind games with us and steering us the wrong way. 

Gonna go have some more wine now.

I thought the same thing. Maybe she read the comments about how boring it sounds so she added a small drum beat or something because right now it's an acapella demo track

I thought the same thing. Maybe she read the comments about how boring it sounds so she added a small drum beat or something because right now it's an acapella demo track

it's not boring, it's beautiful  :creep: I highly doubt Lana would change something because someone didn't like it.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Can't wait for MTWBT. I wonder if the tracks following HBTB are in that same trap style... Just from the titles (Freak, Art Deco) I'm pretty sure they are

For whatever reason I just automatically assume "Art Deco" will be similar to the airy feeling of Bel Air, but a trap song called Art Deco would fucking shit. 

did she read the comments that we wish her to perform on TV or radio and do a world tour LOL

giphy.gif

She said in the Beat1 interview that she reads the comments for about a week so I'm not making this up lol She knows what's up.  :hooker:

it's not boring, it's beautiful  :creep: I highly doubt Lana would change something because someone didn't like it.

You don't understand how important Lana's music is to me. She's all I listen to, on repeat constantly. I have multiple playlists and it hurts me to say that I already skip Honeymoon and I barely listen to HBTB anymore, it's just so basic. It's good but it's missing that unique magic touch she had before and it's even more obvious when they start playing in the middle of her other material. I had "Afraid" "Honeymoon" and then "Burning Desire" and I think Afraid (an unreleased demo) and Burning Desire (bonus extra track) are still way more interesting even after hearing them hundreds of times :toofunny: then "Hollywood" starts and it shits on the 3 tracks we heard ("I was BUILD to last" no skipping!). There's nothing going in Honeymoon and the beat in HBTB is barely there, it's forgettable. I blame Rick because her vocals are better than ever. 

off-topic Anyone know where we can find official Lana Del Rey merchandise? I'm looking for a T-Shirt that was for sale during the Endless Summer tour. PLEASE!!!

off-topic Anyone know where we can find official Lana Del Rey merchandise? I'm looking for a T-Shirt that was for sale during the Endless Summer tour. PLEASE!!!

Merchbar is one place... but they don't have Endless Summer items.