ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Anyone notice copyright info on iTunes is only 2015 Polydor not Interscope?

Yeah, i talked about that on another forum, and it shows cause Interscope isnt promoting her lately, only Polydor.

Who is this David Bowie guy everyone's talking about? Anyway, i think that MTWBT will not be up-beat at all but will probably sound more commercial than Honeymoon and Terrence Loves You. I'm not here for an album full of Honeymoon's though. Here for more DMD-ish songs.

:judgingu:  :wtfney:

I think most people here are going to be really disappointed with MTWBT. It's probably slower and jazzy a la Music to Watch Girls By.

I hope it'll be that way.

Like, saxophones, beachy-feelings, some kind of summery lounge music ... Would be great.

I hope we'll get some upbeat songs though, the whole promo art doesn't really fit an album full of tracks like HM and TLY in my opinion

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I hope it'll be that way.

Like, saxophones, beachy-feelings, some kind of summery lounge music ... Would be great.

I hope we'll get some upbeat songs though, the whole promo art doesn't really fit an album full of tracks like HM and TLY in my opinion

and she said it was noir and dark, idk why is anyone expecting it to be upbeat  :toofunny:

Yeah, i talked about that on another forum, and it shows cause Interscope isnt promoting her lately, only Polydor.

But technically she is in Interscope and they use Polydor for UK release and Universal Music for other countries. So I don't actually understand at all - the Polydor copyright is the same on every country even the US iTunes.

and she said it was noir and dark, idk why is anyone expecting it to be upbeat  :toofunny:

She said Ultraviolence would be jazz..

She said I Can Fly has "a big chorus".

And neither Honeymoon, nor Terrence Loves You nor Hgh By The Beach were noir or actually jazz.

Of course I'm not expecting "California Girls", but something "upbeat" judged by Lana-standards. The whole "sunny" visuals would be nice if we had something upbeat. And Like I said with MTWBT, something which may not be a fast track with beats, but some kind of summery, positive song (like Music To Watch Girls By) would be cool.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Who is this David Bowie guy everyone's talking about? Anyway, i think that MTWBT will not be up-beat at all but will probably sound more commercial than Honeymoon and Terrence Loves You. I'm not here for an album full of Honeymoon's though. Here for more DMD-ish songs.

:toofunny:  What rock have you been living under

Edit: nvm I saw your other post lmao

But technically she is in Interscope and they use Polydor for UK release and Universal Music for other countries. So I don't actually understand at all - the Polydor copyright is the same on every country even the US iTunes.

Yeah but now its dif, maybe she's on a distribution and management deal with Polydor. 

So is there only one exicit track on this album? Or is it possible iTunes won't update the explicit tags yet? I don't know what exactly makes songs explicit but I guess I just presumed more than one would be explicit

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

a british singer with a mediocre voice, but really profound lyrics, that most people wont know these days, especially not anyone from America. Go on the streets no one will know who you're talking about. He's married to a really pretty model Iman tho (and he got his cruddy teeth fixed).

She said Ultraviolence would be jazz..

She said I Can Fly has "a big chorus".

And neither Honeymoon, nor Terrence Loves You nor High By The Beach were noir or actually jazz.

Of course I'm not expecting "California Girls", but something "upbeat" judged by Lana-standards. The whole "sunny" visuals would be nice if we had something upbeat. And Like I said with MTWBT, something which may not be a fast track with beats, but some kind of summery, positive song (like Music To Watch Girls By) would be cool.

To be honest I'm kinda expecting a West Coast vibe from it.

So how does everyone think this will sell in the first week? In the U.S. I don't think it will be as big as Ultraviolence first week sales were. I think it will be around 90-115k and then idk about SPS

I think it will sell better than UV because HBTB did better then and West Coast and Summertime Sadness (not combined).

tumblr_o1safdMl1g1uc67yuo1_540.jpg

So is there only one exicit track on this album? Or is it possible iTunes won't update the explicit tags yet? I don't know what exactly makes songs explicit but I guess I just presumed more than one would be explicit

Maybe they only update the explicit tags once its released so theres no, like, spoilers? Idrk how those things work though

tumblr_o1safdMl1g1uc67yuo1_540.jpg

a british singer with a mediocre voice, but really profound lyrics, that most people wont know these days, especially not anyone from America. Go on the streets no one will know who you're talking about. He's married to a really pretty model Iman tho (and he got his cruddy teeth fixed).

Who hurt you this way

To be honest I'm kinda expecting a West Coast vibe from it.

how could no one know Bowie like srsly LOL?

come on guys, not even Starman? Space Oddity? Fame? (not to mention the AHS-covered Life on Mars?)

giphy.gif

I think it will sell better than UV because HBTB did better then and West Coast and Summertime Sadness (not combined).

It really didnt tho, West Coast 115K first week, HBTB 67K FW (even tho wc had 7 days and hbtb only 4)

Who hurt you this way

The non BTD stans 

You girls are so hard to please ! At least she's happy plus there's a lot more of the album we haven't heard !

Happy for you to hear some of my favourite songs from it soon. I think 'honeymoon' is the most beautiful one but 'terrence loves you' and 'God knows I tried' are incredibly close to my heart. Freak is also very sexy

I also think she like calls out her 'boring' beautiful songs in this post though. Because we already heard HM and TLY and they are very similar in sound so I think GKIT will have the same sound since she kind of grouped them together. As for the rest of the album I feel like Lana KNOWS not to make a full album of slow ballads .. Resulting in songs like HBTB. She isn't really ready to retire from upbeat songs because it's always kind of been a part of her. Plus a lot of the song titles sound pretty upbeat but other than that I think those 3 specific songs are the only ones with the same slow sound (HOPEFULLY).