ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I'm only just getting around to processing the actual titles we got on the tracklist...Title and length of The Blackest Day sound like magnum opus material and the throwback to Backfire in Salvatore ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm so intrigued by how this will be received critically. The singles have all been acclaimed thus far, but there are always the same publications that review her persona rather than the music.

I'm also not sure I agree that this is a throwback to BTD. The "trap" songs seem like they're actually going chillwave rather than the trip hop with strings of BTD. The jazzier songs are even slower than UV songs as well. I love that she continues to change up her sound with each LP.

I kinda feel Lana's being constantly praised by the media partly because of her poorly they treated her in 2011/2012 - it's just weird because everything she's ever done recently has been praised and I know Lana is iconic but it just seems bizarre. we shall have to wait til Honeymoon reviews are published to see what the general media hive mind think of her

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I think Honeymoon will be reviewed quite well, around UV's score or slightly below, even if the album doesn't flow too well or isn't that good etc I think it won't be like, hated. I think Pitchfork will give her a 6.9 or 7.1

Nothing scares me anymore.

Today I listened Honeymoon, Terrence Loves You and HBTB one after other rather than judge them as individuals songs and I think even if MTWBT and God Knows I tried are really good songs this first half of record might be her weakest by far?

If we compare her last last records the first half usually are better than the second  part ( at least for me).

BTD = BTD, OTTR,BJ,VG, DMD ( Diet MnD is the only one mediocre)

UV - CW, UV, SoC, BB, WC ( at least 4 of these are amazing)

I'm dying to hear DLMBM. Lana's version of The Other Woman is magical  :crying:

imagine if we do get a target bonus track and its NOT life is beautiful. that would be so like her tbh

I can see that coming tho  :defeated:

tumblr_mcnjkwq2qK1qc4rtuo1_500.gif

Today I listened Honeymoon, Terrence Loves You and HBTB one after other rather than judge them as individuals songs and I think even if MTWBT and God Knows I tried are really good songs this first half of record might be her weakest by far?

If we compare her last last records the first half usually are better than the second  part ( at least for me).

how can you judge if you dont have the other half lol

You never know, MTWBT could be OTTR quality and blow us the fuck away

1384005910254448457.gif

how can you judge if you dont have the other half lol

oh, no. I'm not saying the first half of HM is better than second but if we compare to the first half of BTD and UV isn't strong enough.

I think it'll do better than BTD but not as good as UV. Still think that will be her magnum opus.

I agree. UV's sound was super mature and surprising for a lot of people. 

I can imagine Honeymoon being received less well if it doesn't end up moving in an "edgier" or unexpected direction. That being said, I think the music has been great so far, and somewhat different for her.

I guess I would just say that I'd be shocked if it did critically worse than BTD and pleasantly surprised if it did better than UV.

I'm so intrigued by how this will be received critically. The singles have all been acclaimed thus far, but there are always the same publications that review her persona rather than the music.

I'm also not sure I agree that this is a throwback to BTD. The "trap" songs seem like they're actually going chillwave rather than the trip hop with strings of BTD. The jazzier songs are even slower than UV songs as well. I love that she continues to change up her sound with each LP.

I agree with alll of this... except the loving that she keeps changing up. That's just me (Not tryin to force my opinion.)

Also the songs are jazzy, they're just minimal.

i'm not trying to be rude or anything but do you have some kind of debilitating mental condition??? because the first time everyone got the album was when it came out in NZ/Australia on itunes, a week or so before the rest of the world.........

Literally gtfo. No one is here for you or your disgusting posts