ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I had a feeling that Lana would find a way to amalgamate the styles of all her previous eras into the songs of this album, and I really think she has so far.

Honeymoon = sounds most similar to Paradise, especially songs like Bel Air and Yayo, which are lighter (+ it has that tropical Paradise vibe)

High By The Beach = sounds a lot like a Born to Die track, with that hip-hop inspired beat and its catchy melodies

Terrence Loves You = definitely sounds like something she would have released on Ultraviolence, it has that trademark vocal reverb with a "jazzy" influence and guitars

Even though this album has a very refreshing, unique sound, it is quite clear that each song does have its similarities with her past eras. Personally, I'm hoping there are more tracks on Honeymoon that sound most similar to the songs of Ultraviolence.

I hope that Freak won't be a take on 'I'm so crazy and different from other people, so lonesome in this world' aka Ride part 2

It's a song about AHS: FS because she liked/hated their cover of G&M :creep:

She said it's a sexy song so the freak might be one of her bad boys. Or it contains the corny "freak in the bedroom" line

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Hi! I'm new here so I don't know if this has been asked before but which song are you most excited for on HM? Personally, I'm really interested by unique or unusual song titles (think Marina's unreleased "I'm Not Hungry Anymore") so "Music to Watch Boys To" gets me pretty excited but "Swan Song" also interests me

Hi! I'm new here so I don't know if this has been asked before but which song are you most excited for on HM? Personally, I'm really interested by unique or unusual song titles (think Marina's unreleased "I'm Not Hungry Anymore") so "Music to Watch Boys To" gets me pretty excited but "Swan Song" also interests me

The Blackest Day has an intriguing title and is really long as well - it could be the Lana's 'All Too Well'

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Probably MTWBT, Religion, Art Deco, Freak are the ones i'll me interested to see if she includes the title in the lyrics, but i just  know Freak and Religion are gonna slay me

CJjib6A.jpg

I remember when I first heard West Coast and I got a little bit too excited when I heard the chorus for the first time - the instrumentation and the vocals put me into way-too-over-the-top Lana stan mode. Being 100% honest, I've only started to like OttR in the past few weeks (I'm sorry). I listened to the Sad Girl instrumental on YT yesterday and realised that was 90% of the reason I like the song

I'm really excited for The Blackest Day, the title and length just make me think this'll be an iconic song!

Also Freak, I was excited by the title and when Lana said it's very sexy I got even more hyped for it!

Also Salvatore, I think this song will maybe be like the king of the bad boy songs? Plus I like the sound of the name.

And then of course Music To Watch Boys To, because the title is so interesting and we've known about it for a while so there's a lot of hype to finally listen to it, especially since we have the visual that inspired the song of the shadows moving across a girl's eyes etc!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I was really excited when I saw Cruel World's length and when Lana said it was her favourite as well I got super hyped for it. I was so happy when it turned out to be my favourite song on Ultraviolence.

Trying to imagine a Lana song that's sexy is weird - like, in what way?