ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Yes she has no problem with creating/releasing of songs, whether or not anything can be a mainstream success is anyones guess really..

although the GP (mainstream)- like more upbeat pop bops typically, but i think their are huge numbers of people whom love the slow stuff.

I was watching an Ed Sheeran live at wembley the other day, and could not believe the crowds and cheering at his super mellow show.. he has great songs

but most if not all is stuff is very mellow..

but for Lana, I don't think she will ever 'need' money to survive. She has it made.

20 days people!!

:D

I Can't wait to hear HM in its entirety. I love TLY, and its quickly rising to my top 10 fav Lana songs.

Love HBTB too. It really grew on me. (But needs to played ona good sound system and loud :) )

-or better yet even, great headphones.)

if we have a mix of styles between these 2 songs, and some more stuff, I'll be quite happy.

I mean Lana has a college degree and her "daddy is rich", so even if she did flop she wouldnt be completely without money. And Idk a lot of stars these days with more than 1 hit wonders, tend to manage their money better.Her networth is 8million. She'll be fine.

But anyways, I'm too ready for some snippets.

Yes she has no problem with creating/releasing of songs, whether or not anything can be a mainstream success is anyones guess really..

although the GP (mainstream)- like more upbeat pop bops typically, but i think their are huge numbers of people whom love the slow stuff.

I was watching an Ed Sheeran live at wembley the other day, and could not believe the crowds and cheering at his super mellow show.. he has great songs

but most if not all is stuff is very mellow..

but for Lana, I don't think she will ever 'need' money to survive. She has it made.

20 days people!!

You like Ed? :gclap:

How can Lana be a "gay" icon when she does absolutely nothing we associate with other gay pop acts? Even her music style is different, i dont see gays dancing to Lana in clubs?

I know she has a lot of gay fans on forums (all female singers do) but whats gay about her image?

How can Lana be a "gay" icon when she does absolutely nothing we associate with other gay pop acts? Even her music style is different, i dont see gays dancing to Lana in clubs? I know she has a lot of gay fans on forums (all female singers do) but whats gay about her image?

The daddy thing/fetish appeals to some gays, I guess? That's what they've said here, but otherwise I don't see it either.

the comparison on Ed and Lana is to show that 'slow' music (not pop bobs), can be highly successful with huge crowds.

nothing wrong with slow music as someone mentioned here awhile ago.. it can still fill wembley stadium venues.

Ed is amazing, ignore the haters :poordat:

How can Lana be a "gay" icon when she does absolutely nothing we associate with other gay pop acts? Even her music style is different, i dont see gays dancing to Lana in clubs?

I know she has a lot of gay fans on forums (all female singers do) but whats gay about her image?

That's what I always say. Her imagine isn't even """gay""" neither. And most of her fans aren't even gay. Maybe 50%, but not most of them.

Lana makes hundreds of thousands of dollars on touring and royalties a year

Everytime someone clicks on any youtube or any streaming or buys any merchandise (as long as it is authentic)

Her songwriting makes hundreds of thousands and her songs being placed in movies and television shows (like American Horror having Jessica Lange sing Gods and Monsters makes so much more.)

Just on songwriting and her 350 plus songs, she can live off of royalties for 250 years.

When one doesn't need money, one is free to enjoy life any way they choose, and is not restricted to whoring themselves like the artists who have to be #1 on the singles chart every single week

for a short period then fade out.

As for Ed, he is going for #1 songs therefore, he is this years model next year forgotten. (BTW-whatever happened to Lorde?)

(the amazing double entendre of "This years model" when Elvis Costello titled one of his best lps that. BTW- no one ever said anything about Elvis Costello changing his name and saying

he was not authentic.) And I like his music, but he is irrelevant to Lana

@@SarcasticBeauty-

Please don't use  the oldest anti-Lizzy meme about her father being rich

That is so demeaning to Lana.

Seems to me, from all one reads, Elizabeth herself has been the prime caretaker for her two sibblings, and it seems to me, Elizabeth herself is the one financing her family now.

sheesh.

and btw, I fell in a trap the other day-

the long post I was answering did something very swift- The first line was written as a given. I disagree with that line 100%,

It laid out a whole spiel that Lana was failing, bla bla bla.

While I said I disagreed with it, some of my response on the followup response might have had readers not know that I100% disagreed with the premise

and another thing-

with regard to airplay-in the USA on USA charts

these days almost ALL songs start off with downloads and slowly airplay winds its way across the USA

So a song would debut the first eligible chart week, drop quickly, then if radio kicks in the weeks/months after, it moves back up the charts (or reenters).

Some songs these days take 50 weeks to become a radio hit.

Not that Lana is going for hit singles in the first place.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

shes a gay icon cuz i said so :lolliney: