ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Rumors:

"24 is a song about Lana's last 24 hours, it's produced by Emilie Haynie. Not so much to write about, let's just say that we all are going to be surprised from that song"

Hope this hasn't been said

Sourced from someone who has been wrong about every single thing they've said so far.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Rumors:

"24 is a song about Lana's last 24 hours, it's produced by Emilie Haynie. Not so much to write about, let's just say that we all are going to be surprised from that song"

Hope this hasn't been said

Edit: I've read that it's fake, but it isn't a bad idea

Vague rumours:

"24 is a song about something time-related because this is the most obvious conclusion from the number. Not so much to write about in case I get this wrong, let's just say something that will become a self-fulfilling prophecy."

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

AOA?

EDIT: age of adeline, lol, nevermind

EDIT2: 100th post woo

I found that this forum LOVES acronyms... Gets hard to follow or understand what people are talking about sometimes.

this album will bomb so hard. i am really afradi for this. the pre-orders in the UK and Germany are a nightmare. The US pre-orders are doing way worse than for UV. 

So? Who cares about charts/pre-orders etc as long as we get beautiful music? I don't get people who care so much about charts, isn't it distracting from the music? 

So? Who cares about charts/pre-orders etc as long as we get beautiful music? I don't get people who care so much about charts, isn't it distracting from the music? 

I wish the music was better actually. Honeymoon is a snoozefest and TLY is very pretty, but it should not be nowhere near a promo single. If the tracks we have is the best she has to offer like with the UV promo singles, then this release is gonna be weak

I wish the music was better actually. Honeymoon is a snoozefest and TLY is very pretty, but it should not be nowhere near a promo single. If the tracks we have is the best she has to offer like with the UV promo singles, then this release is gonna be weak

Tbh, I think UV is my favorite so far even though BTD is an iconic album. In terms of Honeymoon being weak, you have to consider that there are like 11 more songs that might change your opinion. Maybe it was wrong to release HBTB before the album came out since everyone now expects something in that direction whereas TLY proved wrong. Therefore, people might be unsatisfied, I don't know. I can't wait to listen to the album in its full length. 

Aw sorry! It's just from a band I really like but I can change it if you like? :)

Omg, I've been scared of it too! Haha, I thought it was from a horror movie or something and I've been to terrified too google it in case it was something scary.

Omg, I've been scared of it too! Haha, I thought it was from a horror movie or something and I've been to terrified too google it in case it was something scary.

Haha aw sorry to you too! It's the same band as my avi, Queen Adreena :) I'm in love with all of the musical projects KatieJane Garside has done, but she's WAY different to Lana, so I guess having her as my avi and signature is a bit weird tbh...

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

this album will bomb so hard. i am really afradi for this. the pre-orders in the UK and Germany are a nightmare. The US pre-orders are doing way worse than for UV.

This is not true. I don't know about the U.K and Germany but Honeymoon reached #1 on iTunes for two days straight on pre orders. UV pre orders never reached #1 and collapsed very quickly.

Shades Of Cool peaked a modest #13 on iTunes when it was available on pre orders.

Torrence Loves You was freaking top 5 and High was Top 10.

High is now two weeks on BB hot 100 going on three weeks. The views of the video are already HALF OF WEST COAST in just TWO WEEKS (also has MORE LIKES). Commercially speaking it's a massive improvement over Ultraviolence.

This is not true. I don't know about the U.K and Germany but Honeymoon reached #1 on iTunes for two days straight on pre orders. UV pre orders never reached #1 and collapsed very quickly.

Shades Of Cool peaked a modest #13 on iTunes when it was available on pre orders.

Torrence Loves You was freaking top 5 and High was Top 10.

High is now two weeks on BB hot 100 going on three weeks. Commercially speaking it's a massive improvement over Ultraviolence.

It's actually not and you will see that soon enough, besides she was longer No.1 with UV than she was with HM. The pre-order singles UV an BB got to No.1 as pre-order singles and brought much attantion to UV.

Being No. 1 on pre-orders on itunes for 2 days doesn't mean much. Sales are down by a large margin. The first week sales are an indicator how intact your fanbase and how anticipated your album is by the public in general. Being up there for two days is not that strong.

HBTB won't reach the overall sales of WC despite not dropping out of the charts. It also won't be received in the same way as WC by AAA radio formats. It's holding on better but it will maybe chart one or two wekes longer than West Coast.

As a matter of fact, UV never dropped out of the Top15 on iTunes, Honeymoon is now at 23 and always going up between 23 and 27.

Since Honeymoon is a track that won't get her a new attention and she will be waiting for another 9 days to release it (which is a long time for an album up on pre-order close to release), the album won't increase its numbers much.

Her music is not on the radio, her media presence is almost down to zero.

It's actually not and you will see that soon enough, besides she was longer No.1 with UV than she was with HM. The pre-order singles UV an BB got to No.1 as pre-order singles and brought much attantion to UV.

Being No. 1 on pre-orders on itunes for 2 days doesn't mean much. Sales are down by a large margin. The first week sales are an indicator how intact your fanbase and how anticipated your album is by the public in general. Being up there for two days is not that strong.

HBTB won't reach the overall sales of WC despite not dropping out of the charts. It also won't be received in the same way as WC by AAA radio formats. It's holding on better but it will maybe chart one or two wekes longer than West Coast.

As a matter of fact, UV never dropped out of the Top15 on iTunes, Honeymoon is now at 23 and always going up between 23 and 27.

Since Honeymoon is a track that won't get her a new attention and she will be waiting for another 9 days to release it (which is a long time for an album up on pre-order close to release), the album won't increase its numbers much.

Her music is not on the radio, her media presence is almost down to zero.

Honestly who cares... She don't care about charts, we shouldn't care about charts, no one should care about charts. The only thing we  should care is her music and since so far it's beautiful i'm happy that soon we'll have a new album. I don't care if she will sell millions as long as the music is beautiful

^ I hope you know that pre orders (instant grat tracks) don't work that way anymore. And she was never #1 on preorders with UV wtf are you talking about?? The album stalled at #2. The hype was DONE as soon as WEST COAST was out only the fans cared. Her streaming DIPPED. No longevity.

If you're going by sales 67K + 28K +27K = 189K in three weeks [it sold THAT much MORE in a declining (blame Apple music) market]

Versus

117K + 0 = 117K LOL (in a healthy market with a Hyped up coachella performance)

People are AWARE she has a new album out judging by the drastic increase in YT views and sub increase. People don't realize YT presence is VERY important. There was a very odd downward spiral in streaming in the UV era. It is now recovering. That shouldn't be overlooked. Singles sales are now counted in BB200, she will do the same if not more than UV.

You can bookmark this.

^ I hope you know that pre orders (instant grat tracks) don't work that way anymore. And she was never #1 on preorders with UV wtf are you talking about?? The album stalled at #2. The hype was DONE as soon as WEST COAST was out only the fans cared. Her streaming DIPPED. No longevity.

If you're going by sales 67K + 28K +27K = 189K in three weeks

Versus

117K + 0 = 117K LOL

People are AWARE she has a new album out judging by the drastic increase in YT views and sub increase. People don't realize YT presence is VERY important. There was a very odd downward spiral in streaming in the UV era. It is now recovering. That shouldn't be overlooked. Singles sales are now counted in BB200, she will do the same if not more than UV.

You can bookmark this.

the album went No,1 on pre-order I followed that closely.

Besides, how can I even argue with you when you can't even do simple math?

67+28+27= 189? Really?

^ I miss calcd but it still sold more LMAO in a declining market. More views more longevity more sales. The stats ARE there. You can say what you want.

UV STALLED AT #2. I followed it closely too buddy. The sad thing is SAM SMITH even blocked it from #1 on release day. That's how TRAGIC it was.

Honestly who cares... She don't care about charts, we shouldn't care about charts, no one should care about charts. The only thing we  should care is her music and since so far it's beautiful i'm happy that soon we'll have a new album. I don't care if she will sell millions as long as the music is beautiful

yaaaasssssss this!!!! Exactly!!!