ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I'm wondering who the main producer will be. Nowels, Haynie, Ronson, a combination? I'm afraid that we'll just be getting Paradise 2.0 that's incohesive and containing the same messy amount of main producers. Kayne to Haynie to Auerbach to Nowels/Heath/Haynie/Ronson :rip:

not really for me -- still think it is one of the weakest songs off UV.

your taste ... yikes.

I'm wondering who the main producer will be. Nowels, Haynie, Ronson, a combination? I'm afraid that we'll just be getting Paradise 2.0 that's incohesive and containing the same messy amount of main producers. Kayne to Haynie to Auerbach to Nowels/Heath/Haynie/Ronson :rip:

Where are you getting all of that info, tbh Ronson is not even confirmed, Haynie either. The only confirmed is Nowels/Kieron

Where are you getting all of that info, tbh Ronson is not even confirmed, Haynie either. The only confirmed is Nowels/Kieron

Just speculating based on tidbits of info we know about recording sessions.

I'm also slightly worried about an album largely produced by Nowels, lol. He's awesome as a writer and in small doses as a producer, but I feel like a full album might be too redundant. There was a reason she re-recorded all of the songs he did for UV...they had no fire.

That said, maybe he produced the demos that were expanded on by someone like Ronson/Haynie.

I'm scared for the production of Honeymoon. Haynie's BTD production wasn't perfect and overproduced at times, but it was lush and exciting. Auerbach production was sparse at times but it sounded really organic and coherent. I'm worried Honeymoon will have uninspired production and have the worst qualities of each era sonically. I'm not really a fan of Honeymoon song production (to be fair we've only heard 10s) as it sounds so worryingly similar to WFL and LiB and its simply so generic Lana (strings, layered vocals). I guess we need to hear more to identify her sonical themes for Honeymoon.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I'm scared for the production of Honeymoon. Haynie's BTD production wasn't perfect and overproduced at times, but it was lush and exciting. Auerbach production was sparse at times but it sounded really organic and coherent. I'm worried Honeymoon will have uninspired production and have the worst qualities of each era sonically. I'm not really a fan of Honeymoon song production (to be fair we've only heard 10s) as it sounds so worryingly similar to WFL and LiB and its simply so generic Lana (strings, layered vocals). I guess we need to hear more to identify her sonical themes for Honeymoon.

it is so interesting how much y'all can hear after ten seconds and two repeated words. Here I am, older than most of you, heard much more music than most of you, I am not "scared" at all.

it is so interesting how much y'all can hear after ten seconds and two repeated words. Here I am, older than most of you, heard much more music than most of you, I am not "scared" at all.

Mildly apprehensive might be a better way to put it than scared - I hope I turn out to be wrong about the production.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

kind of a bummer that this show easily had a better setlist than all the others. iunno something about the lack of consistency, people wanna know what they're paying for.

Plays virtually the same setlist for years. Gets criticized by fans for boring predictability.

Finally shakes things up by varying her setlist. Gets criticized by fans for unpredictability.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Plays virtually the same setlist for years. Gets criticized by fans for boring predictability.

Finally shakes things up by varying her setlist. Gets criticized by fans for unpredictability.

Good unpredictability would be playing a different mix of songs each concert or occassionally adding or replacing songs to the setlist. Unpredictability you don't want is Lana randomly omitting multiple songs and playing a short set on some particular dates.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

That's not a fair comparison at all.  It's not like she "shook things up" on this tour by performing different songs every night, she had a single setlist that she gradually whittled down until the last night, when she played two new songs. 

Good unpredictability would be playing a different mix of songs each concert or occassionally adding or replacing songs to the setlist. Unpredictability you don't want is Lana randomly omitting multiple songs and playing a short set on some particular dates.

Yeah I agree we should burn her house

Just speculating based on tidbits of info we know about recording sessions.

IMO he's really versatile he worked on the 5 leaked songs before UV, and they were good and they werent alike. Apart from all the songs he's worked already, he's way more versatile than Heath for example.

IMO he's really versatile he worked on the 5 leaked songs before UV, and they were good and they werent alike. Apart from all the songs he's worked already, he's way more versatile than Heath for example.

I'm worried about Heath, Haynie, and Nowels, lol. They all have a tendency to just repeat what they've already done.

He clearly is better than Heath. If she has somebody weak as a collaborateur it is def Dan Heath. His productions always lack some oomph. They don't go anywhere.

He clearly is better than Heath. If she has somebody weak as a collaborateur it is def Dan Heath. His productions always lack some oomph. They don't go anywhere.

Agreed, but I'm not as worried about him since she never lets him produce more than one song per album.