ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Not worried at all about production to be honest. I have an idea of what I want from Lana, but she never fails to deliver good music so I'm excited more than anything. If I don't like the music, it would be a shame but since I love Lana's 'sound' I doubt that will happen at this point to be honest.

qsVmBMd.png

Plays virtually the same setlist for years. Gets criticized by fans for boring predictability.

Finally shakes things up by varying her setlist. Gets criticized by fans for unpredictability.

Lel u know what I meant let's not put words in my mouth.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I'm worried about Heath, Haynie, and Nowels, lol. They all have a tendency to just repeat what they've already done.

I feel like if Nowels takes the reins he has more ability to work with whatever vision Lana throws at him, whereas Emile and Auerbach each have a very particular schtick/aesthetic that Lana enlisted for that purpose. Sure, he's brought the repetitive orchestral sound, but I have a feeling that's because that's what Lana described to him. He's also done amazing productions like Summer Wine and I Don't Wanna Go.

LIB and Honeymoon both have very layered vocals, just a thought.

LIB´s vocals seem to be very digitally adjusted in the chorus, I dont like it. I have no problem with Rick Nowels´ production, it seems very organic and AKA. Black Beauty demo >> UV version. Just no generic Heath please. The thing I worry the most is that she keeps pushing the same lyric themes again. 

Lana always delivered soundwise on her albums, I never was disappointed in that aspect of her work. Her voice is heavenly (that's the main reason I stan for her).

What I'm worried about is the theme of the album and the lyrics. The HM single lyrics are on the bad side for me and if the rest of the album is in the same mold I fear that HM will be her lowest graded album so far. I myself am somewhat tired of the undefined bad guys in her lyrics and it's kind of ridiculous to express your desperate love towards this type of dudes in 3 consecutive albums (I said that while I'm not focusing on her lyrics tbh)

Combine badish lyrics with some languid movie music produced by Heath or Haynie (somewhat like the second part of UV or the songs she made recently for Haynie and for the movies) and she'll face a huge commercial and critical flop

Lana always delivered soundwise on her albums, I never was disappointed in that aspect of her work. Her voice is heavenly (that's the main reason I stan for her).

What I'm worried about is the theme of the album and the lyrics. The HM single lyrics are on the bad side for me and if the rest of the album is in the same mold I fear that HM will be her lowest graded album so far. I myself am somewhat tired of the undefined bad guys in her lyrics and it's kind of ridiculous to express your desperate love towards this type of dudes in 3 consecutive albums (I said that while I'm not focusing on her lyrics tbh)

Combine badish lyrics with some languid movie music produced by Heath or Haynie (somewhat like the second part of UV or the songs she made recently for Haynie and for the movies) and she'll face a huge commercial and critical flop 

Were Heath and Haynie confirmed ? I have faith in Nowels. His productions were organic. And judging by the snippet I cant imagine Honeymoon song being next to generic LIB with digitally adjusted vocals. 

Tbh the only problem I have with the honeymoon lyrics is the repetitive rhyme scheme. Lyrically I don't think they're any worse than the lyrics of Ultraviolence or American.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

She used to have such clever and just great lyrics, with all this double meanings, even on BTD where there was already a slight loss in quality from her previous work I think. I guess that now she's more into improvising melodies with the band or whatever like what they did for PWYC. She became so much better in the whole sound/production/composition part of her music, which is so refined now, but i don't know why she's confident about her new lyrics tbh. They're not bad because of the way she delivers them, the fact that they fit with her music's whole concept, and she's still have like distance with them like the whole cola thing and stuff. But she did better, in the past.

I'd be perfectly alright with Nowels being a main producer. I think most of the songs he did with her are great.

Heath .. I don't know. He's good for soundtrack music and "Orchestral Remixes" (Y&B, WC) but having more than 2 songs produced by him on a record ... no pls not. Because judging by his latest collabs with her, we'd get a monotonous record if he does too much.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'm not sure why people are bemoaning her working with Heath, did he not do Bel Air?

Everyone on here jizzes their pants over that song

BzhmW.png

I'm not sure why people are bemoaning her working with Heath, did he not do Bel Air?

Everyone on here jizzes their pants over that song

He's great when it comes to one track per album, but his production tends to become too monotonous beyond that.

He's great when it comes to one track per album, but his production tends to become too monotonous beyond that.

He has only done one track per album so far with her. The rest of the tracks where he's credited is because of the string arrangements mostly (Body Electric [prod. by Rick], Yayo [Emile], UV & FMWUTTT [Auerbach]). Why are y'all worrying so much :toofunny:

Guys, she said that the production is perfect or something like that. So calm down because I don't belive that Lana is deaf. :hooker:

Is it really necessary to point out the many things Miss Lana Del Rey said which turned to be the complete opposite? Or when she blatantly lied about Cruel World having a guitar solo intro? pls trust everyone but this bitch

ZmJh1LG.jpg