Guest Maru the Cat

Member of the Week #4: IamThatGirlLily

Guest Maru the Cat

I am so, so, so happy to be able to present to you guys IamThatGirlLily's answers for MotW! (I was grinning the entire time I read her answers! :3) She's one of my favourite posters: funny, feisty and smart -- and I think her answers definitely reflect this! IamThatGirlLily was a great sport and answered nearly all the questions I sent her! (MofW winners receive a list of questions which they can then pick from to answer). If you didn't already love her (which let's face it, it's an impossibility) then you definitely will after reading her interview. :3 Let's begin!

Member of the Week: IamThatGirlLily

First of all I want to thank all members (especially the one who voted for me – virtual high five + squeeze cheeks :3) for making this place so fun and nice. I first signed up because I wanted to share my Lana obsession and theories with people other than myself. Now I'm mostly online because I love your enthusiasm, your little fake feud w/ each other [Maru's Comment: IT'S ALL REAL, THANK YOU VERY MUCH >:C], it always makes me smile... So enough for the cheesy part and let's see the questions our beloved Maru send to me!

Basic Facts

Name: Lily

1.) When did you become a fan of Lana? What was it about her that attracted you to her?

I still remember the moment I found out about Lana, it was approximately a year ago. I was reading online newspapers and her name came cross several times on both French and English websites. I was looking for new music/artists to listen to, I've been stuck with Adele for way too long – hey, don't judge me yet, her songs really resonate in me during that "darker" time of mine – so I youtubed her. To be honest I expected a latin pop singer, a mix of Shakira/JLo/Selena Gomez, swinging her hair in a gold sparkle jumpsuit with cute boys around and also 3 d... , so I played Video Games and went back reading, the strings play, she starts to sing, I stopped. I was literally struck by her deep, hypnotizing voice, it reminded me of those singers from the bygone era from the 50's and 60's. I played the video again and finally saw how gorgeous this singer is. I youtubed her again and found all these gems (Trash, Blue Jeans, Mermaid Motel, You Can Be The Boss, Kinda Outta Luck...), she was so versatile, had many genre, a unique mood to the songs and THAT VOICE! I played them non–stop for 2 weeks and became a huge fan.. Well a fan of her music, there were only 2 videos of her doing interviews (the trailer park one, and the ferrari jacket one) for a moment I thought she was a younger version of Kelly Pickler in "Are You Smarter than a 5th grader". I was so happy/released to find out she wasn't stupid. Sorry Lana.

2.) What's your current career? What's your dream job?

I am a student in IT, I code, learn about networks, make website... You know that geek you see on tv? That's me but I'm more fashionable! I wanted to be an archeologist when I was 7, my brother crushed my dream by saying that it wasn't a real job and I should stop being so irrational. Did I mentioned I was 7?

3.) What are your hobbies?

Besides Lanaboard I don't have any other online social experience. I text a LOT. I go shopping way a LOT too, my friends and I like to go try new restaurant every week. And I love japanese hip hop dancers: poppin, locking, waacking, new style.. I love watching them battle and doing showcases.

4.) Who are your favourite artists?

I have other artists that I like but I can't say I'm a fan, at least not as the same level as I am of Lana. I like a lot Meryl Streep for her talent, Angelina Jolie (yes, so what?!) for her Hollywood Glam/Trash/Saint aura, Mila Kunis for her personality, Tarantino & Aronovsky because I'm just amazed by their vision on things, the way they match their music with the image...

5.) What would you consider your greatest accomplishment(s)?

I'm still young so I'd say my studies for one, being able to gather some amazing people around me and not have turned into a sick shy/wild child. Now that I look back, I think that my parents had been kinda fulla luck.

6.) What is a characteristic/trait you see in others that you wish you had?

There're so many! Being able to start interesting conversation with strangers is one of them. Something is holding me back, I tend to listen a lot when I don't know people, I listen so much that I forget to talk. When I'm doing a job interview or an oral exam, things are fine, I have an aim and I know how to sell myself. But if you put me in a waiting room with a stranger, forget it!

7.) What did you do today?

I had a 4 hours networking class, then had lunch with my mom and an another person. After that I went shopping with my friend, had a bubble tea, bought cookies for my nephew and head back home.

8.) Put your iPod/music library on suffle and tell us which 10 songs are played. Don't skip, don't cheat!

Praying for embarrassing stuff to not show..

1. Coldpay – Fix You

2. Aimi Kobayashi – Chopin 1st Impromtu

3. Coeur de Pirate & Julien Doré – Pour un infidèle

4. Muse – Starlight

5. Prince – Kiss

6. Eminem – When I'm Gone

7. Martin Solveig – Jealousy

8. Morris Day and the Time – Get It Up

9. Guilty Simpson – Clap Your Hands

10. Chairlift – Bruises

11. Tracy Chapman – Fast Car

12. Corneille – Le Marchand de Rêve

13. The Coasters – Down in Mexico

14. edIT – Back Up Off The Floor (pt.2 ft. The Grouch)

15. Lana Del Rey – Queen Of Gas Station (finally!!)

10.) Lana's junior and high school years have been rather chaotic from what we know. How were yours?

I was uber shy when younger but I had the best junior years: making friends, having good grades, everything was so easy and fun. Then my best friend had to move in another country, I went to high school where I was on my own and knew no one. I was in a group with some nice girls but our minds didn't match. I just couldn't wait to get out of there, it was so boring and felt lonely sometimes. I wasn't miserable but I don't recall any awesome memories from these 3 years, high school was rather uninteresting.

11.) If given the opportunity to meet Lana for an hour, what would you do/say?

I would tell how I love what she does *giggle*, I'll tell her to keep doing what she has always been doing and I'll be supportive of her music whatever she decides to do *giggle some more*. Then I'll ask her to sign my iPod. I also want to know the missing lyrics of Mermaid Motel, Dum Dum (plus all the other undecipherable lyrics), her thought about the leaks, her working process. And I'd ask her if I can see her rings and fake nail collection. :3

12.) What was the last book you read?

The last english book I read was Suzanne Collins' The Mockingjay. French book: Meditations on First Philosophy (subtitled In which the existence of God and the immortality of the soul are demonstrated) by René Descartes. I'm not playing smart, that book is a pain in the ass. I had it since high school, I never bothered to read it entirely. Since Lana is so fascinated by God, philosophy, soul, I thought it could be interesting to finish it.

13.) Do any of the words sassy, fabulous, or flawless describe you?

Sassy definitely, I don't think I'm fab and even less flawless.

14.) Do you like pies? What is your favourite kind of pie? (Maru's Note: I had to ask this on behalf of Lemon pie, after all. I'm sure he'll be reading this thread so... answer wisely.)

I'm more into pastries than pie but nothing beats a lemon pie with some cool whip ;)

15.) What are the small things in life that make you as happy as a clam kitty?

Texting with my friends while lazying on the couch with some treats and sucky tv shows late at night, this is the best!

16.) What are your (pet peeves?)/(deal-breakers when it comes to friends/relationships?)

Cockiness and arrogance. Get off your high horse ass/bitch!

17.) Would you rather love and be loved or know all God knows?

Tricky question, I'd say love. I respect all religions, I have one myself but I just don't understand it. Like how..? Why.. ? how..?! These simple questions that no one can answer always cross my mind.

18.) What would you say is your favourite physical trait + personality trait in potential partner?

One's look plays a big part on your first impression on people, but I don't really have any physical preference – although my ex had everything on my non–existing check list . When you start to befriend with someone, their personality take over all the rest, the look doesn't matter that much. That being said, I like tall, not too skinny boy – I don't want to have a complex where my bf jeans are smaller than mine – he's got to be funny and open–minded, not stupid.

19.) You can bring two people back from the dead, have an exquisite dinner and some great conversation with them... who would they be and what would you eat?

Jesus and Einstein, I want their point of view on our actual society. I want Jesus to tell me about the process of being one of the the most famous, influent person on earth and his thought about it. I want Einstein to explain, in detail, everything he knows about the universe. Then I'll let the two of them argue and defend their theories while I'm having a huge homemade ice cream dessert. Starter: foie gras with french bread.

Meal: roast beef with pepper gravy, potatoes and salad. Red wine for the beef, white for the dessert.

20.) What's something not many people know about you?/What's something that we would be surprised to learn about you?

I know my future. Should I develop? Okay, I have a magical book that my gramma gave to me because I was obsessed with it. I used to be skeptic and have my mom decipher it for me for fun but everything it predicted for my mom, dad and bro happened, i'm waiting in line.

21.) Recommend us a song that we just have to listen to! (Can't be anything popular/Top 40 pop, etc)

Leah Kauffman – I Got a Crush On Obama (08 presidential). It's catchy and funny... and old.

24.) Why do you have a gif of a puppy on your profile? You know the rules of the forum, I have been VERY clear. Are you a dog person or a cat person? TELL US THE TRUTH, LILY.

A puppy? What puppy?? All I see is an overly cute ball of fur. All balls of fur should be equal, no matter the shape of their ears or the presence of mustache near their truffle!! You want another mutiny????!!

[Maru's Comment: BRING IT LILY. BRING IT ON. *flexes mod-powers*]

25.) Ben calls you up and says, "Hey Lily, we gotta talk. Coffee in a few hours?" DO YOU AGREE? IT COULD BE A STING OPERATION AND MAYBE YOU'LL GET ARRESTED AS SOON AS YOU SHOW UP AT THE CAFE FOR RESISTING HIS INFLUENCE ON THE FORUM!

Believe me or not I thought about that! (not the "he'll call me for a coffee" part, the other half of your question). Imagine he sends an email to some of the members of the forum to invite us to meet Lana and talk about her music, her album, for her to know her fan base a little better in her hotel room... But it turns out to be a trap, instead of Lana you'll find yourself in a creepy, shady room with a sweaty, bald FBI agent with a mustache and bad breath!! Eeks.

Great minds meet Maru! LOL :smiles:

26.) Turns out Ben is hitting on you and is rather smitten to you. He likes strong, independent women, something you very much are. WOULD YOU TAP THAT? This is a photo of him. (Maru: I'm not trying to sway your opinion here, but I know I most definitely would icon_idea.gif)

Haven't seen the rest of it but I wouldn't mind! ;p Plus he's an ass**** of a lawyer, it's just perfect.

BONUS: Is there anything you'd like to tell the community of LanaBoards?

Shit I've said everything in the intro :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

BONUS #2: Isn't SitarKitty the ugliest kitty with his boring coat of fur, and HDB and I on the sides are the absolute cutest cats you've ever seen? Don't you agree that Sitar should just STOP trying to be as cute as HDB and I because he is of subpar cuteness? Every time you come across Sitar's claims that is a great cat, don't you have this reaction: :wtf: ?

Listen kittens, the cutest will be the first one who'd jump in a bowl of pepsi cola. In the meantime I'll let you have your cat fight, i'll stick with my puppy. (you're all mods, I don't wanna have problems)

I don't even know why SitarHero even tries; he is such a mediocre kitty and HDB and Maru are clearly the better kittens.

[Maru: This answer was in no way edited by me. At all. DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT. shifty.gif]

Lily, you're a lovely girl and I love your posts. I, for one, am happy you almost caused everyone on the forum to become mutinous. It's really becoming a pretty good haven and you inadvertently set that into motion ;) Also, as a member and person you're deserving and funny. Loved your answers.

Maru, stop trying :whoopi: Everyone knows you're jealous because HDB friendzoned you and he's all over my kitty jock, I mean YOU leaked the picture...

aBWlv.jpg

Don't think everyone can't see this jigsaw coming together.

Guest Maru the Cat

To be honest I expected a latin pop singer, a mix of Shakira/JLo/Selena Gomez, swinging her hair in a gold sparkle jumpsuit with cute boys around and also 3 d...

I just caught this. I'll let it slide this time... >:C

Maru, stop trying :whoopi: Everyone knows you're jealous because HDB friendzoned you and he's all over my kitty jock, I mean YOU leaked the picture...

aBWlv.jpg

...I...I don't know how I didn't put this together earlier. O _ O

I feel so stupid. I just want to cry.

7P0bL.jpg

HDB, if you're reading this, I HATE YOU FOR MISLEADING ME AND MAKING ME THINK THAT WHATEVER YOU HAD WITH SITARKITTY WASN'T SERIOUS AND THAT WHAT WE HAD WAS THE REAL DEAL AND DON'T SPEAK TO ME EVER AGAIN. :(

Guest Maru the Cat

This topic has been restored. If anyone has a problem with this topic, PLEASE PM ME instead of deleting topics without any sort of notification.

aBWlv.jpg

7P0bL.jpg

HDB, if you're reading this, I HATE YOU FOR MISLEADING ME AND MAKING ME THINK THAT WHATEVER YOU HAD WITH SITARKITTY WASN'T SERIOUS AND THAT WHAT WE HAD WAS THE REAL DEAL AND DON'T SPEAK TO ME EVER AGAIN. :(

I can't believe you two! Maru, you're really going to use our identical-twin trait against me to try and make it seem like I made out with SitarKitty?!?! That is preposterous! I've seen you two lurking around together, sending each other frisky PMs and leaving me out of all your conversations! I know what goes on in our house! Monicker has seen it, too! Why do you think he's been giving me more catnip lately? I deserve it because you two always leave me alone!! I mean, just look at this picture of us, you and I are identical.

A-litter_week12_3kittens.jpg

I honestly don't even know what your problem is, seeing as the kitty you're making out with in the previous picture isn't even white like SitarKitty. You cat-skank! Is Sitar so basic that you have to cheat on him, and then blame me for smooching with him so you could go off and purr all over every other cat in town?! I thought I knew you.

14417469274.gif

congrats lily, you absolutely rock! i loved your interview ♥

i have to comment that i am so intrigued by this:

20.) What's something not many people know about you?/What's something that we would be surprised to learn about you?

I know my future. Should I develop? Okay, I have a magical book that my gramma gave to me because I was obsessed with it. I used to be skeptic and have my mom decipher it for me for fun but everything it predicted for my mom, dad and bro happened, i'm waiting in line.

if possible (and not secret) i would love to know more about this (and you should definitely write your own "gramma" song, because she sounds like a legend! :))

Thank you guys for your nice words (^.^)//, it was fun answering those questions. But I have some request.

I just caught this. I'll let it slide this time... >:C

7P0bL.jpg

You perverted kitty mind! I never meant that I wanted to create an effect in which people feel like I was getting lost in my thread of thought (which I was bth), so I taped onto a random letter.. At least this picture fits either way. :P

Definitely worth reading the interview! Its really interesting and funny! I am really curious about the magic book! :flutter:

if possible (and not secret) i would love to know more about this (and you should definitely write your own "gramma" song, because she sounds like a legend! :))

Haha, well it's an old book that my gramma kept on a shelf for 20 or 30 years, I have no idea where she got it. It works quiet easily, all you need is your date and hour of birth from the lunar calendar, then your have to calculate a certain number of data according to the book, and then comes the hard part where you have to decipher what is says - it uses rather old grammar and complicated syntax. It gives a general idea of you life (whether it will be shitty or successful to make it short), but it also has weird and precise details like age, events... My mom doesn't like that, she doesn't want to do it for my nephews, imagine it's bad.. you should not be fatalist. If it's good you still have to make effort for things to come. So yeah I'm waiting to see if that book is right about me as well.

You're delicious Lemon Pie but that video's music is disgusting.

up45I.gif

I honestly don't even know what your problem is, seeing as the kitty you're making out with in the previous picture isn't even white like SitarKitty. You cat-skank! Is Sitar so basic that you have to cheat on him, and then blame me for smooching with him so you could go off and purr all over every other cat in town?! I thought I knew you.

As if everyone can't see the kitty lyrics you dedicate to me. Get over it, HDB, it's just physical :bye:

(NOW leaving this thread to Lily.)